Page 113 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1779

That illustration with the Pierce's together as a family and Superhero team was pretty awesome final one for the series. Although Anissa's costume is now purple and it looks like we're getting OG!Jen back ?

I didn't think this show would introduce Black Lightning having mind-wiping powers so they could use that against Tobias. Will Jefferson actually use it once he gets his powers back?

It feels a little late in the game to be introducing Lopez' backstory and that she hates Meta's because her husband was one and went crazy, killing her brother. Like, they couldn't have introduced that earlier? And I don't think she has as much to prove as a woman in that position as she does someone whose job it is to carry out the law, not a vendetta.

Is Jennifer's answer to everything using the ionosphere? Although she was at least still smarter in this episode compared to the last few.

Did Tobias pull a sudden takeover better than Ricardo Diaz did?

If Painkiller vs Ishmael was Khalil's last fight of this season, it was a pretty solid one. Also, I guess Khalil is never going to find out about JJ.

Looker going along with testifying, even if under duress, is probably the most redemption the show is going to give her.

I think the mothers would definitely be better off not knowing their babies were experimented on to remove a gene that could possibly give them superpowers. Unless they really wanted to have kids with superpowers. But if they're normal otherwise, I don't see a problem. I'm glad Anissa finally admitted she was wrong for once.

If Lauren knows Gambi has an adoptive son, it doesn't take much to guess he's going this far to protect said son and his family.

I'm glad Jefferson and Lynn were able to apologize and reconcile for (hopefully) the last time.

Lightning should've mentioned that Red had killed the prior mayor.

Jennifer exposing Lopez as a Meta-bigot to the world at large was very satisfying, even if it drove Lopez to turn herself into, apparently, an evil version of Lightning.

Tobias giving Jefferson a free punch after finding out Jefferson was there for Alvin's murder was very...respectable of him, even if it was fruitless. Tobias isn't that far off that he's partially responsible for creating Black Lightning.

So the "Book of Resurrection" is going to be literal this time around with Jefferson actually resurrecting himself to stop Tobias. Pretty epic way to set off the finale .

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This show has been idle for most of the season for me. The Jen change didn't sit well with me. I didn't look into it but I guess the actress had a bad timing situation. A new gig to go to that couldn't wait, that contracts dictated?
    The MEH-ness of this season not withstanding the most interesting characters of late, for me, have been TJ and Painkiller/Khalil and for the later he had a strong showing this episode.
    As far as penultimate episodes go I must say this one felt very satisfying. I will echo most of what Frontier said.
    The "bookend" for Jefferson and his dad was one I didn't see coming...not that I believe he's dead mind you.

Curious to see how this all wraps up next week. I loved S1-2, S3 was uneven and while S4 for me has been MEH I sense they are going out strong.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This show has been idle for most of the season for me. The Jen change didn't sit well with me. I didn't look into it but I guess the actress had a bad timing situation. A new gig to go to that couldn't wait, that contracts dictated?
    The MEH-ness of this season not withstanding the most interesting characters of late, for me, have been TJ and Painkiller/Khalil and for the later he had a strong showing this episode.
    As far as penultimate episodes go I must say this one felt very satisfying. I will echo most of what Frontier said.
    The "bookend" for Jefferson and his dad was one I didn't see coming...not that I believe he's dead mind you.

Curious to see how this all wraps up next week. I loved S1-2, S3 was uneven and while S4 for me has been MEH I sense they are going out strong.
    Jen previous actress left the show to sort out her personal issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Jen previous actress left the show to sort out her personal issues.
    Must have been serious, because there’s only a few episodes left.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I think I remember hearing that she was quitting acting altogether. Which was why I was surprised she came back at all this season. I thought they'd recast between the seasons, or find a way to write her out before the season started.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    On Instagram she mentioned that someone close to her died in 2018 and she coped with it by burying herself in her work. She realized just how unhealthy that was and getting tired of the industry in general so she dealing things back and getting herself together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    On Instagram she mentioned that someone close to her died in 2018 and she coped with it by burying herself in her work. She realized just how unhealthy that was and getting tired of the industry in general so she dealing things back and getting herself together.
    I wonder how her two sisters are doing, they are also actresses.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Looking forward to the series finale next week. It's been a long, bumpy, (somewhat) uneven ride, but it's been a ride nonetheless. Kudos to everyone in this show, though mad hopes Lopez gets what she has coming to her for being a plain bigot. I mean, yeah, her husband going nuts and killing her family with his metahuman powers is sad and tragic and genuinely horrific, but that doesn't justify genocide. And speaking of getting what they have coming to them, I hope Tobias Whale's downfall is as brutal, painful, and prolonged as possible.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think I remember hearing that she was quitting acting altogether. Which was why I was surprised she came back at all this season. I thought they'd recast between the seasons, or find a way to write her out before the season started.
    In that video she posted, she had said that we would see her at the start of the season, but not later. Maybe whatever went down happened after she had filmed those first few episodes of this season.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    In that video she posted, she had said that we would see her at the start of the season, but not later. Maybe whatever went down happened after she had filmed those first few episodes of this season.
    It did seem like they were avoiding filming any scenes with her and Cress Williams together.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It did seem like they were avoiding filming any scenes with her and Cress Williams together.
    Yeah, I'm still wondering what that was all about...
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Maybe it's that they were pressed for time to wrap things up, but this show and this last ep in particular has a problem with just having things happen - they want to get from A to B and don't really care how they get there. Tobias takes over that criminal cabal in one scene, JJ takes Red off the board, the police lady (sorry, forgot her name) gets filmed saying something that to me didn't seem like a big deal, but suddenly she's a laughing stock and one cliched, chaky cam, quick cut, mentally unhinged scene later she's lost her mind and shooting up super powers? Khalil takes out Ishmael - who despite being built up so much, is taken out in a pretty typical for Khalil fight scene where the fight had as much impact as a speed bump. As I said before it's been the problem with his fight scenes - they meant nothing and didn't add to the story. Each time, Khalil has an objective, fights, then achieves the objective - and this one was no different.

It's interesting how the "lady cop who hates metas because of some past trauma" thing is also going on in "The Flash" but that lady cop wants to take away people's abilities rather than empower cops. Those two should've gotten together - a Flash/Black Lightning crossover would've been cool dealing with this issue.

For as big a BIG Bad Tobias has been, there's been no real story buildup to what should be an epic finale. We'll see I guess, but I'm hoping it's more than just a fight where this time Jefferson beats him, and there's some convenient plot device that helps take down his empire. (probably something Gambi does)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe it's that they were pressed for time to wrap things up, but this show and this last ep in particular has a problem with just having things happen - they want to get from A to B and don't really care how they get there. Tobias takes over that criminal cabal in one scene, JJ takes Red off the board, the police lady (sorry, forgot her name) gets filmed saying something that to me didn't seem like a big deal, but suddenly she's a laughing stock and one cliched, chaky cam, quick cut, mentally unhinged scene later she's lost her mind and shooting up super powers? Khalil takes out Ishmael - who despite being built up so much, is taken out in a pretty typical for Khalil fight scene where the fight had as much impact as a speed bump. As I said before it's been the problem with his fight scenes - they meant nothing and didn't add to the story. Each time, Khalil has an objective, fights, then achieves the objective - and this one was no different.

It's interesting how the "lady cop who hates metas because of some past trauma" thing is also going on in "The Flash" but that lady cop wants to take away people's abilities rather than empower cops. Those two should've gotten together - a Flash/Black Lightning crossover would've been cool dealing with this issue.

For as big a BIG Bad Tobias has been, there's been no real story buildup to what should be an epic finale. We'll see I guess, but I'm hoping it's more than just a fight where this time Jefferson beats him, and there's some convenient plot device that helps take down his empire. (probably something Gambi does)
    I will say the issue with what Lopez was saying was she was basically saying she wanted to kill all Meta's just for existing, which...is probably not something a police captain should be saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I will say the issue with what Lopez was saying was she was basically saying she wanted to kill all Meta's just for existing, which...is probably not something a police captain should be saying.
    I get it, but they went from that to her losing her mind in her office because they just wanted her to take the serum. It's a pacing issue, which affects the believability. But again, they may have just ran out time to wrap things up.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get it, but they went from that to her losing her mind in her office because they just wanted her to take the serum. It's a pacing issue, which affects the believability. But again, they may have just ran out time to wrap things up.
    I think they definitely rushed a lot of her story, especially when we're only finding out about why she hates Meta's in the second-to-last episode.