Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1337
  1. #1276
    Sailing the seas Chris Lang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Pretty much my biggest issue with the Young Justice cartoon for every single season right there.

    The everything is according to plan and the losses are actually wins is some of the most annoying villain stuff around. It doesn't make your villain any interesting or seemingly cooler. It just makes your heroes look like idiots.
    That trope can work if it's done well, but it gets tiresome when it's used too often. And when it's the same villain using it too much, then the villain becomes less interesting.

  2. #1277
    Sailing the seas Chris Lang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,477

    Default

    So, what's the reason for Odell being sidelined the past two episodes? Was it due to actor availability, or was it for story reasons (i.e. they needed other ASA leaders to do things Odell wouldn't)?

  3. #1278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    So, what's the reason for Odell being sidelined the past two episodes? Was it due to actor availability, or was it for story reasons (i.e. they needed other ASA leaders to do things Odell wouldn't)?
    They probably needed to let the other characters have some spotlight for a minute since Odell chewed up every scene he was in.
    The woman in the shadows with the elegant sigh. What could a common man do to catch her eye?
    Her easy manner shames me, oh I hate myself so much! I tremble and I'm breathless and I'm begging for her touch.
    She sees my anguished urges but continues smirking by, If I dare to follow her, it's likely that I'll die.
    But even as she's feeding, as my body's torn apart, Will she think upon me kindly?
    When she slowly eats my heart?

  4. #1279
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Pretty much my biggest issue with the Young Justice cartoon for every single season right there.

    The everything is according to plan and the losses are actually wins is some of the most annoying villain stuff around. It doesn't make your villain any interesting or seemingly cooler. It just makes your heroes look like idiots.
    Young Justice stopped doing that around season 2. The Light frequently mention how much of their resources they've lost.

  5. #1280
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    46,924

    Default

    Jeff has seemingly not aged a day since he and Lynn got married. Wasn't he supposed to be bald and clean-shaven in his youth?

    What was it about the resistance's methods that Jeff was against? Just the bomb thing? Because this is coming right after he fried a bunch of ASA agents and helped a shapeshifter who mauled a guy to death.

    Tobias sure likes hitting on Lynn. Although giving Tobias other powers sounds like a really bad idea.

    I guess we're more comfortable showing our heroes getting high or acknowledging that kind of stuff. Kate Kane admitted to having a blunt as a teenager, and look at Jennifer and Brandon here. The heroes even stand up for an old lady who's selling marijuana plants!

    Jen saying she got roofied with Greenlight is actually a clever way of explaining away her powers.

    I feel bad for Brandon that he's seemingly become Jennifer's test dummy for her powers. And that he thinks Jace is farther from Freeland then she really is. On another note, it's always the quiet and calm ones who have the biggest freakouts .

    It's nice to see Black Lightning finally taking a stand and leading the resistance in opposing the ASA .

    It was great to finally see Anissa as Thunder again. You could tell from her expression at seeing the suit that it was like seeing an old friend again.

    Thunder finally does what no one else has all season...defeat Painkiller. And she realized he's Khalil, and if anyone is likely to spill the beans to Jennifer, it's Anissa.

    "I need to grab the cure!" AKA "I need to grab my drugs!" Lynn is not going to be a happy camper now, I imagine. Although I feel like Jeff should have given his wife some warning when he should've known how the ASA would have responded to his act of resistance when it came to his family.

    Was that agent who let Lynn go the one who was against the beating in the last episode? I thought he was at the battle. But there was also another ASA agent who was unsure about what they were doing, so it seems there is starting to be some division among the ASA.

    "I see your point." That scene of Carson just keeling over after that line and needing to be carried out came off more comically then I think it was supposed to. Not that he deserves better.

    Black Lightning is going to be in Crisis, but it looks like his show is going to have the classic tie-in episode with Red Skies and everything !

  6. #1281
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    So, what's the reason for Odell being sidelined the past two episodes? Was it due to actor availability, or was it for story reasons (i.e. they needed other ASA leaders to do things Odell wouldn't)?
    Odell was shot when a markovian commander managed to slip into Freeland and tried to steal info from their HQ at club 100.

  7. #1282
    Sailing the seas Chris Lang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Odell was shot when a markovian commander managed to slip into Freeland and tried to steal info from their HQ at club 100.
    I knew that. The thing is, it seemed a bit abrupt for Odell to at least temporarily be sidelined from the story at that point, when it seemed he'd been more or less the Big Bad this season. I was wondering whether it was for story purposes or because the actor had other things going on?

  8. #1283
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    It was funny the way Jennifer kept zapping Brandon like that, and his powers make him somewhat immune...but shouldn't his clothes have gotten scorched?

    Anissa vs. Khalil Round 2! And she does much better this time around, maybe it's because she's Thunder once again. I thought Painkiller was assigned to go after Black Lightning? Are they ever going to fight?

    Even though they didn't get a big fight scene, Jeff against that ASA dude was fun in a combat pragmatist kind of way.

    So Lynn is probably going to start going through withdrawals. That's not going to be fun for her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What was it about the resistance's methods that Jeff was against? Just the bomb thing? Because this is coming right after he fried a bunch of ASA agents and helped a shapeshifter who mauled a guy to death.
    I think he's just mad he wasn't consulted and brought in on it earlier. I would've thought Henderson and Lala were going to start working together before Jeff was told about the resistance (that way he can get upset that Henderson is making compromises). What is Lala up to anyway?

  9. #1284
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

    Anissa vs. Khalil Round 2! And she does much better this time around, maybe it's because she's Thunder once again. I thought Painkiller was assigned to go after Black Lightning? Are they ever going to fight?
    I'm pretty sure Painkiller was there to deal with Black Lightning in the first place. The problem is he ran into Thunder first.

  10. #1285
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    46,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So Lynn is probably going to start going through withdrawals. That's not going to be fun for her.
    And at the worst possible time for her family to catch her.
    I think he's just mad he wasn't consulted and brought in on it earlier. I would've thought Henderson and Lala were going to start working together before Jeff was told about the resistance (that way he can get upset that Henderson is making compromises). What is Lala up to anyway?
    When Lynn brought up how the ASA is channeling or distributing Greenlight, and Tobias was mum about it, I thought it might be Lala.

  11. #1286
    Sailing the seas Chris Lang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And at the worst possible time for her family to catch her.

    When Lynn brought up how the ASA is channeling or distributing Greenlight, and Tobias was mum about it, I thought it might be Lala.
    Well, it's about time Lala actually contributed more to the show than just filler. Last season it seemed they were setting up some sort of redemption arc for him but it didn't really go anywhere.

  12. #1287
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,701

    Default

    On a somewhat lighter note, I will never get over how cool the "Black Lightning transformation sequence" was in this episode when Jefferson finally decided he wasn't playing around with the ASA anymore.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  13. #1288
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    So, what's the reason for Odell being sidelined the past two episodes? Was it due to actor availability, or was it for story reasons (i.e. they needed other ASA leaders to do things Odell wouldn't)?
    Have they established anything that Odell wouldn't do? Because he's raced past any moral line like the Flash
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 12-08-2019 at 05:41 PM.

  14. #1289
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    46,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    On a somewhat lighter note, I will never get over how cool the "Black Lightning transformation sequence" was in this episode when Jefferson finally decided he wasn't playing around with the ASA anymore.
    And the ensuing lightning blast .

  15. #1290
    Mighty Member MoneySpider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was great to finally see Anissa as Thunder again. You could tell from her expression at seeing the suit that it was like seeing an old friend again.
    Speaking of Anissa's Thunder suit...

    Blue Marvel - Man of Marvels
    Storm - Goddess of the Elements
    Black Panther - King of Wakanda/King of the Dead
    Vixen - Queen of the Red

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •