Page 10 of 119 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    And since Black Lightning never checked, I guess we'll never know. Heaven forbid if it was just somebody stopping for the night with his wife.
    So a married couple stopping for the night at the seediest motel around with more than a few suspicious characters running around is more likely to you than some dude getting in his weekly, or monthly, 30 minutes of fun? Hey whatever is more plausible for you I won't argue.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I really do question what the deal with was the white dude Jefferson blasted was. I guess we could assume there was something dirty going on we didn't know about but..I mean...neither would he. :P

But I think we're just supposed to be going with the idea he was so pissed that anyone who WASN'T his daughters/family were going to be blasted right then.

I do find the one thing a bit silly about all of this was what Thunder (I think) pointed out in all this. IE That Jefferson thought this would all never touch his school.

But given the pullover and him still barely reacting I think it's safe to say that he really wanted to believe and ignored all evidence in front of him as things got worse.

So I HOPE they never try to pull the "Should I be Black Lightning? Doesn't it hurt others?" that other shows might try. He already went through that and saw without a DOUBT the city needs him.

While I know it's unlikely, it occurs to me that there IS another superhero they could relatively easily bring in to the show (or two depending on how you count them) especially if they want to give Jennifer a love interest at some point. Hint: His name is pretty close to Anissa's codename. :P

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    A well thought out opinion. I disagree with you on how it limits anything. And if people want to lodge complaints that start with 'well this happened on Arrow' then that'd dumb to begin with. I think the show is fine and brings a completely different dynamic than any of the other shows. And that's what you want. Each other them has to bring a different vibe for the show and I think they do. Can you tell they are made under the same mold, sure, but it doesn't stop them from having their own identity to me. Arrow is the street justice show, Flash (should be anyway) the light hearted fun super power show, LoT is straight over the top cheese, knows its cheese and runs with it and I loooooooooooooove it, Supergirl, I dunno I only watch here and there, but I just take it as the yay feminism show. BL offers a different dynamic and I don't see how linking it in the Arrowverse would take away from that.

And I'm a fan of crossovers for TV shows. From back when it was Homicide / Law & Order, to the various Law & Order shows, CSIs, Chicago shows, etc. I'm a sucker for a good crossover.
    We had Static Shock in the same universe as Justice League, Zeta Project and Batman Beyond.

Lets not forget X-File, Lone Gunman, Millennium, Oz, Homicide, The Beat, Wire, LA Law, Law & Order, Practice, Boston Public, St Elsewhere, Civil Wars, Ally McBeal, Chicago Hope, White Shadow & Chicago Fire also share the same universe.

No one screamed what happened on that other show for any of them.

Being in the same universe does not mean everyone has to held hostage by knowing what the other is doing. Especially when they are not in the same city.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I do find the one thing a bit silly about all of this was what Thunder (I think) pointed out in all this. IE That Jefferson thought this would all never touch his school.
    Well, he said to "La La" that he had a deal with the gangs to leave Garfield alone, which seemed to have been working pretty well for years up until the cousin went after Jennifer and Anissa (which Lala pointed out was the dumbest thing he could've done).

Yeah I really do question what the deal with was the white dude Jefferson blasted was. I guess we could assume there was something dirty going on we didn't know about but..I mean...neither would he. :P

But I think we're just supposed to be going with the idea he was so pissed that anyone who WASN'T his daughters/family were going to be blasted right then.

But given the pullover and him still barely reacting I think it's safe to say that he really wanted to believe and ignored all evidence in front of him as things got worse.

So I HOPE they never try to pull the "Should I be Black Lightning? Doesn't it hurt others?" that other shows might try. He already went through that and saw without a DOUBT the city needs him.

While I know it's unlikely, it occurs to me that there IS another superhero they could relatively easily bring in to the show (or two depending on how you count them) especially if they want to give Jennifer a love interest at some point. Hint: His name is pretty close to Anissa's codename. :P
    If you know a place like that, then you know a place like that.

It's one of those where there is no question of why you're there or what's going on. The 100 wasn't just hanging out there. That's a place of business for them. Random folks wouldn't even be able to get a room there because the gang running things there would have that section/wing/or entire motel on lock.

Take note that it was a half-naked white guy running out of the room...with his clothes in hand...in that neck of the woods. After him being tased back, we see an undressed black woman still in the bed that he was clearly in the middle of a transaction with until he was frightened by the commotion outside. I'd say Jefferson was well aware and likely staked the place before taking action.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he looks believable for the character of Jefferson Pierce on the show and looks surprisingly believable as Black Lightning once he gets going.
    Ok i dont mind him not being jacked dudes been retired for years. But yea he liked walked with a weird posture and carries himself weird in the trailers. But ok sounds like in context of the show he works

BANNED

the Milestone characters are not available for TV

the producers of the show initially asked and were told so

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want to see this show exist in the Arrowverse. Having different facets of the universe only enrich it my eyes. It can use a show that's far removed from it's established formula. It felt so good to have natural sounding dialogue in a CW show for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    the Milestone characters are not available for TV

the producers of the show initially asked and were told so
    Pretty sure he was talking about JJ Thunder (and Thunderbolt). JJ had a thing for Jennifer in the comics.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The show can use members of the Outsiders that haven't appeared on any of the other shows yet like Metamorpho and Atomic Knight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    If you know a place like that, then you know a place like that.

It's one of those where there is no question of why you're there or what's going on. The 100 wasn't just hanging out there. That's a place of business for them. Random folks wouldn't even be able to get a room there because the gang running things there would have that section/wing/or entire motel on lock.

Take note that it was a half-naked white guy running out of the room...with his clothes in hand...in that neck of the woods. After him being tased back, we see an undressed black woman still in the bed that he was clearly in the middle of a transaction with until he was frightened by the commotion outside. I'd say Jefferson was well aware and likely staked the place before taking action.
    I suppose, but that means it's apparently so well known that Jefferson could track it down almost INSTANTLY AND that a place with gang members with weapons out in the front is somehow not being targeted by the overzealous racist police officers we saw earlier?

My first thoughts was that it's simply a cheap motel the gang operates out of on occasion and simply stepped up their presence there because of hearing what their member did (kidnapping Jennifer and Anissa). I mean gangs generally operate secretly and in places they WOULDN'T have a clear presence in real life.

And maybe because I've had family members run out wearing virtually nothing from emergencies or seeming emergencies the running with clothes bit is DEFINITELY something folks would do if they hear gunshots or well a veritable WARZONE. I know I've done similar for less. :P

But either way. I doubt that'll be mentioned again anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Pretty sure he was talking about JJ Thunder (and Thunderbolt). JJ had a thing for Jennifer in the comics.
    Aww. I could've dragged on that "mystery for at least a few more posts. :P

Yep, Jakeem was who I was thinking of. I can already imagine a cheesy line with him taking on the codename and Lightning's reaction just being "Seriously, you had to make a sick name like that and it has to sound like it's related to my SISTER?! Sigh. You're lucky you're cute."

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The show can use members of the Outsiders that haven't appeared on any of the other shows yet like Metamorpho and Atomic Knight.
    I think Metamorpho would've made more sense on Flash if they hadn't unceremoniously killed Stagg off.

The only Outsiders I could see working here are re-worked versions of Looker and Halo.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    So a married couple stopping for the night at the seediest motel around with more than a few suspicious characters running around is more likely to you than some dude getting in his weekly, or monthly, 30 minutes of fun? Hey whatever is more plausible for you I won't argue.
    Plausible? So your guessing just like he did. I thought Black Lightning was a hero, not some vigilante. The guy was unarmed and wasn't looking for any type of confrontation and Black Lightning blasted him for no reason at all. It was silly.

Doesn't matter, I wont be tuning in anymore anyways. Hope you enjoy it.
    Last edited by tkitna; 01-17-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    Just watched it and thought it was utter garbage. I was expecting a superhero show and got 'Boyz In The Hood' instead. Cress Williams tries way to hard at being angry all the time and trying to be a hard @ss. When he is Black Lightning, his costume makes him look like John Candy wearing his parka in 'Planes, Trains, and Automobiles'. Much to bulky. The flashes when he punches people is stupid looking. It was also laughable that his own daughters cant recognize him when he's in costume even though his beard and facial features are staring right at them. Lastly, I thought it was a nice touch when he blasted the innocent white guy that came to the door to see what was going on. Oh well, i'm just glad there's other things to watch on Tuesdays.
    I'm assuming you have this same issue with all superheroes? It is silly but it's also very common in superhero fiction.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I'm assuming you have this same issue with all superheroes? It is silly but it's also very common in superhero fiction.
    Exactly. This cat is simply a hater.