Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default potential catwoman tv series in the batman universe what do you think about this

Matt reeves recently said in an interview that he wouldn't be against continuing selina kyles story in some shape or form personally just like gcpd and the penguin i think it would be a great addition to the hbo max lineup and i think i would enjoy it as a series depending on what they would have in mind for it but what do you think about it would you watch a catwoman series

Ultimate Member

Well usually whenever there's a show set in the Batman universe it always starts the same, Batman has either run away somewhere or is dead...so boring and predictable start...

Quote Originally Posted by Batfleck89 View Post
    Matt reeves recently said in an interview that he wouldn't be against continuing selina kyles story in some shape or form personally just like gcpd and the penguin i think it would be a great addition to the hbo max lineup and i think i would enjoy it as a series depending on what they would have in mind for it but what do you think about it would you watch a catwoman series
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catwoman:_When_in_Rome

You could do a series set out of Gotham
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-20-2022 at 02:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member

She’s actually had several adventures outside of Gotham or without Batman’s interference - and if the movie ends with her and Bruce in a kind of mutually declared truce since they can’t be allies but would make ineffectual enemies given their… complicated relationship.

She could be out fo the country, or there could be a recurring joke about how she seems to have free reign form Batman’s pursuit.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well usually whenever there's a show set in the Batman universe it always starts the same, Batman has either run away somewhere or is dead...so boring and predictable start...
    Boom, there it is.

They love to push "BATMAN related" content . Batwoman has "BAT in the title & look its a ratings powerhouse, right? Batgirl will 100% match that roaring success, I'm sure.

Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Boom, there it is.

They love to push "BATMAN related" content . Batwoman has "BAT in the title & look its a ratings powerhouse, right? Batgirl will 100% match that roaring success, I'm sure.

Can't wait.
    You feel the same about Gotham PD, Penguin and Pennyworth, correct?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Well those don't star women, so...

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

How many Batman-eqse TV projects is that now? Weren't they also talking about a Black Canary series spinning out of the Batgirl movie as well?

I'd be okay with it, could be cool, but it largely kind of depends on Zoe's portrayal of the character and acting ability, which I guess we'll see soon enough. That said we're already getting 2 spin off of The Batman, and I'd rather not have it become a huge cinematic and streaming universe in its own right. A solo Catwoman movie set in its own world ala Joker has more interest for me personally.

I really need to catch up on the second season of Pennyworth, loved the first season. Know you weren't asking me, just wanted to say that was pretty good. Batwoman though has been atrocious, and I'm worried about Gotham Knights if it's the same showrunners running that show. Shame too, really feel like the character has enough to draw from for at least one really good season. I do get the complaint about "Batman series without Batman" and wanting a genuine Batman show, like the recent Superman & Lois, but I'd rather keep getting Batman films over a show personally, so these Batman-less spin offs are fine by me. It was flawed as hell, but Gotham was enjoyable, least the first couple seasons I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    How many Batman-eqse TV projects is that now? Weren't they also talking about a Black Canary series spinning out of the Batgirl movie as well?
    Yes and no. Technically Black Canary is spinning off of the Birds of Prey movie, but will be connected to/deal with the Batgirl movie after as well to eventually bring Babs into the BOP team (not official but come on, we all know that's what they're doing). I just pray they don't cripple Barbara along the way so she can be Oracle in time for the BOP soft-reboot-and/or-sequel film.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I really need to catch up on the second season of Pennyworth, loved the first season. Know you weren't asking me, just wanted to say that was pretty good. Batwoman though has been atrocious, and I'm worried about Gotham Knights if it's the same showrunners running that show. Shame too, really feel like the character has enough to draw from for at least one really good season. I do get the complaint about "Batman series without Batman" and wanting a genuine Batman show, like the recent Superman & Lois, but I'd rather keep getting Batman films over a show personally, so these Batman-less spin offs are fine by me. It was flawed as hell, but Gotham was enjoyable, least the first couple seasons I saw.
    We're never going to see a full on Batman show that isn't an animated series. As long as the Batman movies make money, WB will keep him there. You may see a cameo from him in someone else's show (although I doubt even that), but never an actual live-action Batman show. The only reason Superman gets them is because his box office record is so spotty.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

We're never going to see a full on Batman show that isn't an animated series. As long as the Batman movies make money, WB will keep him there. You may see a cameo from him in someone else's show (although I doubt even that), but never an actual live-action Batman show. The only reason Superman gets them is because his box office record is so spotty.
    Exactly this (although we have seen him appear in that Titans show, which I'm still pretty stunned by, quite frankly. How/why WB okayed his, I'll never know).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Exactly this (although we have seen him appear in that Titans show, which I'm still pretty stunned by, quite frankly. How/why WB okayed his, I'll never know).
    Because that was more Bruce than Batman. Easier to dismiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Batfleck89 View Post
    I think it comes down to how good it is and who they get to play Catwoman.
    Power with Girl is better.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Because that was more Bruce than Batman. Easier to dismiss.
    Also the fact he never fully appears on screen as Batman. We only see his back.