Page 114 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1779

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Yeah i will miss this cast, we need an outsiders show lead by Anissa and Grace.
    Whatever happened to that Markovian boy with the curly hair, did he went back home?
    Brandon? Plot forgot about him, same as with Gravedigger and Lady Eve. And Lala will just....sit there, I guess?

You really felt that this wasn't planned as the final Season. So many Plot Threads will be left unresolved. A shame, really, and so shortly after Black Lightning came into the Arrowverse, too.
    One can only hope that Painkiller gets picked up and will resolve a few of Black Lightning's plot threads. Because I see little chance of any of the cast making any appearances in other Arrowverse shows.

BANNED

I’m going to miss this show. I’m going to miss the great storyline. I’m going to miss the great music playing throughout each episode.
    How it’s that this show is going off the air and a ridiculous stupid show like Legends of Tomorrow stay on?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Brandon? Plot forgot about him, same as with Gravedigger and Lady Eve. And Lala will just....sit there, I guess?

You really felt that this wasn't planned as the final Season. So many Plot Threads will be left unresolved. A shame, really, and so shortly after Black Lightning came into the Arrowverse, too.
    One can only hope that Painkiller gets picked up and will resolve a few of Black Lightning's plot threads. Because I see little chance of any of the cast making any appearances in other Arrowverse shows.
    It's a shame we'll never see the Pierce sisters bounce off other Arrowverse heroes or Jefferson teaming-up with Barry again...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe it's that they were pressed for time to wrap things up, but this show and this last ep in particular has a problem with just having things happen - they want to get from A to B and don't really care how they get there. Tobias takes over that criminal cabal in one scene, JJ takes Red off the board, the police lady (sorry, forgot her name) gets filmed saying something that to me didn't seem like a big deal, but suddenly she's a laughing stock and one cliched, chaky cam, quick cut, mentally unhinged scene later she's lost her mind and shooting up super powers? Khalil takes out Ishmael - who despite being built up so much, is taken out in a pretty typical for Khalil fight scene where the fight had as much impact as a speed bump. As I said before it's been the problem with his fight scenes - they meant nothing and didn't add to the story. Each time, Khalil has an objective, fights, then achieves the objective - and this one was no different.

It's interesting how the "lady cop who hates metas because of some past trauma" thing is also going on in "The Flash" but that lady cop wants to take away people's abilities rather than empower cops. Those two should've gotten together - a Flash/Black Lightning crossover would've been cool dealing with this issue.

For as big a BIG Bad Tobias has been, there's been no real story buildup to what should be an epic finale. We'll see I guess, but I'm hoping it's more than just a fight where this time Jefferson beats him, and there's some convenient plot device that helps take down his empire. (probably something Gambi does)
    Considering Tobias Whale wanted to take his "meta-neutralizer" to places like Metropolis and Star City . . . I'm still wondering why Central City didn't get name-dropped, given how much of a hub for metahuman activity it's been since the particle accelerator explosion at S.T.A.R. Labs. Like you said about the "anti-metahuman female cop" plot, it would be a perfect plot for The Flash and Black Lightning to cross over beyond Barry giving Jefferson some offscreen help some episodes back.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Grace is definitely good for Anissa. Jen actually did something smart with her recording lenses. Khalil vs. Ishmael was cool, I liked how he had to poison the hilt of the sword to beat him.

Glad to see Jefferson and Lynn reconcile before the...confrontation. Wow. Given how long this show ended up running for, Tobias pretty much had to be the final villain. There was a real tragedy of Tobias learning the full story of the night he killed Jefferson's father and then killing Jefferson in the same manner. I guess the question now is, are they going to bring back Jefferson in a cheap way or are they going to make his death meaningful while letting him go out on a high note?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering Tobias Whale wanted to take his "meta-neutralizer" to places like Metropolis and Star City . . . I'm still wondering why Central City didn't get name-dropped, given how much of a hub for metahuman activity it's been since the particle accelerator explosion at S.T.A.R. Labs. Like you said about the "anti-metahuman female cop" plot, it would be a perfect plot for The Flash and Black Lightning to cross over beyond Barry giving Jefferson some offscreen help some episodes back.
    That was a weird choice. It's not like Star City is especially known for metas, while the metahuman population pretty much put Central City on the map.

Mighty Member

Pretty strong episode. There's not really much I could add. The Khalil/Ishmael fight was fun. I'm glad Jen was actually given some time to grieve, since I felt last week's events were just kind of brushed aside too easily. I wasn't a fan of Tobias just taking down the Shadow Board so easily like that. It felt a bit too much.

Between this, The Flash, and Batwoman, we sure are seeing a lot of cop antagonists this year. I'm kind of annoyed they had to give tragic backstories to two of them, though. I don't think abusing your power and using a scapegoat requires one, but okay.

I liked the confrontation at Alvin Pierce's home and how it tied back to the beginning. The cliffhanger was pretty strong, even if I highly suspect Jeff is going to return.

I think Tobias used Metropolis and Star City as examples because Superman isn't in Metropolis as much and Star City is currently crime and Metahuman free.

Like, do you want to start up business in Central City and get The Flash's attention?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Grace is definitely good for Anissa. Jen actually did something smart with her recording lenses. Khalil vs. Ishmael was cool, I liked how he had to poison the hilt of the sword to beat him.

Glad to see Jefferson and Lynn reconcile before the...confrontation. Wow. Given how long this show ended up running for, Tobias pretty much had to be the final villain. There was a real tragedy of Tobias learning the full story of the night he killed Jefferson's father and then killing Jefferson in the same manner. I guess the question now is, are they going to bring back Jefferson in a cheap way or are they going to make his death meaningful while letting him go out on a high note?

That was a weird choice. It's not like Star City is especially known for metas, while the metahuman population pretty much put Central City on the map.
    Yeah, I hear that, though I think they are going to revive Jefferson next episode somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Pretty strong episode. There's not really much I could add. The Khalil/Ishmael fight was fun. I'm glad Jen was actually given some time to grieve, since I felt last week's events were just kind of brushed aside too easily. I wasn't a fan of Tobias just taking down the Shadow Board so easily like that. It felt a bit too much.

Between this, The Flash, and Batwoman, we sure are seeing a lot of cop antagonists this year. I'm kind of annoyed they had to give tragic backstories to two of them, though. I don't think abusing your power and using a scapegoat requires one, but okay.

I liked the confrontation at Alvin Pierce's home and how it tied back to the beginning. The cliffhanger was pretty strong, even if I highly suspect Jeff is going to return.
    I think the tragic backstories explain, but don't excuse their actions. To me, it's likely an attempt at giving them some more dimensionally rounded characterization instead of just having them be one-note "bigots with badges and axes to grind." Bit mixed how well that works out in the end, but points for at least trying, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Tobias used Metropolis and Star City as examples because Superman isn't in Metropolis as much and Star City is currently crime and Metahuman free.

Like, do you want to start up business in Central City and get The Flash's attention?
    If you're Tobias Whale and you think you're effectively the closest thing to God on Earth . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If you're Tobias Whale and you think you're effectively the closest thing to God on Earth . . .
    Even God knows a hassle when he sees one .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's a shame we'll never see the Pierce sisters bounce off other Arrowverse heroes or Jefferson teaming-up with Barry again...
    Or gambi in the rest of the arrow verse.

Does anyone think Gambi will die in the series finale, considering he was killed off in the comics?
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Full series finale trailer:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Does anyone think Gambi will die in the series finale, considering he was killed off in the comics?
    Not at all. They finally give this man a love interest, so you think they would really kill him off?

There is not enough time to deal with a bunch of tragedy in 48 minutes. This episode ends with the Pierce family all together (including Gambi and love interest) toasting to bringing Tobias to justice.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Not at all. They finally give this man a love interest, so you think they would really kill him off?

There is not enough time to deal with a bunch of tragedy in 48 minutes. This episode ends with the Pierce family all together (including Gambi and love interest) toasting to bringing Tobias to justice.
    I would love that as an ending. Let them have some peace, comfort, and joy after the absolute hell they've been through.

Mighty Member