Page 103 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1598
  1. #1531
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,176

    Default

    That therapist is doing an amazing job of helping Jefferson and Lynn despite how much they're dancing around the actual context for their problems. Lynn obsessing over "fitting in" explains so much. And now she's gotten to the point where she's basically trying to force Jefferson to be Black Lightning again.

    Lynn mentions her family being in the military and specifically mentions her brother John. Obviously that's supposed to be John Stewart, but in the context of the Arrowverse, was she talking about Diggle?

    I'm glad Grace finally woke up. Was her coma just her body undergoing a severe cooldown period for her healing factor to fix everything?

    Jennifer is still Jennifer. She's still impetuous, not worrying about training or the possible consequences of her actions, and of course she has a social media account now. Absorbing all that energy seems like it's finally becoming too much for her body to handle. Will they write her out by turning her into a complete energy being or will she go on a walkabout to learn how to control her powers?

    I wonder if part of TC's hesitance to help Jennifer was because he knew what ended up happening to that guy he helped Jefferson find? Also, I must've completely misread TC's actual age because I thought he was older than high school age, but he's now going to Garfield. I guess he's probably 18 like Jen?

    Man, poor season 1-2 suit. Used as a testing doll for that anti-Meta gun. That's stun-setting can apparently punch a hole through someone, which kind of defeats the point of a "stun" setting.

    Marcel - Teacher by day, cage fighter by night. Although if Jefferson could have just given him his childhood home earlier, maybe Marcel wouldn't have lost his kids to begin with...

    I kind of forgot they never finished Anissa and Grace's wedding when Gravedigger and Markovia attacked. Shame they couldn't have the rest of the family there, but at least they're finally lawfully-wedded wives. And I guess Anissa's doctor friend exists to help marry them?

    I'm glad Jeff got to have a win as Jefferson Pierce, I can see why that would make him happy, but I feel like taking away Black Lightning isn't the real solution to all this. Gambi seems to know it too.

    Lynn looked absolutely amazing in that dress. Shame Tobias got to be the one to see it first .

    I guess when it comes to his sister Tobias can be completely genuine. Well, that and his crush on Lynn and desire to screw with Jefferson.

    Jefferson seeing Tobias and Lynn's "date" felt like it was straight out of a normal CW show .

  2. #1532
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That therapist is doing an amazing job of helping Jefferson and Lynn despite how much they're dancing around the actual context for their problems. Lynn obsessing over "fitting in" explains so much. And now she's gotten to the point where she's basically trying to force Jefferson to be Black Lightning again.

    Lynn mentions her family being in the military and specifically mentions her brother John. Obviously that's supposed to be John Stewart, but in the context of the Arrowverse, was she talking about Diggle?

    I'm glad Grace finally woke up. Was her coma just her body undergoing a severe cooldown period for her healing factor to fix everything?

    Jennifer is still Jennifer. She's still impetuous, not worrying about training or the possible consequences of her actions, and of course she has a social media account now. Absorbing all that energy seems like it's finally becoming too much for her body to handle. Will they write her out by turning her into a complete energy being or will she go on a walkabout to learn how to control her powers?

    I wonder if part of TC's hesitance to help Jennifer was because he knew what ended up happening to that guy he helped Jefferson find? Also, I must've completely misread TC's actual age because I thought he was older than high school age, but he's now going to Garfield. I guess he's probably 18 like Jen?

    Man, poor season 1-2 suit. Used as a testing doll for that anti-Meta gun. That's stun-setting can apparently punch a hole through someone, which kind of defeats the point of a "stun" setting.

    Marcel - Teacher by day, cage fighter by night. Although if Jefferson could have just given him his childhood home earlier, maybe Marcel wouldn't have lost his kids to begin with...

    I kind of forgot they never finished Anissa and Grace's wedding when Gravedigger and Markovia attacked. Shame they couldn't have the rest of the family there, but at least they're finally lawfully-wedded wives. And I guess Anissa's doctor friend exists to help marry them?

    I'm glad Jeff got to have a win as Jefferson Pierce, I can see why that would make him happy, but I feel like taking away Black Lightning isn't the real solution to all this. Gambi seems to know it too.

    Lynn looked absolutely amazing in that dress. Shame Tobias got to be the one to see it first .

    I guess when it comes to his sister Tobias can be completely genuine. Well, that and his crush on Lynn and desire to screw with Jefferson.

    Jefferson seeing Tobias and Lynn's "date" felt like it was straight out of a normal CW show .
    Generally concur with those points, though still waiting with bated breath for "Black Lightning's back!" I'm guessing it's gonna have to be something really big and bad and messed up to get his head on right and back in the hero business, given where he's at right now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  3. #1533
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lynn looked absolutely amazing in that dress. Shame Tobias got to be the one to see it first .
    I'm just glad we got to see her with it on.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  4. #1534
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm just glad we got to see her with it on.
    Lynn is...stunning. Definitely agree, love when she gets to show that off.

  5. #1535
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    Do you think it might even be a possibility that the Series ends with Jefferson himself dying?

  6. #1536
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,408

    Default

    I wonder what happened to the season 3 regulars. Glad to see TC stuck around but what happened to the others? Where's the Geoforce kid that Jennifer got chummy with? He leave Freeland after Dr. Jace died? I'm curious about the state of the ASA

  7. #1537
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Do you think it might even be a possibility that the Series ends with Jefferson himself dying?
    That would suck, to put it bluntly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder what happened to the season 3 regulars. Glad to see TC stuck around but what happened to the others? Where's the Geoforce kid that Jennifer got chummy with? He leave Freeland after Dr. Jace died? I'm curious about the state of the ASA
    The ASA, as far as I know, got disbanded or dissolved after the public found out about all the human rights violations it had committed over the years/decades in creating metahuman soldiers. Good riddance.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #1538
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Do you think it might even be a possibility that the Series ends with Jefferson himself dying?
    God I hope not. I want him to have a happy ending.

  9. #1539
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    I love Jennifer calling out Anissa for doing property damage with her heroic landings. That was pretty cool that she is going the "control the narrative" route so she'd stop being called "Lethal Lightning".

    I can certainly understand Lynn's motivations, but it feels like this isn't going to end well for her. Although maybe she will be the one to counteract Tobias' newfound defenses. Guy is so powerful now, Jeff can't even fry his clothes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Do you think it might even be a possibility that the Series ends with Jefferson himself dying?
    Probably not, although he might lose his powers. I'm wondering if there's a chance we will see the Pierce family make a positive change in Freeland? And one that is hopefully but still realistic. It'll take more than just shutting down Whale for that.

  10. #1540
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder what happened to the season 3 regulars. Glad to see TC stuck around but what happened to the others? Where's the Geoforce kid that Jennifer got chummy with? He leave Freeland after Dr. Jace died? I'm curious about the state of the ASA
    Well, most of his character was dedicated around getting revenge on Dr. Jace, so with her dead and the ASA defeated, he really didn't have much of a reason to stick around.

    Grayle was probably re-assigned.

  11. #1541
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    Overlooked this one, but apparently the Painkiller spin-off is taking form, 3 actors added to the roster

    https://deadline.com/2021/02/painkil...ch-1234694682/

  12. #1542
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Overlooked this one, but apparently the Painkiller spin-off is taking form, 3 actors added to the roster

    https://deadline.com/2021/02/painkil...ch-1234694682/
    I just don't understand why this is a thing.
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 02-25-2021 at 03:15 PM.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/TaurianFilms

  13. #1543
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I just don't understand why this is a thing.
    The Akil's still want a show on the CW?

  14. #1544
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Overlooked this one, but apparently the Painkiller spin-off is taking form, 3 actors added to the roster

    https://deadline.com/2021/02/painkil...ch-1234694682/
    I'd rather just have them renew Black Lightning. Was never a big fan of Painkiller...

  15. #1545
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder what happened to the season 3 regulars. Glad to see TC stuck around but what happened to the others? Where's the Geoforce kid that Jennifer got chummy with? He leave Freeland after Dr. Jace died? I'm curious about the state of the ASA
    I remember reading before this week's episode that TC and Geo-Force would return. We already got the former, so I guess we're waiting on the latter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •