Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1766
  1. #1666
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    3,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering that this is the final season and we're heading into the series finale . . . I would certainly expect them to finally deal with Tobias Whale once and for all.
    But then who would they use for a villain on Painkiller?

  2. #1667
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    675

    Default

    I actually think it was a pretty strong episode. It's nice to see the Pierces actually getting along (somewhat) and actually gaining some advantage. Even the death of Jennifer's love interest didn't feel as dramatic as it was, which is probably my only complaint. Khalil's fight scenes keep getting better and his mind fight scene against Looker was satisfying. I also laughed at Tobias keeping Lala around as decoration.

    Looking forward to Khalil vs. Ishmael next episode.

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What will be the point of Gravedigger popping up now? Might as well save it for Painkiller.
    Gravedigger has deep-rooted history with the Pierces due to his background, while having little to do with Khalil. Tobias does make some sense as a nemesis since he did create Painkiller, but he also is as much of a personal enemy to the Pierces. I could see Gravedigger as the main villain in an Outsiders series (whatever happened to them?), but that's not something that exists.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    But then who would they use for a villain on Painkiller?
    The pilot already set up Odell and his daughter as the main villains, assuming it gets picked up.

  3. #1668
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,256

    Default

    Now Chief Lopez, who is anti-Meta, is going to turn her police force into (temporary) Meta's to take down Lightning on the word of a corrupt politician. Yeah, she needs to go .

    Well, whatever happens to Tobias, at least he can say he went out as Freeland's mayor.

    Hassan took learning Jefferson's identity as well as Henderson did, though he recovered quicker, I guess because the circumstances were that desperate.

    Poor Agent Mason getting Get Out-ed. And then talking in the voice of a Southern Belle. Weird, man.

    So we can't fit in Lady Eve, but we can have an appearance from Looker and her band of racist rednecks, although it did lead to a cool Painkiller sequence as Khalil and Painkiller teamed-up in their mindscape to fend her off .

    At least Jennifer acknowledges she's stupid. TC is too good for her.

    Tobias sure likes killing Jennifer's love interests, doesn't he? That makes two. Poor kid didn't deserve that...

    The saga of whether Jefferson and Lynn are married continues. Lynn seemed like she really wanted to change the subject when it came to them getting re-married, which Jeff has been wanting since the first episode of season 1.

    I'm glad Gambi is slowly regaining Lauren's trust. She was still cold to him initially, but she seemed to warm up to him by the end. Maybe there's some more love in Gambi's future ?

  4. #1669
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,363

    Default

    Jennifer just can't have nice things.

    I feel bad for thinking the Khalil fight scenes are the best part of these last few episodes, but clearly they have put a lot of work into them. Looker's guards were weird. At least Jefferson willingly gave up his secret rather than have Shakur discover it on his own.

  5. #1670
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,731

    Default

    I can see agent Mason being the one to clean up after Tobias after it's all said and done. He got a favor to repay.

  6. #1671
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I feel bad for thinking the Khalil fight scenes are the best part of these last few episodes, but clearly they have put a lot of work into them. Looker's guards were weird. At least Jefferson willingly gave up his secret rather than have Shakur discover it on his own.
    I feel the opposite - Khalil's fights have been so perfunctory and lack any tension because there's no drama to those encounters. His scene with Looker was somewhat more interesting because she has powers, but there still wasn't much to it. And of course they're giving us the Painkiller v. Ishmael fight they've been building towards. Hopefully that will be fun at least.

  7. #1672
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now Chief Lopez, who is anti-Meta, is going to turn her police force into (temporary) Meta's to take down Lightning on the word of a corrupt politician. Yeah, she needs to go .

    Well, whatever happens to Tobias, at least he can say he went out as Freeland's mayor.

    Hassan took learning Jefferson's identity as well as Henderson did, though he recovered quicker, I guess because the circumstances were that desperate.

    Poor Agent Mason getting Get Out-ed. And then talking in the voice of a Southern Belle. Weird, man.

    So we can't fit in Lady Eve, but we can have an appearance from Looker and her band of racist rednecks, although it did lead to a cool Painkiller sequence as Khalil and Painkiller teamed-up in their mindscape to fend her off .

    At least Jennifer acknowledges she's stupid. TC is too good for her.

    Tobias sure likes killing Jennifer's love interests, doesn't he? That makes two. Poor kid didn't deserve that...

    The saga of whether Jefferson and Lynn are married continues. Lynn seemed like she really wanted to change the subject when it came to them getting re-married, which Jeff has been wanting since the first episode of season 1.

    I'm glad Gambi is slowly regaining Lauren's trust. She was still cold to him initially, but she seemed to warm up to him by the end. Maybe there's some more love in Gambi's future ?
    So while she professes her hatred of metahumans, it's really more the idea of that kind of uncontrolled, unregulated power outside the "right hands," i.e. her own and those she trusts (or thinks she can trust, in the case of Tobias Whale). Basic authoritarian mindset that "it's those other people who can't be trusted with power, unlike my [self-]righteous @$$." You're right, she needs to go.

    That said, while I remember that song playing in the background as Khalil and Painkiller tag-teamed Looker in their mindscape . . . I don't quite remember who did the song. Anyone else recognize it?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #1673
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post


    Gravedigger has deep-rooted history with the Pierces due to his background, while having little to do with Khalil. Tobias does make some sense as a nemesis since he did create Painkiller, but he also is as much of a personal enemy to the Pierces. I could see Gravedigger as the main villain in an Outsiders series (whatever happened to them?), but that's not something that exists.
    He doesn't have to menace Khalil. If they really wanted they can have the Pierces in a sub plot and have their story resolved there. These shows usually have multiple stories running anyway.

  9. #1674
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That said, while I remember that song playing in the background as Khalil and Painkiller tag-teamed Looker in their mindscape . . . I don't quite remember who did the song. Anyone else recognize it?
    Recently passed Black Rob -"Whoa".

  10. #1675
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Recently passed Black Rob -"Whoa".
    Thanks. R.I.P. Black Rob, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  11. #1676
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Tobias must be stopped.

  12. #1677
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,121

    Default

    Well, interesting setup for the final episode...

  13. #1678
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,731

    Default

    It would be interesting to see where this goes if Jefferson actually is dead. It would suck if he did. He's the type of character I would love to see be a granddad one day.

    Khalil once again has the best action scene this episode. Another hip hop classic for the scene too. His fight scenes easily the best thing in these episodes.

  14. #1679
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,409

    Default

    Let's just hope that Painkiller gets picked up. While this Season sucked for the most part, it will be sad to say goodbye to the cast.

    And yeah, obvious fake out at the end.

  15. #1680
    Mighty Member Shadowras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Let's just hope that Painkiller gets picked up. While this Season sucked for the most part, it will be sad to say goodbye to the cast.

    And yeah, obvious fake out at the end.
    Yeah i will miss this cast, we need an outsiders show lead by Anissa and Grace.
    Whatever happened to that Markovian boy with the curly hair, did he went back home?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •