Page 90 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1779

I think the shows in general don't want to have to constantly explain, "Why didn't they just call so-and-so to help out." I'm okay with them keeping to themselves for the most part unless a crossover or guest shot is really warranted. Maybe BL didn't want to invite other heroes to possibly run afoul of the US government, maybe he just likes to take care of his city himself, etc... all the shows would get repetitive if they have to explain it all the time, imo.

And Gambi seemed to have a non-reaction from what I recall. Jeff unloaded a lot of info in that scene and I think eveyone was just taking it all in. (his reaction could have been surprise that Jefferson ever thought of Superman as a comic book - it seemed vague enough)

Gambi didn't really react to Jefferson talking about Superman or The Flash since, presumably, Jefferson's comms couldn't get through the blockade.

I wonder if Lynn and John Diggle are now related.

Mighty Member

If Jefferson had some way of contacting Batwoman, he could warn her about Odell's arrival in Gotham.

Did Jefferson really threaten a teenager with castration?

Nice subversion making us think they were gonna torture Odell.

Wait, when did they start calling Jen Lightning?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Am I the only one who has enjoyed Lynn's addiction storyline from the standpoint that she has always seemed so holier than thou since the start of the series, haven't seen the latest episode all the way, but there was a satisfaction I got seeing her fish around the toilet for any semblance of her drug she could get her hands on.

Maybe I am just an *******, lol

Great episode, but you could've left out Lala and Lady Eve, seriously.

I mean at this point you got the Markovians, the ASA, Tobias AND now this gang war. Way too many villains at once.

Odell is from Gotham now? Or at least lives there? It would explain a lot.

It's nice to see a major white guy other then Gambi who isn't evil and acts with basic common sense towards what's going on. And..wait, he's Atomic Knight ?

Anissa has her home AI calling her "queen" now. I think she should maybe tone it down a little...

So...yeah, I guess Brandon is the show's version of Brion/Geo-Force. Does that mean he's really Markovian? Does he have a sister named Tara?

Did that guy go back to partake in those two ladies after taking all that footage? I guess it would've been a waste of money otherwise.

So...was Lady Eve alive this whole time, or did Crisis revive her? I guess it doesn't matter. It's nice to have her back though.

Shouldn't Blackbird have been the one in on kidnapping and fake!torturing Odell? Although I guess he already knows who she is, so Thunder is just as good.

Have we ever seen all three of the Pierce's in-costume and in action together? I honestly forget.

With Jen's level of impulse control, I honestly don't blame her family for not telling her about Khalil. Granted, seeing Khalil as Painkiller understandably messed her up quite a bit but it also put her family in a bind and let Odell get away, ruining their plan .

They sure lucked out that Gambi just leaving TC in their base would give someone with the perfect powers for undoing Khalil's brainwashing in the exact perfect place to use them.

I'm not sure how Lala is so intimidating. I guess because he always comes back to life? It's not like his tattoos do anything like they do in the comics.

I love how Tobias betrays Lynn and insults black women literally moments after they agree to work together, and Lynn punches him with her injected super-strength. Pretty awesome .
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Did Jefferson really threaten a teenager with castration?
    Didn't he threaten Khalil too?
    To be fair, Anissa being called Thunder kind of came out of the blue too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Am I the only one who has enjoyed Lynn's addiction storyline from the standpoint that she has always seemed so holier than thou since the start of the series, haven't seen the latest episode all the way, but there was a satisfaction I got seeing her fish around the toilet for any semblance of her drug she could get her hands on.

I'm ready for her to admit she has a problem and get help. If Henderson wasn't leaving the show I'd half expect her to get arrested for drug possession once this is all over.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post

I'm enjoying it for the same reason. Nice seeing her being taken down a peg.

Supergirl and Vixen were mentioned as fictional characters within the show.
    They never said they were fictional characters, as I recall.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I think that dr. Jayce is really Brandon 's mother and they seem to be setting up a batwoman crossover. Yeah they should have left lalla and lady eve for season four.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I think that dr. Jayce is really Brandon 's mother and they seem to be setting up a batwoman crossover. Yeah they should have left lalla and lady eve for season four.
    Wondering if they might have planned n written this before the show renewal came so they were cramming a bunch of **** in, worried they would not have another season to play with

Brandon is Geo-Force! I loved Jennifer interrupting him mid-name drop. Lynn may think she has things under control with Tobias, and she did come prepared, but still, this is Tobias.

Was there a reason Khalil didn't wear his mask or was it just convenient so Jennifer could recognize him? I was underwhelmed by his fight with Black Lightning. Jeff didn't even try to blast him, he immediately went hand to hand, and despite knowing all these crazy martial arts, Khalil still loses to him. Interesting that Jennifer was able to hold both Jeff and Anissa. Just like her evil counterpart showed, she is fairly powerful.

This is the first time to my memory. Unless there was some sort of newspaper headline or something that was briefly shown?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't he threaten Khalil too?
    He wanted to make sure Khalil was washing his balls properly. Man, Jeff is overly fixated on the genitals of teenage boys.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    This is the first time to my memory. Unless there was some sort of newspaper headline or something that was briefly shown?
    Are there youtube videos talking about her booty like they did Thunder?
    He wanted to make sure Khalil was washing his balls properly. Man, Jeff is overly fixated on the genitals of teenage boys.
    All the better to make sure they don't have a chance with Jennifer...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Great episode, but you could've left out Lala and Lady Eve, seriously.

I mean at this point you got the Markovians, the ASA, Tobias AND now this gang war. Way too many villains at once.
    Lala's been nothing but filler since Episode 2 of season one. It's as if the only reason he's around is because they paid the actor to appear in more episodes, and realized they killed him off too early. It seems like they just don't know what to do with him. There seemed to be a 'redemption arc' going on with him, but it hasn't really been allowed to actually go anywhere.

Also, both Lala and Lady Eve might not, at this point, be credible as antagonists as we've already seen both of them taken out (the former a few times).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Lala's been nothing but filler since Episode 2 of season one. It's as if the only reason he's around is because they paid the actor to appear in more episodes, and realized they killed him off too early. It seems like they just don't know what to do with him. There seemed to be a 'redemption arc' going on with him, but it hasn't really been allowed to actually go anywhere.

Also, both Lala and Lady Eve might not, at this point, be credible as antagonists as we've already seen both of them taken out (the former a few times).
    They also both feel pretty divorced from Black Lightning compared to Tobias and the ASA...maybe because the writers realize they wouldn't stand a chance if Black Lightning actually came after them.