Page 1 of 119 123451151101 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Black Lightning on the CW

Jefferson Pierce is a man wrestling with a secret. Nine years ago, Pierce was gifted with the superhuman power to harness and control electricity, which he used to keep his hometown streets safe as the masked vigilante Black Lightning. However, after too many nights with his life and his family on the line, he left his Super Hero days behind. Almost a decade later, Pierce’s crime-fighting days are long behind him…or so he thought. But with crime and corruption spreading like wildfire, Black Lightning returns — to save not only his family, but also the soul of his community.

Confirmed to not be a part of the Arrowverse with crossovers unlikely, although I have no idea why.
    http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/18/cw-super...ends-tomorrow/

Also, what's with them reusing sets? Pierce's little "workshop" is the same set as Barry Allen's CSI lab in the Flash. Come on now.
    Last edited by Elmo; 01-18-2018 at 04:28 PM.

I don't even know how they could reuse that set since aren't they filming in two completely different locations? Maybe it's a pilot thing...

I like how we see a more classic Black Lightning suit in the flashback, when Jefferson was younger, versus the more bulky and armored version that's the main suit.

BANNED

Armor is ugly

Kinda glad it's not in arrowverse, though it is weird
    Feel like it'll be a darker series, maybe a bit more grounded. Basically a darker Arrow with powers

Wtf is the point of it not being in the flarrow verse. I like the armor but not setting it in the flarro verse. It gives fans of that universe no reason to watch. Also calling the gang the 100 was dumb considering you have a show on the same network with that name.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't see why it can't be in the Arrowverse. It can simply be far removed from the other shows.

One (very minor) issue is the actor already played a part on Flash; Iris's second boss at the paper and (for half a second) a potential love interest. Easy to overlook.

Whether there's crossover or not, not having it in the same Multiverse seems a mistake. But one they don't have to act on or establish in any sort of rush. It could easily be on one of the other earths and when the time is right, crossover. If Constantine can make the jump, I don't see why this couldn't.

Looks great btw. I look forward to it. I need a more grounded show to replace Arrow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Wtf is the point of it not being in the flarrow verse. I like the armor but not setting it in the flarro verse. It gives fans of that universe no reason to watch. Also calling the gang the 100 was dumb considering you have a show on the same network with that name.
    Well that's what it's called in the comics, so....
    And the show is the "hundred", not the "one hundred"

Spectacular Member

Im all in

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    The gang was called The 100 in the original comics.

The leader was a kingpin clone named Tobias Whale.

Imagine Kingpin as an albino.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    One (very minor) issue is the actor already played a part on Flash; Iris's second boss at the paper and (for half a second) a potential love interest. Easy to overlook.

Whether there's crossover or not, not having it in the same Multiverse seems a mistake. But one they don't have to act on or establish in any sort of rush. It could easily be on one of the other earths and when the time is right, crossover. If Constantine can make the jump, I don't see why this couldn't.

Looks great btw. I look forward to it. I need a more grounded show to replace Arrow.
    The character you're thinking of had a completely different, actor as I recall, so I don't think that would be an issue .

Supergirl also wasn't planned to be a part of the Arrowverse but was eventually added, so I think that could eventually be the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The character you're thinking of had a completely different, actor as I recall, so I don't think that would be an issue .

Supergirl also wasn't planned to be a part of the Arrowverse but was eventually added, so I think that could eventually be the case here.
    Supergirl wasn't planned to be a part because they were filming in different locations and were on different networks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post

The actor Cress Williams was not on the flash show.Iris second boss on the show was another actor.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-18-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Something kind of corny about this trailer, I think it was mainly the lame looking gang leader and the Luke Cage vibes I was getting. Only watched it once, I should watch it again.

Also didn't they say the same about SuperGirl not being in the same universe? Yet, they couldn't help but find some way to have crossovers. I stopped caring about this in regarding the Arrowverse personally, a long time ago.
    Last edited by Sain; 05-18-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The gang was called The 100 in the original comics.

The leader was a kingpin clone named Tobias Whale.

Imagine Kingpin as an albino.
    I wonder how they're going to portray tobias whale on the show.

Wow. Totally right. My bad. The first few 2017 shots of him with hair look uncannily like the other actor I mentioned sans goatee.