View Poll Results: Warren's Wings of Light vs. Wings of Fire vs the others.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wings Of Light

5 8.06%
  • Wings Of Cosmic Fire

11 17.74%
  • Original Feather Wings

17 27.42%
  • Metal Wings from Apocalypse

29 46.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Warren's Wings of Light vs. Wings of Fire

I'm just curious what do you guys prefer?

When Warren was still blue, and before he gained his feather wings back, after suffering an injury from Sabertooth, in the Sabertooth #1 Special (The Original Five hunt him down after he gutted Betsy) He molted and gained Wings of Pure Light and healing abilities.

I'm still not quite sure what the Wings of Cosmic Fire do.
    Last edited by richalex; 05-18-2017 at 09:25 AM.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I'm just curious what do you guys prefer?

When Warren was still blue, and before he gained his feather wings back, after suffering an injury from Sabertooth, in the Sabertooth #1 Special (The Original Five hunt him down after he gutted Betsy) He molted and gained Wings of Pure Light and healing abilities.

I'm still not quite sure what the Wings of Cosmic Fire do.
    They shoot Cosmic Fire!
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

I like the creative impulse that thought wings of fire needed something extra.

Light looks better.

BANNED

Prefer light. Fire wings are a bit too cliché to me.

Archangel manifested energy wings the first time during The Twelve storyline. Those abilities are listed below plus some of the other variations.

Life Force Wings: Life-Force Manipulation: Angel temporarily had his wings and hair empowered with 'life-force energy' due to Apocalypse's modifications. He had the ability to heal all kinds of injuries both physical and mental in nature. After healing the former Horseman War, his wings returned to normal.
    Psionics: A side effect of his life energy powers gave him mid-high grade mental abilities also attributed to his former masters modifications. After he had healed Abraham Kieros of his quadriplegia, he lost his psychic abilities along with the use of his life wings.

Psi-Talons: Warren could elongate the tips of his fingers into claws of psi-energy to; in Psylocke's own words "rip through the fabric of ones psyche" during a later confrontation with Apocalypse.
    Mental Blocks: Warrens psychic powers allowed him to partially shield his mind from telepathic intrusion by Psylocke. Whose weakened psi-powers were enhanced using Cerebro at the time.
    Limited Telepathic Communication's: through the psychic link Warren shared with Elizabeth by her psychic intrusion into his mind. Warren could speak with and interact with her mind as a two-way communique. He demonstrated by saving her from being overcome by the Shadow king entity sealed inside of her psyche.
    Enhanced Avian Physiology: Angel underwent a physiological structure change when he came in contact with the Extraterrestrial entity. First, his wings molted away to nothing only to come back larger and stronger than ever before, his peak human abilities were also largely enhanced to match his new wingspan enabling him to hold up a falling plane for a brief time.

===

Techno-Organic Wings: Angel was given techno-organic wings by Apocalypse as part of his conversion to the Horseman Death. Their feathers could be launched as flechettes which hit like bullets and able to pierce steel, due in part to their incredible endurance and composition. Archangel could use them to torpedo himself through most anything blasting through and rending it apart. Eventually, those wings molted revealing feathered wings underneath, although, it was later told that those simply appeared organic. Later, after his apparent organic wings were lost for a second time, the techno-organic wings regrew and his blue skin color returned. After killing those who took his organic wings, he reverted to his original Angel form. It's since been revealed that under stress his Archangel abilities can return, though he lacks complete control over this more aggressive form. During his time in the X-Force, he has demonstrated the ability to become Archangel but still lacking control. He later lost control entirely. Merging back with his archangel persona has returned his wingspan to him.[83]

Flight: The wings enabled him to fly approximately at Mach 1, possibly even faster considering he had little trouble out-flying a fighter jet which can travel a speed of Mach 2.35 (2,903 kph) and later still showed out flying the Blackbird while above sea level at Mach 4.2 (roughly 5,189 kph).[84]
    Wing Blades: His T.O. wings have razor sharp edges running along them, most likely mono-molecular in sharpness, making them very deadly bladed weapons for him to use. It's suggested they can cleave semblances with the toughness of diamond being sharp enough cleave stone, tear through tempered steel slice and can easily cleave grown men clean in two.[84]
    Wing Shielding: Due to their metallic transorganic nature they made decent shields to protect his body by covering up in them. Able to resist an arrow barrage, bullet fire, flash flames, a missile strike and lastly can tank a bio-nuclear microwave blast from the mutant Holocaust.[85]
    Poisonous Plumage: Warrens new wings came with dischargable flechettes which carried a potent neurotoxin paralyzing their mark on contact.
    Regenerative Healing Factor: Even before the lion-share of his powers were purged from him, Warren still had the ability to regrow damaged and destroyed tissue due in part to both his mutations and the T.O. factor of his wings. Every time they had been extracted new ones would regrow in their place.[83]

Hypersonic Scream: Both the Archangel entity and his cloned Death-Flight legion could emit an intense acoustic shrieking which could cause disorientation and internal bleeding.[83]

Energy Halo: A possible extension of his original power-set Archangel is accommodated by a surrounding wreath of bright energy.

===

Black Vortex Empowerment: As result of being under the cosmic power of the corrupting Black Vortex Warren gained a whole new list of abilities of a similar yet radicalized variation of his future selves celestial tech powers, growing powerful enough to shatter the Kree home-world's defenses with ease.[11]

Cosmic Wings: Having been altered by the vortex had infused Warrens wingspan with celestial energies enabling him faster than light travel through space.
    Cosmic Energy: Angel can discharge enough cosmic energy from his wings in order to eviscerate planetary fleets.
    Celestial Tech-like Armor: His transformation enables the cladding of otherworldly materials onto himself enabling the better channeling of his new cosmic power.
    Energy Swords: These new powers allows him to conjure a pair of energized blades with which he can apparently cleave through anything.
    Self-Sustenance: Angel doesn't need to breath while he's flying through the cosmos in his empowered form.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I hate the cosmic wings. I like the metal wings though
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

for me

Cosmic Fire>Light >Metal and feathers are just ok

Feathers are easily the worst ones. The metal ones are overdone...I've seen them too many times. Light wings are cool as **** but they never meshed well with Warren's blue skin. Cosmic fire is definitely the best.

BANNED

I like the feathers. I don't understand how he flies with the other wings...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I like the feathers. I don't understand how he flies with the other wings...
    Do you understand how other characters without any wings fly?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Feathers are easily the worst ones. The metal ones are overdone...I've seen them too many times. Light wings are cool as **** but they never meshed well with Warren's blue skin. Cosmic fire is definitely the best.
    See I like the original feathers, everything else just seems like they are trying too hard to be "badass."
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Well the good news is that was don't have to choose. We have Adult Archangel with the metal wings and teen angel with the cosmic fire wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    See I like the original feathers, everything else just seems like they are trying too hard to be "badass."
    I dont necessarily hate the feathers but