Page 65 of 119 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    It clearly isn't. She shares the name but basically nothing else in common with the Looker from the comics.
    It is strange they used the name of a hero for a villain tho, they easily could have used a new name. Wondering if Looker survived this episode she looked dead to me but BL and Thunder were talking about her as if she was still alive.

They have a potential out with this. We don't know Looker's civilian name. They could reintroduce a character more like the one from the comics and then say the villain Looker stole her identity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I never thought he would be really dead, but I'm very glad to see it confirmed last night.
    I remember watching an old Captain America serial (on video tape; I'm not old enough to have seen it on original release) in which it appeared that Captain America died. The next episode would show that he escaped, but it was kind of a cheat. You should have been able to see it in the cliffhanger episode. Anne Wikes in Misery (by Stephen King) felt the same way about some of the serials. I was pretty sure Gambi wasn't dead, but it sure looked like he had died. The resolution was kind of a cheat in the same way as the Cap serial, but, at any rate, I'm glad he's alive.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I have a feeling Tobias will be around as long as the series lasts.
    He's like the Kingpin of the Netflix Daredevil series.

Sandy Hausler

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

If the Titians haven't introduced the Doom Patrol already, I can imagine Jennifer and Khali meeting them in Black Lightning.

Maybe Jennifer and Khali can run into more 'Outsiders', like Metamorpho or encounter Prince Brion Markov (Geo-Force)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wish I knew why writers feel so bound by a character's existing canon, especially with Arrow and Black Lightning. Neither have an expansive rogues gallery. They have 90% of DC villains out there, why not use 'em?
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah it is strange maybe they feel they have to save them for other hero shows in the future? But nah it doesn't make sense. Even tho this show has come up with some pretty good villains so far.
    I agree too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    If the Titians haven't introduced the Doom Patrol already, I can imagine Jennifer and Khali meeting them in Black Lightning.

Maybe Jennifer and Khali can run into more 'Outsiders', like Metamorpho or encounter Prince Brion Markov (Geo-Force)

I agree too.
    They did a few episodes ago. Its where we were formally introduced to Gar/Beast Boy. And a pretty good episode, altogether.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Wonder what Mike W Barr thinks of what they did do his creation, LOOKER?

Personally I hated it. It was Looker in name only.

Did like the scene with Jefferson and Gambi.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    It is strange they used the name of a hero for a villain tho, they easily could have used a new name. Wondering if Looker survived this episode she looked dead to me but BL and Thunder were talking about her as if she was still alive.

I think she was still alive but literally drained of her powers.

Black Lightning Showrunner Salim Akil Accused of Domestic Violence

In upsetting but sadly all too common news, another major Hollywood power player has been accused of domestic abuse and sexual violence. Salim Akil, showrunner and executive producer of Black Lightning and Love Is__ is being sued by Amber Dixon Brenner, who alleges that she and the producer began an extramarital affair ten years ago, which ended some time last year. Dixon Brenner alleges that during the affair, Akil was physically, emotionally, and sexually abusive to her.

Akil has been married to powerhouse writer and producer Mara Brock Akil since 1999, who created long-running hits like Girlfriends, The Game, and Being Mary Jane. She is also a producer on Black Lightning and Love Is__.
    https://www.themarysue.com/salim-aki...stic-violence/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think she was still alive but literally drained of her powers.
    Yeah she must be pretty tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Black Lightning Showrunner Salim Akil Accused of Domestic Violence

https://www.themarysue.com/salim-aki...stic-violence/
    We don't know what happened, so I am not taking sides. But staying in an extra-marital affair for ten years that is abusive is some seriously messed up psychology. I'm not victim blaming, just commenting on how complex these relationships can be.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 12-01-2018 at 09:01 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Why weren't Looker's men, or even Looker herself, aware of how odd it would be for someone to have glowing veins after being electrocuted? You would think they would realize that he is a meta whose powers do not derive from his suit like they thought.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Mighty Member

Look's like Tobias is about to figure out Black Lighting's secret identity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's not hard to figure out once you put the pieces together. It's how Henderson did it. I'm not fond how the subplot over what was in Tobias's briefcase has seemingly been abandoned.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's not hard to figure out once you put the pieces together. It's how Henderson did it. I'm not fond how the subplot over what was in Tobias's briefcase has seemingly been abandoned.
    Didn't they say it contained information on every politician and influential person in Freeland?