Page 104 of 119 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1779
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I was please to hear Whale mention "Metropolis" while talking to the Mayor.

Mighty Member

RIP Jen????

Mighty Member

The actress was planning on leaving this season either way. I hope this wasn't it, though. A bit anticlimatic.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    The actress was planning on leaving this season either way. I hope this wasn't it, though. A bit anticlimatic.
    Yeah I was not expecting her to just blow up.
    Grace any woman that gives you comics as a present is a keeper.
    Gambi's company has a mysterious backer, I'm sure its Tobias, but really want it to be Luthor.
    Rating 3/5.

Yeah, no way that happened. She will now become pure energy, I wager.

Also, Lala being a fool as always and Tobias holding all the cards, what else is new?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    RIP Jen????
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, no way that happened. She will now become pure energy, I wager.

Also, Lala being a fool as always and Tobias holding all the cards, what else is new?
    Yeah, Jennifer becoming pure electrical energy in human(oid) form like her future counterpart in Kingdom Come (also technically introduced to main DC canon in Geoff Johns' post-Infinite Crisis Justice Society of America) would make more sense, but they'd have to find a way to reconstitute her first --- or she could figure out how to reconstitute herself. Besides that, loved the speech that guy gave in the bar about what Black Lightning truly meant for the city and people of Freeland when even Jefferson (Black Lightning himself) had given up on that. That's something I really hope inspires him to get back in the fight, although it seems he might need more of a push than that, especially after he finds out what just happened to Jennifer.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

"Chocolate colored Incredibles." I mean, he's not wrong...any more than Tobias trying to replace his old lieutenants with the new people.

Are Jefferson and Lynn married? Are they divorced? The show can never seem to keep it straight, although I feel like Tobias just likes to say they're divorced because he's obsessed with Lynn.

Never thought I'd see Gambi defend Lynn, but I guess he knows about keeping secrets.

I see Anissa didn't quite get the memo about how a married couples' pad is a shared space, but I guess in her defense she's been living without Grace for a long while up until this point. But a rare comic should be enough to fix any relationship problem .

Didn't this mayor start out hating Tobias' guts and holding his own against him? Now he's practically kissing Tobias' feet. It's a real 180, although not enough to excuse Tobias from killing him.

I thought the cage fighting was just to help Jeff's buddy, but now it's become his way of letting out his grief and unhappiness. But anyone can tell how unhealthy that is long before your family catches you.

Gambi really mixing business with pleasure there. Go Gambi .

I thought this detective disliked Metas and Black Lightning and only talked to him because Henderson wanted him to, but it turns out Black Lightning set him straight back when he was a kid. And that inspired Jefferson to finally try to move on from his grief and possibly become Black Lightning again.

I was honestly worried Lynn wouldn't apologize for keeping the Tobias meeting from Jefferson, and Jeff would just be the one apologizing, but thankfully they both mutually apologized and now might have an "in" with Tobias because of his obsession with Lynn.

So Grace is apparently Mileena from Mortal Kombat now.

There's no way that police captain could've moved faster than Blackbird did in getting the mayor out of the way. And she wasn't the one firing the bullets, and it was Tobias' new telekinetic pal that actually killed the mayor. She's just looking for a reason to hate Metas. And does she also not realize how shady Tobias Whale is?

Tobias is totally the one behind that tesla device, right? I wonder what he's planning to do with it...

I really hope that's not the last time Jenn appears this season, because that was a really anti-climactic way of writing her out. Like, suddenly she just dissipates and her family has to deal with that? Right when Jefferson was on the verge of finally getting out of his funk and repairing their relationship? And she went out because she was a dumb teenager who wouldn't listen to reason to the very end? She deserves better. Although I assume she's just a being of pure energy now rather than just being gone.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's no way that police captain could've moved faster than Blackbird did in getting the mayor out of the way. And she wasn't the one firing the bullets, and it was Tobias' new telekinetic pal that actually killed the mayor. She's just looking for a reason to hate Metas. And does she also not realize how shady Tobias Whale is?
    I'm going to give the captain the benefit of the doubt for now. The scene at the station made me believe she went through with it for the Mayor's sake.

Pinning the death of the mayor on the metas when he was clearly shot is incredibility stupid on her end. The bigotry is strong in her.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm going to give the captain the benefit of the doubt for now. The scene at the station made me believe she went through with it for the Mayor's sake.

Pinning the death of the mayor on the metas when he was clearly shot is incredibility stupid on her end. The bigotry is strong in her.
    I think she blames them in the same way cops blame costumed vigilantes in general superhero media for any deaths in their vicinity, "If it wasn't for you showboating vigilantes getting in the way of real police, we could've stopped that bad guy from killing those people!"

There's no way they'd end this series with Jen dead, and I hope she does have a future aside from just being Lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think she blames them in the same way cops blame costumed vigilantes in general superhero media for any deaths in their vicinity, "If it wasn't for you showboating vigilantes getting in the way of real police, we could've stopped that bad guy from killing those people!"
    Grace and Anissa were kind of showboating. Their tactic seemed to be more direct the fire towards them than actually trying to cover the mayor.

I think it was already confirmed that both Anissa and Jen would appear on the possible Painkiller spin-off, so yeah, it's a clear fake-out.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    There's no way they'd end this series with Jen dead, and I hope she does have a future aside from just being Lightning.

Grace and Anissa were kind of showboating. Their tactic seemed to be more direct the fire towards them than actually trying to cover the mayor.
    To be slightly fair, they probably thought the police could cover the mayor and were trying to direct Lala's gang's fire toward themselves so the civilians, including the mayor, would be less likely to get hit. Shame it didn't work out that way, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I think it was already confirmed that both Anissa and Jen would appear on the possible Painkiller spin-off, so yeah, it's a clear fake-out.
    Fair point.

Mighty Member

Jen got a make over.

It is going to be a pretty legit downer when this show is over and done.

It really gets the little stuff right.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Jen got a make over.
    Jen pulls an Aunt Viv, lol
    Black lightning's back.
    The Kobra cartel, is playing dirty.
    Fatman trying to run and then cant breath.
    Rating 4/5