Page 58 of 119 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Maybe. Would that explain why he suddenly came back to life though?

I am half-expecting Static Shock to appear, with the "Green Light Babies" (Bang Babies), electric based powers, and a show centered around black heroes.

I also wouldn't say no to a cameo by John Stewart.
    Don't hold your breath. DC doesn't own the Milestone characters so they'd have to pay to use him. His name is just Static, btw.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Retired

Doesn't DC have an arrangement with Milestone Media and aren't they bringing back the Milestone universe with a series of comics? I'm sure that DC already pays lots of people for the use of characters on the TV shows, the streaming service and in the movies--so they would have no problem paying Milestone for the rights to the characters. But I think it would be better to give them their own show--either on the CW or on the streaming service. Still, using BLACK LIGHTNING as the platform for a backdoor pilot would be a good way to set them up--and the producers of BL would be well-qualified to develop a Milestone series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Doesn't DC have an arrangement with Milestone Media and aren't they bringing back the Milestone universe with a series of comics?
    Not going to pretend like I know all the details, but there are some behind the scenes issues happening at Milestone. Litigation involving McDuffie's widow and other involved parties. I've no doubt these issues have been at least part of the reason for the constant delays on the comic book releases. It's a safe bet that other uses of the characters (live action interpretations, for example) are part of this.

I'm sure that DC already pays lots of people for the use of characters on the TV shows, the streaming service and in the movies--so they would have no problem paying Milestone for the rights to the characters. But I think it would be better to give them their own show--either on the CW or on the streaming service. Still, using BLACK LIGHTNING as the platform for a backdoor pilot would be a good way to set them up--and the producers of BL would be well-qualified to develop a Milestone series.
    DC owns the characters they have tv shows, movies, and streaming shows about. Saying they'd have no problem paying Milestone is nice positive fan speculation, but not much else.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

smh @ me for not watching this show (Marvel Zombie). I binged the whole first season this weekend. The best CW DC show I'm

I saw a super hero last night and he was black. Black Lighting is back!!
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

i hope that new villains can be created on the show that can eventually show up in the comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i hope that new villains can be created on the show that can eventually show up in the comics.
    Ideally. Black Lightning's comic didn't last long, and the Outsiders villains ain't that great.

Mighty Member

Tonight's episode had great scenes. My favorite was Anissa and her new girlfriend in their bikinis.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Don't hold your breath. DC doesn't own the Milestone characters so they'd have to pay to use him. His name is just Static, btw.
    Well, Static is set for Young Justice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, Static is set for Young Justice.
    And that was started during the same time Young Justice had a comic that edited out Icon from its cover one issue. Milestone and DC are super friendly with one another but there's plenty of red tape we don't know about regarding character usage, even more so now. I can only imagine how bigger that is for outright character usage in a TV show.

Astonishing Member

That being said this episode was another interesting one. Glad the ASA is technically willing to let the kids go back to their families, ulterior motives notwithstanding.

Grace returned! Happy dance! Man at least they're not forgetting just how bad Anissa is at relationships. Didn't think they'd touch on it again after Anissa's first breakup but here we are.

Weird Okay. So metas from green light are inherently unstable? That's an odd wrinkle. Wonder if that means a weekly escape by metas as a focus.

Tobias is...doing something here. Obviously he'd find metas useful but considering we know any metas he'd find would inherently die after a few months (the lucky ones) his plans 'll have to adapt if he thinks he can rein in a meta army.

Have to say I liked that every family member got a bit here in the episode. Surprised to hear Khalil actually cares about Jennifer seemingly. Actually kind of feel bad for him.

Incredible Member

this show has a criminally low rating on imdb, it seems to be getting better as time goes on. When I saw Robert Townsend last week it was a nostalgia trip, Mr Meteor Man himself. He and that other older black actors whose name I can't recall but has been around the block add a lot of presence whenever they are on screen. Especially the older guy.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    this show has a criminally low rating on imdb,
    Man, that rating is just too ridiculous. Indefensible, also.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ideally. Black Lightning's comic didn't last long, and the Outsiders villains ain't that great.
    Then again, adaptations have made great villains out of characters that weren't so great in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    this show has a criminally low rating on imdb, it seems to be getting better as time goes on. When I saw Robert Townsend last week it was a nostalgia trip, Mr Meteor Man himself. He and that other older black actors whose name I can't recall but has been around the block add a lot of presence whenever they are on screen. Especially the older guy.
    Bill Duke.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Weird Okay. So metas from green light are inherently unstable? That's an odd wrinkle. Wonder if that means a weekly escape by metas as a focus.
    That's not quite right. Lynn told Issa that he has the metahuman gene. The greenlight made the meta gene unstable. Makes sense since greenlight don't awoken powers in everyone who used it.