Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    lol Jean should make a list of all the hosts and spend a few hours fretting about the order in which she should contact them so not to offense anyone. Politics is soo complicated...
    I mean, Rachel is right there at the school Jean's in already. Quentin too. So of course Jean's best impulse is to track down her (sort of) granddaughter holed up who knows where in the world. Also the avatar who had the most trouble hosting the force. Makes complete sense.

That said, I'm excited to see Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    She went to her friends. Which the first thing they did was have Hank test her. Where did it say she went to Beast specifically? They were the ones that dismissed it before trying anything else. That's not her fault. That's why she's going to take matters into her own hands...

And maybe she's annoyed that her friends would so casually brush it off when history has proven Jean's connection with this force.
    If Jeen is really freaked out I don't but that she goes to anyone but the o5 for help, especially at first. They're her closest friends (that she just ran away with) and she trust them. This is awkward solo-itis syndrome.

BANNED

Hank should really be using Xavier's Shi'ar Phoenix tests on Jean. See if Jean is just the house it lives in.

I'm somewhat surprised they aren't taking Jean at least a little bit more seriously since they all have extended history with the Phoenix and (should) know that science, logic, and reason is only going to get you so far with the thing.

But in their defense, the superhero community at large has never been able to effectively deal with it one way or another either (unless they plan to roll out Wanda again). The Phoenix always gets what it wants eventually.

BANNED

Surprised Storm's not in on the leadership meeting there. I guess Teen Beast now outranks her.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I liked Hope's role in Spurrier's XForce actually
    Agreed. I liked her in the prior Cable and X-Force as well. AVX did a lot of harm to the character, but I thought her prior appearances were fine and her post-AVX appearances were pretty good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post
    Agreed. I liked her in the prior Cable and X-Force as well. AVX did a lot of harm to the character, but I thought her prior appearances were fine and her post-AVX appearances were pretty good.
    She was fun in Generation Hope too, particularly the second Asmus half where she was more arguably the villian on the team.

The real problem was how awful she was in Fraction's Uncanny and then parts of AVX. Even in the latter she had some good moments though, like when she and Logan fought the Shi'ar Death Commandos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Surprised Storm's not in on the leadership meeting there. I guess Teen Beast now outranks her.
    Interesting observation. Might deserve a thread of its own.

I mean, Rachel is right there at the school Jean's in already. Quentin too. So of course Jean's best impulse is to track down her (sort of) granddaughter holed up who knows where in the world. Also the avatar who had the most trouble hosting the force. Makes complete sense.

Well, I mean, I get it though because everyone in charge -- all the adults around her -- are telling her to forget about it and that she's freaking out over nothing.
    They've ALL interacted with the Phoenix force, as she says by bringing up the AvX nonsense, and they're all still insisting "no no no go have a sandwich and chill"
    So from her perspective, all the folks in positions of power here at the school are dismissing her.

Next impulse: Seek OUTSIDE the school
    Impulse after that? Seek the MOST RECENT Phoenix host.

I mean, yeah sure, we can all argue till we're blue in the face that being as physically close/accessible to Rachel as she is, she should AT LEAST give her a shot but...maybe Rachel went out. Maybe she doesn't recognize her in her oh so edgey eye liner drawn "mask". Maybe she forgot about her. Haven't we all at some point? Forgotten about Rachel? Isn't that part of her charm? Rachel who again? She has history with the bird? Ohhhh riiiiiiiiight. Okay yeabutahma look up Hope because she's like my age and I just need to feel validated right now.

I dunno.
    Kids. <shrug>

Am I the only one who loves the fact that every writer and editor ignores that Beast left the X-Men and Inhumans at the end of IVX???

I wouldn't be surprised if she's trying to avoid Rach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    No, I think it was stupid to go to a scientist and say here's my story and I have not evidence and expect something to happen.
    Did she? So why are Kitty and Carol there? Seems to me she went to see the adult X-Men (who should know better) and not just a scientist. Speaking of scientist, Beast should know better than just dismiss Jean's vision because he knows, by experience, that 1) He doesn't really know anything about the PF and that his technology isn't very useful to detect, track or do anything about it and 2) that such visions about the PF are more often based on something than not.

In fact, if Beast still had a few neurons working, he should also consider the possibility that someone is trying to play mind games with Jean. That already happened after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    If Jeen is really freaked out I don't but that she goes to anyone but the o5 for help, especially at first. They're her closest friends (that she just ran away with) and she trust them. This is awkward solo-itis syndrome.
    And what they can do ?, Tyke is scared of his future self, Teen Beast is also a scientist, and there is also Teen Iceman; then only one who could at least give any advise is Teen Angel.

BANNED

The leadership committee should be looking for corroboration. Last time the Phoenix manifested and was headed to Earth multiple avatars had visions (and nosebleeds).

If Rachel and Quentin were at the school, don't you think they would be at this meeting with Beast, Kitty and Carol? Or do you think it makes more sense that they can't be bothered because they are too busy watching the lastest episode of The Bold and the Beautiful?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Interesting observation. Might deserve a thread of its own.
    Please stop lol. Don't give them any ideas.