Page 59 of 119 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That's not quite right. Lynn told Issa that he has the metahuman gene. The greenlight made the meta gene unstable. Makes sense since greenlight don't awoken powers in everyone who used it.
    ? How does that differ from what I said?

"metas from green light are inherently unstable"

They have the meta gene. Meta's who got their power because of green light have unstable/damaged/decaying DNA.

Extraordinary Member

I can't wait till tobias gets killed lol. He's being written as one of those villains who's too powerful and gets away with too much. He blames Khalil for Syonide's death "You shoulda known" But he didn't even know and he's the Boss WTF? But yeah Jefferson stepping down as Principal makes sense no way you could be a Principal and a Superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I can't wait till tobias gets killed lol. He's being written as one of those villains who's too powerful and gets away with too much. He blames Khalil for Syonide's death "You shoulda known" But he didn't even know and he's the Boss WTF? But yeah Jefferson stepping down as Principal makes sense no way you could be a Principal and a Superhero.
    I doubt Tobias will ever die. He is Black Lightning's version of Joker or Lex Luthor.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I doubt Tobias will ever die. He is Black Lightning's version of Joker or Lex Luthor.
    Hasn't stopped the Joker from dying in adaptions.

Extraordinary Member

I could see it happening and them bringing him back later. Even though there are other good villains on the show.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 10-18-2018 at 06:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hasn't stopped the Joker from dying in adaptions.
    And they've shown a lot villains get killed so far even if they've brought one back.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    How is he getting away with too much? He's had to fake his death to avoid prison, lost two people he cares for, failed to kill a priest, has failed to kill Kara and failed to turn the public against Black Lightning. Hell, now it's starting to look like Khalil will turn on him too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How is he getting away with too much? He's had to fake his death to avoid prison, lost two people he cares for, failed to kill a priest, has failed to kill Kara and failed to turn the public against Black Lightning. Hell, now it's starting to look like Khalil will turn on him too.
    Ah maybe you're right. He has taken a lot of losses lately, seeing him take out his anger on Khalil made me mad tho.

are the scenes involving Robert Townsend and Bill Duke pretty decent?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    are the scenes involving Robert Townsend and Bill Duke pretty decent?
    Yes. Townsend was very good, while Duke didn't even appear to be acting.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

I think the problem that we have in live adaptions is that villains can't stay at the top of the food chain indefinitely. He will likely be like Boyd was in Justified, bouncing up and down on the threat scale, falling them climbing back to the top

Mighty Member

Was that Syonide in that mausoleum Tobias was arrested at?

I hope whoever chooses the music in mixes it into the episode is making bank. He/She brings episodes to life.

Astonishing Member

Have to admit the show was all over with characters point of views.

The family suddenly knows a meta and chooses that way of all ways to spring it? And get angry at Jennifer for reacting how she did? The more I see of this family the more I really do think Lynn and Jefferson are supposed to be bad parents.

The Principal amuses me since folks on twitter are raging hard against him. I won't be surprised if he turns out to be scummy but so far all he's done is come in for his first day of school
    1) He's instantly questioned by one of his staff who near as the School Board sees was negligent
    2) Wants to hammer out how his school administration will run itself

But because he's White and Jefferson's replacement he's clearly bad.

Same with Anissa trying to backtrack from the prior season with Grace. Anissa is terrible at relationships but that seems all on her. It's actually hard to root for her and Grace to become a couple considering how Anissa's acting.

The ones who really come off well are ironically Jennifer and despite everything Khalil. Actually feel for him now. Hope he makes some good choices with Tobias off the grid for the moment.

With all the cops that are on the payroll of Tobias I can't see him being in jail too long.