Page 109 of 119 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1779
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The thing that's driving me crazy so far is: the Pierces know that they have a target on their backs, yet they keep waiting for the next thing to be sprung on them by Whale.
    Going straight to Whale isn't going to make their problems disappear. Jeff will still need to deal with the false embezzlement charges. Tobias put himself in a position where he taking him out is the worst option.

Incredible Member

Seems like a lot going on to get resolved in the final 4 episodes. Interested in how everyone gets saved with the loss of powers at a critical moment!

Tobias has been several steps ahead this entire season and would feel like a cop out to turn the tables on him and have the Pierce family getting a happily ever after in 4 episodes.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Going straight to Whale isn't going to make their problems disappear. Jeff will still need to deal with the false embezzlement charges. Tobias put himself in a position where he taking him out is the worst option.
    I understand not going to Whale directly, but that doesn't mean the Pierces have to make it easy for him, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Why did they decide to give Lightning a new face? How can she live a normal life now that she looks completely different?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Why did they decide to give Lightning a new face? How can she live a normal life now that she looks completely different?
    Actress didn't want to continue with the show, so had to be recast. They explained the change in story but it is odd that no one is asking about Jennifer in school. But with 4 shows left, it really doesn't matter. Plus, I like the new actress better!

Incredible Member

I knew about the recasting and that her looks changed in story but I haven't watched a full episode this season. I can't believe no one in her school questioned the change.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Actress didn't want to continue with the show, so had to be recast. They explained the change in story but it is odd that no one is asking about Jennifer in school. But with 4 shows left, it really doesn't matter. Plus, I like the new actress better!
    She said last episode that Jennifer decided to go aboard for her education.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday
    I knew about the recasting and that her looks changed in story but I haven't watched a full episode this season. I can't believe no one in her school questioned the change
    Because the school doesn't know she's Jennifer. A new identity was created for her. She's JJ Stewart to the the public.

Yeah, honestly, I am so sick of Tobias always holding all the cards until the very last episode.

I truly hope Gravedigger appears in the next episode and shoots him or something like that.

I would like to think Lynn would be past the point where she'd consider forcibly de-powering her entire family against their will because she wants them all to be "normal," but I guess she still needs her sub-conscious and her marriage counselor to talk her out of it.

Making a social media sensation public enemy #1 was...not a good combination.

Where is all the color in Anissa's new suit? It looks too much like one of her dad's costumes. I guess it also looks more skintight so people can comment more on Thunder's physique...but the invulnerability without needing to breathe seems pretty useful.

I'm sure there are some in the audience who are happy Painkiller busted into a strip club, especially with a very...flexible stripper who I am assuming was a professional.

It seems like they're trying to iron out the kinks of how Khalil/Painkiller work in-time for the show because now apparently the personalities talk to themselves outside their headspace, which is kind of weird.

Can we just stop having Lynn irrationally blame Jefferson for stuff that isn't actually his fault? I get how much it bothered her to lose her life's work, but it's really straining sympathy when she reacts like that.

I forget how much of a sister complex Tobias has or how much he deified Tori. Jeez .

The reason adults treat kids like they're stupid is because they don't always know better and have low impulse control, like when Jennifer can't resist going out as Lightning to meet a cute boy and walks right into a police trap. Jen is so dumb and she never learns .

For a second there, I thought Black Lightning was going to engage in a genuine b-ball game with Hassan.

Poor Anissa's doctor friend. He seemed like a good guy, but investigating what Anissa asked him to ended up getting him killed .

I guess it's nice that Ishmael isn't all business...I hope he didn't wake that girl with that loud stabbing.

"Lisa?" Was that shield girl from last season that TC was interested in?

So now I think every Pierce other than Jennifer have been arrested, even though Freeland PD want to bust Lightning badly, although I don't think Anissa ever went through what Lynn did where she gets to experience how agonizing and uncomfortable police booking and processing are and how rough Freeland PD gets. Now she has a better understanding of what Jeff went through in season 1.

So Tobias' grand plan is to create a city-wide Metahuman EMP so he can kill the Pierces and reign supreme over the city?

- Anissa's new suit looks like something an Olympic skater would wear rather than a supersuit. And the goggles make her look weird. She should just be Blackbird all the time - I know there are reasons, but it's a better outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    - Anissa's new suit looks like something an Olympic skater would wear rather than a supersuit. And the goggles make her look weird. She should just be Blackbird all the time - I know there are reasons, but it's a better outfit.
    Eh, Blackbird isn't really a Superhero costume though. I don't see what's wrong with the Thunder suit (other than, I guess, it has the same color scheme as Lightning).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would like to think Lynn would be past the point where she'd consider forcibly de-powering her entire family against their will because she wants them all to be "normal," but I guess she still needs her sub-conscious and her marriage counselor to talk her out of it.

Making a social media sensation public enemy #1 was...not a good combination.

Where is all the color in Anissa's new suit? It looks too much like one of her dad's costumes. I guess it also looks more skintight so people can comment more on Thunder's physique...but the invulnerability without needing to breathe seems pretty useful.

I'm sure there are some in the audience who are happy Painkiller busted into a strip club, especially with a very...flexible stripper who I am assuming was a professional.

It seems like they're trying to iron out the kinks of how Khalil/Painkiller work in-time for the show because now apparently the personalities talk to themselves outside their headspace, which is kind of weird.

Can we just stop having Lynn irrationally blame Jefferson for stuff that isn't actually his fault? I get how much it bothered her to lose her life's work, but it's really straining sympathy when she reacts like that.

I forget how much of a sister complex Tobias has or how much he deified Tori. Jeez .

The reason adults treat kids like they're stupid is because they don't always know better and have low impulse control, like when Jennifer can't resist going out as Lightning to meet a cute boy and walks right into a police trap. Jen is so dumb and she never learns .

For a second there, I thought Black Lightning was going to engage in a genuine b-ball game with Hassan.

Poor Anissa's doctor friend. He seemed like a good guy, but investigating what Anissa asked him to ended up getting him killed .

I guess it's nice that Ishmael isn't all business...I hope he didn't wake that girl with that loud stabbing.

"Lisa?" Was that shield girl from last season that TC was interested in?

So now I think every Pierce other than Jennifer have been arrested, even though Freeland PD want to bust Lightning badly, although I don't think Anissa ever went through what Lynn did where she gets to experience how agonizing and uncomfortable police booking and processing are and how rough Freeland PD gets. Now she has a better understanding of what Jeff went through in season 1.

So Tobias' grand plan is to create a city-wide Metahuman EMP so he can kill the Pierces and reign supreme over the city?
    That way, he'd be the most powerful man in the city, given that he's technically an "enhanced human" and not a metahuman, as Lynn said of Khalil/Painkiller back in Season 2. It's a subtle but clear distinction, since "meta" means "beyond," so combining that with "human" would mean that metahumans exhibit abilities clearly "beyond" what ordinary humans are physiologically capable of doing, while enhanced humans can do everything a normal human physically can, but at a heightened level of performance/ability compared to that normal human.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Jennifer's obsession with ionosphere is concerning.

This isn't the best season. Not gonna lie, the best parts of tonight's episode was Tobias chewing scenery as usual and Anissa rocking those shorts.

I wonder how Anissa feels now that Jennifer is taller than her. Before they used to be the same height, or just about, I think (Nafessa Williams and China Anne McClain are both 5'3, but the new actress who plays Jennifer is 5'10).
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi