Page 106 of 119 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1779

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Right, but on the new combined Earth, Superman isn't a fictional character anymore.
    Jefferson just remembers when he and a whole host of other heroes were .

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jefferson just remembers when he and a whole host of other heroes were .
    More like the people writing the script have memory problems.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Thinking back on the episode I have to wonder how the 100 is competition for the Kobra. If they have the money to have a GI Joe ninja on retainer they should be steamrolling a regular street gang.

Why is tonight's episode a rerun?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Why is tonight's episode a rerun?
    No idea, but new episodes won't be back until April 12. Probably the second half of the season or something.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Good Painkiller spin-off.

Nice Supporting Cast and a good dynamic between Khalil and Painkiller. Plus [spoilers:
    ]Odell's daughter[
    end of spoilers] has the potential for an interesting Big Bad.

But CGI City was so CGI.

BANNED

Hope we get a Painkiller spinoff

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Hope we get a Painkiller spinoff
    Um, one has already been confirmed.

I had reception issues and missed the first quarter of this - so I'm very confused as to "why the things" for the rest of the episode. Can someone give a recap so the parts of the episode I got to see makes sense?

So apparently a year from now the Arrowverse will have Cyberpunk Wakanda with a bunch of self-driving cars, readily available holograms, holographic AI's, and holo-calls. Yeah, I don't think the writers were really prepared to think through how logical a sudden, random, future city would make sense in the setting. Remember how grounded this show used to be?

I like the new zen Khalil and his dynamic with Painkiller where it's a nuanced battle of the minds where both personalities vie for control of the body and tag off or fight each other off when needed. I'm not as crazy about Painkiller's deep, modulated, voice. Why are they only doing this now? Jordan Calloway did a great job differentiating the normal personalities last season.

Anissa did...really nothing in this episode. Like she and Grace were literally just there to keep the casts connected, because otherwise you could pretty easily take them out. I guess Grace got to go Mileena again, which was good for her.

I only realize now that Anissa's never really liked Khalil that much. And, kind of a random note, how many times has Anissa violated the hippocratic Oath? Then again, so has Lynn.

Well, Khalil has his Khalil Cave under a bar (OG!Arrowcave anyone?), his Painkillermobile, his tech guy, his "person who knows everything going on in the city," and a doctor/medic. Pretty much all you need for a Superhero team.

"I'm used to being completely out there" aside from her two secret identities. Also, Khalil probably trusts these people, but did he have any right to tell his helpers about the Pierce's being Superheroes?

I see they kept the two ladies who actually know how to fight in reserve in case everybody else went down.

I do kind of wonder how Khalil would react to NuJen, because he doesn't seem over her. Is NuJen physically older than he is now? Would Painkiller still respond to the kill order when Jennifer looks completely different?

"She can't stop talking about you!" Are we forgetting how Jen told Anissa to drop it when she brought Khalil up? Or how she hasn't actually mentioned him on her own once this season? Or that she's part of what drove Khalil away?

So Odell has a daughter and is...apparently not in prison? Did he get remanded to time served so he could lounge away in a chair for the remaining time he has left? I guess part of that was to service Bill Duke making a cameo via Zoom Call. His daughter sounds like she wasn't raised in America, so I wonder what's going on with her.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

So apparently a year from now the Arrowverse will have Cyberpunk Wakanda with a bunch of self-driving cars, readily available holograms, holographic AI's, and holo-calls. Yeah, I don't think the writers were really prepared to think through how logical a sudden, random, future city would make sense in the setting. Remember how grounded this show used to be?

I like the new zen Khalil and his dynamic with Painkiller where it's a nuanced battle of the minds where both personalities vie for control of the body and tag off or fight each other off when needed. I'm not as crazy about Painkiller's deep, modulated, voice. Why are they only doing this now? Jordan Calloway did a great job differentiating the normal personalities last season.

Anissa did...really nothing in this episode. Like she and Grace were literally just there to keep the casts connected, because otherwise you could pretty easily take them out. I guess Grace got to go Mileena again, which was good for her.

I only realize now that Anissa's never really liked Khalil that much. And, kind of a random note, how many times has Anissa violated the hippocratic Oath? Then again, so has Lynn.

Well, Khalil has his Khalil Cave under a bar (OG!Arrowcave anyone?), his Painkillermobile, his tech guy, his "person who knows everything going on in the city," and a doctor/medic. Pretty much all you need for a Superhero team.

"I'm used to being completely out there" aside from her two secret identities. Also, Khalil probably trusts these people, but did he have any right to tell his helpers about the Pierce's being Superheroes?

I see they kept the two ladies who actually know how to fight in reserve in case everybody else went down.

I do kind of wonder how Khalil would react to NuJen, because he doesn't seem over her. Is NuJen physically older than he is now? Would Painkiller still respond to the kill order when Jennifer looks completely different?

"She can't stop talking about you!" Are we forgetting how Jen told Anissa to drop it when she brought Khalil up? Or how she hasn't actually mentioned him on her own once this season? Or that she's part of what drove Khalil away?

So Odell has a daughter and is...apparently not in prison? Did he get remanded to time served so he could lounge away in a chair for the remaining time he has left? I guess part of that was to service Bill Duke making a cameo via Zoom Call. His daughter sounds like she wasn't raised in America, so I wonder what's going on with her.
    Those are all interesting and valid questions. I'm especially wondering why Odell isn't locked up after all the crap he was complicit in, but then again, it is fairly true to life that high-rank officials don't end up in prison, regardless of the heinousness or severity of their violations of civil, constitutional, and/or human rights. That said, your quip about "Cyberpunk Wakanda" reminds me of my Black Panther 2099 idea.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Maybe Odell was released to home confinement due to Covid-19

So is this spin-off actually happening, or could this go the way of Green Arrow and the Canaries?

I watched the Painkiller episode, and I realize that I am getting really tired of the whole "hero/superhero needs a team around him/her to operate." I can't think of one CW hero/superhero who doesn't have an entire team to help him or her do stuff.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Maybe Odell was released to home confinement due to Covid-19
    That "zoom call" definitely felt like a COVID thing.
    So is this spin-off actually happening, or could this go the way of Green Arrow and the Canaries?
    I saw someone on reddit question whether they're re-using assets that were planned for that show with the future tech city.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I watched the Painkiller episode, and I realize that I am getting really tired of the whole "hero/superhero needs a team around him/her to operate." I can't think of one CW hero/superhero who doesn't have an entire team to help him or her do stuff.
    Superman doesn't.