Page 87 of 119 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1779
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Have they established anything that Odell wouldn't do? Because he's raced past any moral line like the Flash
    Blatant extrajudicial executions like the kind from the episode before last?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Eh, I don't know. He'd probably keep it more on the down low, like assassinations then public executions. But if it came to it, I don't think he would hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm also certain he wouldn't threaten to call in an air strike on a city or harass an old woman out of her apartment building. The man is evil but he's also a pragmatist. I suspect that his absence will be what causes the ASA to fall apart.

Yeah, I think the last episodes, with Major Grey and Commander Williams in charge, were pretty much all about "See? It can be even WORSE than Odell!"

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm also certain he wouldn't threaten to call in an air strike on a city or harass an old woman out of her apartment building. The man is evil but he's also a pragmatist. I suspect that his absence will be what causes the ASA to fall apart.
    Really? It seemed like a natural extension of the ASA tactics he'd been condoning so far.

Maybe he would've sicked Lightning on the agents if he felt they went to the extent of when they beat up Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Eh, I don't know. He'd probably keep it more on the down low, like assassinations then public executions. But if it came to it, I don't think he would hesitate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, I think the last episodes, with Major Grey and Commander Williams in charge, were pretty much all about "See? It can be even WORSE than Odell!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really? It seemed like a natural extension of the ASA tactics he'd been condoning so far.

Maybe he would've sicked Lightning on the agents if he felt they went to the extent of when they beat up Jefferson.
    Good points, come to think of it. Looking forward to tonight's episode and how Jefferson gets mixed up with Crisis on Infinite Earths. Speaking of Lightning, anyone get the feeling that the Lightning that confronts Jefferson in the preview for tonight's episode is a doppelganger from a reality where Jennifer Pierce joined or was indoctrinated into joining the ASA?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I like that this show is using the crisis to push a story they are already telling instead of derailing things to act as a tie in.

Mighty Member

Awesome crisis tie in episode.

BANNED

The Lightning girl is cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I like that this show is using the crisis to push a story they are already telling instead of derailing things to act as a tie in.
    Indeed. It was quite interesting. At first it seems like it's going to be like those 'Red Skies Crossover' things only barely tied in, but the meeting between Jennifer and her counterparts from other worlds is a great way of introducing the Multiverse to Black Lightning while still being relevant to the story and character arcs. Jennifer, through speaking with her other selves and seeing what happened in their worlds Ghost of Christmas Past-style, has to reconsider just what she's been doing since the occupation and just what working with Odell may be costing her. The lessons she learns here may indeed help her in the long run, assuming she remembers them and the events of Crisis don't render them moot points.

I liked the focus on Jennifer, she really had a good development.
    After this whole Crisis thing is done, I hope she kicks the ASA's ass to hell and back.

Also, screw you Lynn, seriously. I defended you because of your addiction, but by now you are just pissing me off with your self-righteous attitude.

Even being bedridden will not prevent Agent Odell from spooking someone.

Oh great, now Lynn is cooking drugs. Seriously ?

So is that the reason we never heard from Black Lightning and family on Earth-1? They lost their powers and were completely subjugated by the ASA? I liked they had Jeff as Secretary of Education though.

I liked seeing Jefferson wear a Superman shirt in that picture. Actually, aren't some of the Earth-1 heroes fiction characters on his Earth? I wonder if that will play into the crossover at all.

Of course Earth-2 would have evil Jinn. I guess that's one thing that won't be missed with Earth-2's destruction...

Why does no one in Garfield pay attention to the woman in black leather walking around the halls?

Wow, Black Lightning destroyed the ASA base completely off-screen? Kinda wish we had gotten to see that.

I feel more people should acknowledge that Khalil has basically been brainwashed rather then completely writing him off. He still has his memories in his head, they're just cut off. And now everybody but Jennifer knows, which isn't going to last.

It's kind of fun watching Black Lightning and his cast have to deal with such comic-booky stuff like a multiverse, and the pangs of a shared universe, since it's been relatively more grounded and isolated so far. Everyone had the appropriate freaking out at the Crisis Red Skies that was needed without feeling to off-putting or derailing the show.

I guess meeting your AU doppelgangers is a good way to see where you could go wrong and figure out who you really need to be. Nice to see Jen get some good character development .

Even being bedridden will not prevent Agent Odell from spooking someone.

Oh great, now Lynn is cooking drugs. Seriously ?

So is that the reason we never heard from Black Lightning and family on Earth-1? They lost their powers and were completely subjugated by the ASA? I liked they had Jeff as Secretary of Education though.

I liked seeing Jefferson wear a Superman shirt in that picture. Actually, aren't some of the Earth-1 heroes fiction characters on his Earth? I wonder if that will play into the crossover at all.

Of course Earth-2 would have evil Jinn. I guess that's one thing that won't be missed with Earth-2's destruction...

Why does no one in Garfield pay attention to the woman in black leather walking around the halls?

Wow, Black Lightning destroyed the ASA base completely off-screen? Kinda wish we had gotten to see that.

I feel more people should acknowledge that Khalil has basically been brainwashed rather then completely writing him off. He still has his memories in his head, they're just cut off. And now everybody but Jennifer knows, which isn't going to last.

It's kind of fun watching Black Lightning and his cast have to deal with such comic-booky stuff like a multiverse, and the pangs of a shared universe, since it's been relatively more grounded and isolated so far. Everyone had the appropriate freaking out at the Crisis Red Skies that was needed without feeling to off-putting or derailing the show.

I guess meeting your AU doppelgangers is a good way to see where you could go wrong and figure out who you really need to be. Nice to see Jen get some good character development .
    Might be a homage to him voicing John Henry Irons/Steel in the Reign of the Supermen animated movie, if I recall right. That said, I enjoyed this episode for seeing Jennifer's character development, and yes, maybe her or Jefferson's powers manage to short out his brain chip and he starts remembering who he is (or was). That, I'd prefer over just writing him off as a lost cause and a living weapon for the ASA that has to be taken down at all costs. Of course, if he does remember . . . honestly, I'd be looking forward to that just to see him take Odell down himself and since he's not really a metahuman, it's not like Carson can copy his abilities, so that's Odell's top asset handicapped in the event Khalil goes on the warpath against the ASA for what they made him do, especially to his own mother.

I guess it's just me, I was mostly bored. And am finding I didn't care about Jen, Jinn or Gen.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It's like if the Crisis on Infinite Earths mini was coming out as a comic book, this is what that month's issue of Black Lightning would be.

I'm glad they focused on Jen, being the youngest, her life can divert in the most drastic ways. And Jinn outright murdered her family! Whoa!

And there goes another Earth. So if they come back as a merged Earth or whatever, I wonder if Jen will be restored or stay as some energy thing.

I like how we see the Pierce Family on the Earths we are familiar with. It does beg the question of if Oliver, Barry, and any other hero exists on that Earth and in what capacity.