Page 83 of 119 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1779

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Anissa's fight with Khalil was cool, but I'm definitely going to enjoy him encountering Jennifer more. Grace's shape shifting powers come through in a pinch! Anissa doesn't want Odell targeting her.
    I wonder if Jennifer would be able to recognize him.
    So...what does Tobias know, or think he knows, about the Pierce family and the identity of Freeland's supers?
    He didn't spell it out exactly, like Jefferson being Black Lightning, but saying he'd leave the girls alone after killing Black Lightning pretty well implies he knows who they all are.
    I was relieved to see Henderson was creating a resistance and not arresting people. Two-Bits has priors, if he gets arrested for real, things will not go well for him!
    A part of me wonders whether Henderson needed to to the extent of fake arresting Two-Bits and the reverend, but maybe he was getting some slight payback as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He didn't spell it out exactly, like Jefferson being Black Lightning, but saying he'd leave the girls alone after killing Black Lightning pretty well implies he knows who they all are.
    Maybe I was having trouble reading between the lines, but it seemed like he was implying that Lynn was the electric girl who attacked him and not Jennifer. I mean, Henderson briefly thought Lynn was Thunder, so it wouldn't be that illogical a conclusion to jump to.

Maybe I was having trouble reading between the lines, but it seemed like he was implying that Lynn was the electric girl who attacked him and not Jennifer. I mean, Henderson briefly thought Lynn was Thunder, so it wouldn't be that illogical a conclusion to jump to.
    I think he assumed she was part of a Superhero family, so he joked about her having a supersuit.

I think he realized it was one of their girls that did it to him.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Only twenty-some minutes before the new episode starts tonight. Who else is excited?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Lynn really should've told Jefferson about Tobias.

Amazing Member

I am fed up with Lynn.
    Anissa dying all episode long and not once did she go see her or ask about her.
    When was the last time she even saw Jennifer?
    No she'd rather be all holier than thou, pop greenlight pills and get all greasy with Tobias.
    Ugh.

So is ***** really dead? Are we going to get someone even worse to take the place of *****? I was sure ***** was going to be around all season. I was like "wait...what?"

Honestly, this series has already reversed three deaths, so I'm almost certain spoilers:
    Odell's
    end of spoilers is a fake out. It was unusual for him to even be at a place where a gunfight would break out in the first place.

So was that Anissa recording from before she convulsed and Gambi administered the serum or afterwards? I thought it was interesting that she got the most emotional when talking to Jen.

I think Lynn makes an interesting point about how Black Lightning might be less of a force for justice and good and more just a way for Jefferson to vent his anger and pain. Then again, that's worked out so well for Batman...

Tobias hit Lynn where it hurt. Her family. Although what does he want with knowledge of the other Metahumans locked up in there? Is he planning an uprising and wants them as his Metahuman army? I could totally see him doing that.

Nice Michelle Obama plug.

So Brandon wants to get revenge on Dr. Jace? I'm not sure if I believe him, but does this mean he and Jenn might team-up? And he's an Earthbender, so is that how he can absorb lightning? He also might be the richest kid in Freeland.

I hope this isn't the last we see of black Nightcrawler.

Yeah...I really doubt Odell died there, because that would be super anti-climactic. Not that he deserves much better .

I love how Jace's "Black Lightning senses" started tingling the moment she heard his name .

Welp, Gambi finally figured out Khalil/Painkiller is still alive. I wonder who he'll tell first?

So Lynn totally left more out of guilt then actual anger at Jefferson right? Although poor Jeff .

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Lyn, for someone who suppose to be the smartest in the room gets played easily.

Now I'm reading speculation that Brandon might actually be the show's version of Geo-Force...?

I think Lynn makes an interesting point about how Black Lightning might be less of a force for justice and good and more just a way for Jefferson to vent his anger and pain. Then again, that's worked out so well for Batman...
    The pilot episode had Jefferson himself say that he became Black Lightning to take revenge on Tobias for killing his father. Lynn wasn’t saying anything that Jefferson himself doesn’t believe, at least on some level.

Tobias hit Lynn where it hurt. Her family. Although what does he want with knowledge of the other Metahumans locked up in there? Is he planning an uprising and wants them as his Metahuman army? I could totally see him doing that.
    That’s pretty much what he wanted the Masters of Disaster for last season so I think you’re right.

Nice Michelle Obama plug.
    It doesn’t surprise me that Tobias might be a fan of Mitchell Obama. I’ve said before it isn’t black people in general Tobias hates, but black men. When you look at the most monstrous things Tobias has done in this show it’s been black men that are the victims:

• He killed Jefferson’s father by literally shoving his own newspaper articles down his throat.

• The first time he and Lala are together on screen, Tobias shoots him through the shoulder with a harpoon gun.

• He later strangles Lala to death and then resurrects him all the while belittling him.

• He paralyzed Khalil, manipulated him into thinking it was Black Lightning’s fault and then ripped out Khalil’s spine implant after the boy turned on him.

• He broke his abusive father’s spine and left him to die a slow and painful death.

Compare this with how he treats black women. Yes he killed Lady Eve and Kara but the former was a business rival and the latter was an ASA agent who had killed Syonide. He never harmed Khalil’s mother and openly expressed respect for her courage. And recently we have him promising not to harm Lynn and the girls after he’s killed Jeff.
    Now Mitchell’s husband on the other hand…

Yeah, I'm not buying Odell dying so soon.

Also, I guess we can chalk it up to addiction, but Lynn is seriously annoying me.

Why was the entire Pierce family except for Jennifer at Tayvon's funeral? She was closest to him.

Lynn has some good points about Jefferson's behavior, but she hasn't been thinking clearly. The less time she spends with her family, the worse it's going to get for her.

Anissa is stubborn, that's for sure.

Now I'm reading speculation that Brandon might actually be the show's version of Geo-Force...?
    That would be interesting. I like the realism of this show, though, and him being able to wave his hand and create a diamond to pay for Jennifer's college education...ehhh...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It doesn’t surprise me that Tobias might be a fan of Mitchell Obama. I’ve said before it isn’t black people in general Tobias hates, but black men. When you look at the most monstrous things Tobias has done in this show it’s been black men that are the victims.
    Don't forget how he had that nerdy kid help him out while wining and dining him and paying him huge sums of money only to blow him up when Tobias didn't need him any more.

Don't forget how he had that nerdy kid help him out while wining and dining him and paying him huge sums of money only to blow him up when Tobias didn't need him any more.
    Killing him was actually Cutter's idea but Tobias didn't seem to bummed about it and even congratulated her for it.