Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    How does that pull works when Damian is Nightwing in Injustice? Is like people was voting for Damian twice, also I don't know why vote for a character you know is going to be in the game already.
    ..........are you serious?

The poll happened before Robin was confirmed to be in the game and Boon meant Dick by Nightwing.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Barry don't quite fit the conditions set by OP. Unlike Jason, Barry was a major character whose death was meant to be shocking and show how high the stakes were and was continuously referenced after the fact plenty of times. To not mention people were aware of him thanks to 90's TV show.

Oh and Jason actually won the two polls Boon put him into.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/763770917294055424

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    ..........are you serious?

The poll happened before Robin was confirmed to be in the game and Boon meant Dick by Nightwing.
    Yeah I'm serious, and now I'm confused. Dick is pretty dead in Injustice universe and Damian was in the game since Injustice I... are you saying they did the pull before that?

Astonishing Member

How is that possible? How can casuals even know about the Red Hood if they don't read comics? They carton movie fans?
    He is basically a "cooler version" of Batman that goes around killing criminals. Rubes eat that up even if they have no knowledge of the source material since a lot of criticism of Batman is him being a wimp for not straight out murdering his rogues gallery.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-18-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Yeah I'm serious, and now I'm confused. Dick is pretty dead in Injustice universe and Damian was in the game since Injustice I... are you saying they did the pull before that?
    Joker is dead and he still made it in the roster and Robin wasn't in the first game.

The poll happened before I2.

in comics history? dunno if i'd go that far. think i'd go with either Hal or Bucky. don't get me wrong though, i really like (for the most part) what they have did with Jason since his return.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Joker is dead and he still made it in the roster.
    No kidding? How?

and Robin wasn't in the first game.
    yeah, that's why I said Damian was in the pull twice and already in included in Injustice. Look it doesn't really matter, I'm not saying the Red Hood is not popular between gamers, I'm saying that pull was terribly done.

one of the reasons why red hood beat nightwing in that pool was because nightwing was aldeady in injustice 1. but yeah jason have his fans.

No kidding? How?

yeah, that's why I said Damian was in the pull twice and already in included in Injustice. Look it doesn't really matter, I'm not saying the Red Hood is not popular between gamers, I'm saying that pull was terribly done.

Man.....

Damian wasn't in the poll twice. Nightwing = Dick because if he wasn't, Boon would have explained that he meant Damian like he did with Robin.

How Joker made it? He was just included and they made the excuse that he was a "hallucination".

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Still Bucky IMO. He hasn't been as consistent but his run with Brubaker is still >>>>>

And he's become a household name with the MCU
    Yep. Not comics per se but Brubaker's run paved the way for greater awareness in the general public.

For goodness' sake, I learned there was a #GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend Twitter tag from watching the 6 o'clock evening news.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Yep. Not comics per se but Brubaker's run paved the way for greater awareness in the general public.

For goodness' sake, I learned there was a #GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend Twitter tag from watching the 6 o'clock evening news.
    That was due the movie, not the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That was due the movie, not the comics.
    Hence why I mentioned it paved the way. Besides, without the Captain America run by Ed Brubaker, there probably wouldn't have been a Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I would have to say either him or Bucky. Jason was voted to be killed off by the fans as Robin. Two decades later he is brought back and is one of the fan favorites in the DCU now.

Same thing with Bucky.
    Wouldn't Steve Rogers, who'd had a nearly ten year general absence from comics, be the biggest in terms of anglophone comics? Cap's got to be the actually most successful, right?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Wouldn't Steve Rogers, who'd had a nearly ten year general absence from comics, be the biggest in terms of anglophone comics? Cap's got to be the actually most successful, right?
    Oh yeah I honestly forgot about that. Steve Rogers describes this thread perfectly. I'd say he wins

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Oh yeah I honestly forgot about that. Steve Rogers describes this thread perfectly. I'd say he wins
    The difference with Steve Rogers (and a few other suggestions) is that he was never deeply unpopular with a huge section of fandom. There are likely quite a few fans who are indifferent to Steve, but the number who actually revile him is probably limited. Jason Todd, however, had a huge target on his back during the 1980s, enough that fans successfully voted to kill him off. During the years that Jason was dead, voices supporting him were few and far between.

So it's not a matter of a character who was sidelined for a long time being successfully revived, but a character who was deeply hated by a large segment of fandom and didn't seem to have much hope of changing that narrative unexpectedly gaining newfound respect and popularity after being given a second chance years after his demise.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014