Page 105 of 119 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1779

I forgot did we get a Flash crossover, without seeing the Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I forgot did we get a Flash crossover, without seeing the Flash.
    Yeah that was loame, could've at least shown the lightning.

Anyways, guess this is as good as an explanation as we can get for a recast in the last Season.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I was just psyched to see Jeff change into Black Lightning again with that watch. I will never get tired of that transformation sequence.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It's fitting that it would take something happening to his daughters for Jeff to finally become Black Lightning again. It was good to see him in the suit again .

Black Lightning is back! Again! Now Segue into the theme song .

That was a nice way of working Barry in and acknowledging the show's shared universe, and that Jefferson is friends with The Flash, although I would've liked to have seen the classic Flash streak as well.

Anissa is right, no matter what they would've done, Jenn probably would not have listened. She brought this on herself.

I thought Lynn was making so much progress until she threw all the blame on Jefferson, but at least she came around by the end and it seems like Jefferson and Lynn are finally on the same page.

Okay, Lopez is terrible. It's one thing to basically frame Lightning for a murder they don't have hard evidence on, it's a whole 'nother to force Hassan to lead a Metahuman task force even though he doesn't want the job. She just wants him as her enforcer so she can take Meta's down .

I'm sure telekinetic dudes mom probably had a reasonable reason for slitting the throat of his dad...

Anissa realizes that the Pierce's are Grace's in-laws right? So she does have some right to know what's going on.

"I only kill people that deserve it!" We all know that's probably not true Lala. At least he respects Black Lightning enough to be happy he's back.

Lala was planning to double cross the Kobra Cartel, and then they double-cross him before he could double-cross. Can't say he didn't deserve it.

So now Lala can just immediately revive? He doesn't have to go through that sound and dance with that dude from season 2?

I was wondering how they would write China Anne McClain out or work around her...I don't think anyone expected or knew they'd be recasting Jennifer. Was that because China wanted out or part of the bad blood between her and the creative team? And what exactly is going on with Jen's new body? She has long hair again, but did she look older to anyone else? How much of a rebirth was this?

Looks like Anissa and Grace are still going through some bumpy times. I'm glad Anissa was able to finally tell her what's been going on.

That was pretty messed up Devonte tried to use the "I can't breathe" line on the cops, but I laughed when they said he can't breathe because he's fat.

I didn't see that Jen twist coming. I figured Anissa and Lynn were celebrating way too prematurely, especially when Jeff felt something was off, but...now there's a new Jen? Not sure how I feel about that. I know secret identity and all, but could she just leave all that "Lethal Lightning" business behind her and say that was someone else and she's a different hero with the same powers?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    That was pretty messed up Devonte tried to use the "I can't breathe" line on the cops, but I laughed when they said he can't breathe because he's fat.
    Didn't they already reference Eric Garner at the start of this season? Or maybe I'm thinking of season 2. I know it came up.
    I didn't see that Jen twist coming. I figured Anissa and Lynn were celebrating way too prematurely, especially when Jeff felt something was off, but...now there's a new Jen? Not sure how I feel about that. I know secret identity and all, but could she just leave all that "Lethal Lightning" business behind her and say that was someone else and she's a different hero with the same powers?
    I wonder if she's going to spin herself as a new Lightning to try and move away from the controversy or just be explicit that she has a new look even though she looks completely different.

Mighty Member

Liked the League of Assassin's mention.

Darth Vader would be proud of her.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 03-15-2021 at 10:22 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I still have to get used to the new girl, but otherwise good episode .
    Nice nods to arrow and Star Wars .
    I guess Anissa and grace will meet kaleel on their honeymoon .
    Rating 4/5.

Oh yeah, meeting Khalil with this new body is gonna be a whole different type of "awkward".

I'm really excited to see NuJennifer's new outfit, this one was obviously a placeholder.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I like the running gag of everyone noting how tall nu Jen is. She's definitely taller than Gambi. I wonder she also towers over everyone else. I'm happy that the chemistry with Anissa has been maintained. That was my biggest worry with the new actress.

I'm not really sure how to feel about the recasting. I mean, the actress is fine, she still has strong chemistry with Anissa, but it still didn't always feel like Jennifer to me even when she should have. Like she didn't really mimic China or how her Jennnifer sounds. Just not sure how this will shake up.

How much older is Jennifer's new body? Is she ever changing back? Is she ever going to graduate from high school?

Tobias already was acting like the mayor, and now he's literally running for it. This can't end well .

So Tobias' assistant has ASL and the Meta Gene? What can she do? Besides be pretty unconvinced by "JJ?"

It's kind of funny that Jefferson is the Pierce that took the longest to get used to NuJen (or JJ) if you believe the rumor that China left because of tension between her and Cress Williams. I guess we're just going to forget about the fact that they weren't talking because of Jefferson's cage fighting.

Okay, yeah, Jefferson really crossed a line saying it was okay for Lynn to use Meta Boosters if it helped stop Tobias. That's like telling a recovering alcoholic to drink because it would help in some nebulous way. Jefferson knows better than that .

Is this the end of Lala? That's probably the most effective way of stopping him with his powers. Too bad he never got to bring out the Tatoo troops. Will Jefferson try and free him? Or maybe send that slab to Argus.

Gambi seems like he's starting to feel bad for how much he's manipulating this woman, even if it's in a good cause. But at least he gets to enjoy lab sex.

TC, the very last thing you should be telling Jennifer and her low impulse control is that she's justified not listening to anyone and doing whatever she feels like doing. This is what got her into this mess. And now she's dressing like discount Blackbird before Gambi can fix her an adult suit.

My takeaway from what happened was that a lot of people in Freeland are packing heat and the Freeland PD really don't due to their due diligence.

That sequence of real life protests mixed in as a "possible future" of what would've happened had Black Lightning showed up...well, I get what they were going for, but it was kind of weird when the show has never really done that before. I guess they really wanted to make their statement.

Good thing Black Lightning managed to save that couple, but I think the guy is probably still going to jail for shooting that officer.

Gotta say, of all of Anissa's fashion show, I'm leaning towards New Orleans...

Ishmael needs 6 more Metas to complete his goal of 100, and Freeland has plenty to choose from aside from the Pierces.

It's kind of weird that Anissa and Grace's honeymoon is going to lead to the Khalil stealth pilot, but then again it would be pretty weird for Khalil to meet the new Jennifer.

New Jen...err, JJ...is going to take some getting used to. TC may be able to whip up all kinds of documents for her, but how does she feel about not being Jen again? I know Jefferson feels responsible for what happened to her, but that was kind of cold how he skipped out on the family embrace.

Lala got his butt kicked and then frozen in carbonite? Pretty much serves him right.

Why do they continue to act like Superman is a fictional character? Aren't they part of the same Earth with a single history? Maybe I'm forgetting who remembers what.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Nice nods to arrow and Star Wars.
    The best reference was to Face-Off.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My takeaway from what happened was that a lot of people in Freeland are packing heat and the Freeland PD really don't due to their due diligence.

That sequence of real life protests mixed in as a "possible future" of what would've happened had Black Lightning showed up...well, I get what they were going for, but it was kind of weird when the show has never really done that before. I guess they really wanted to make their statement.

Good thing Black Lightning managed to save that couple, but I think the guy is probably still going to jail for shooting that officer.
    It was weird to use those real life protests, but I am glad the show got to make that statement without taking too much time away from the main plot or breaking their budget.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Why do they continue to act like Superman is a fictional character? Aren't they part of the same Earth with a single history? Maybe I'm forgetting who remembers what.
    Martian Manhunter probably only brought back Jefferson's memories, so he would be the only one to remember what the world was like pre-Crisis.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Martian Manhunter probably only brought back Jefferson's memories, so he would be the only one to remember what the world was like pre-Crisis.
    Right, but on the new combined Earth, Superman isn't a fictional character anymore.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?