Page 112 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1779

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering that this is the final season and we're heading into the series finale . . . I would certainly expect them to finally deal with Tobias Whale once and for all.
    But then who would they use for a villain on Painkiller?

Mighty Member

I actually think it was a pretty strong episode. It's nice to see the Pierces actually getting along (somewhat) and actually gaining some advantage. Even the death of Jennifer's love interest didn't feel as dramatic as it was, which is probably my only complaint. Khalil's fight scenes keep getting better and his mind fight scene against Looker was satisfying. I also laughed at Tobias keeping Lala around as decoration.

Looking forward to Khalil vs. Ishmael next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What will be the point of Gravedigger popping up now? Might as well save it for Painkiller.
    Gravedigger has deep-rooted history with the Pierces due to his background, while having little to do with Khalil. Tobias does make some sense as a nemesis since he did create Painkiller, but he also is as much of a personal enemy to the Pierces. I could see Gravedigger as the main villain in an Outsiders series (whatever happened to them?), but that's not something that exists.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    But then who would they use for a villain on Painkiller?
    The pilot already set up Odell and his daughter as the main villains, assuming it gets picked up.

Now Chief Lopez, who is anti-Meta, is going to turn her police force into (temporary) Meta's to take down Lightning on the word of a corrupt politician. Yeah, she needs to go .

Well, whatever happens to Tobias, at least he can say he went out as Freeland's mayor.

Hassan took learning Jefferson's identity as well as Henderson did, though he recovered quicker, I guess because the circumstances were that desperate.

Poor Agent Mason getting Get Out-ed. And then talking in the voice of a Southern Belle. Weird, man.

So we can't fit in Lady Eve, but we can have an appearance from Looker and her band of racist rednecks, although it did lead to a cool Painkiller sequence as Khalil and Painkiller teamed-up in their mindscape to fend her off .

At least Jennifer acknowledges she's stupid. TC is too good for her.

Tobias sure likes killing Jennifer's love interests, doesn't he? That makes two. Poor kid didn't deserve that...

The saga of whether Jefferson and Lynn are married continues. Lynn seemed like she really wanted to change the subject when it came to them getting re-married, which Jeff has been wanting since the first episode of season 1.

I'm glad Gambi is slowly regaining Lauren's trust. She was still cold to him initially, but she seemed to warm up to him by the end. Maybe there's some more love in Gambi's future ?

Jennifer just can't have nice things.

I feel bad for thinking the Khalil fight scenes are the best part of these last few episodes, but clearly they have put a lot of work into them. Looker's guards were weird. At least Jefferson willingly gave up his secret rather than have Shakur discover it on his own.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I can see agent Mason being the one to clean up after Tobias after it's all said and done. He got a favor to repay.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I feel bad for thinking the Khalil fight scenes are the best part of these last few episodes, but clearly they have put a lot of work into them. Looker's guards were weird. At least Jefferson willingly gave up his secret rather than have Shakur discover it on his own.
    I feel the opposite - Khalil's fights have been so perfunctory and lack any tension because there's no drama to those encounters. His scene with Looker was somewhat more interesting because she has powers, but there still wasn't much to it. And of course they're giving us the Painkiller v. Ishmael fight they've been building towards. Hopefully that will be fun at least.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now Chief Lopez, who is anti-Meta, is going to turn her police force into (temporary) Meta's to take down Lightning on the word of a corrupt politician. Yeah, she needs to go .

Well, whatever happens to Tobias, at least he can say he went out as Freeland's mayor.

Hassan took learning Jefferson's identity as well as Henderson did, though he recovered quicker, I guess because the circumstances were that desperate.

Poor Agent Mason getting Get Out-ed. And then talking in the voice of a Southern Belle. Weird, man.

So we can't fit in Lady Eve, but we can have an appearance from Looker and her band of racist rednecks, although it did lead to a cool Painkiller sequence as Khalil and Painkiller teamed-up in their mindscape to fend her off .

At least Jennifer acknowledges she's stupid. TC is too good for her.

Tobias sure likes killing Jennifer's love interests, doesn't he? That makes two. Poor kid didn't deserve that...

The saga of whether Jefferson and Lynn are married continues. Lynn seemed like she really wanted to change the subject when it came to them getting re-married, which Jeff has been wanting since the first episode of season 1.

I'm glad Gambi is slowly regaining Lauren's trust. She was still cold to him initially, but she seemed to warm up to him by the end. Maybe there's some more love in Gambi's future ?
    So while she professes her hatred of metahumans, it's really more the idea of that kind of uncontrolled, unregulated power outside the "right hands," i.e. her own and those she trusts (or thinks she can trust, in the case of Tobias Whale). Basic authoritarian mindset that "it's those other people who can't be trusted with power, unlike my [self-]righteous @$$." You're right, she needs to go.

That said, while I remember that song playing in the background as Khalil and Painkiller tag-teamed Looker in their mindscape . . . I don't quite remember who did the song. Anyone else recognize it?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post

Gravedigger has deep-rooted history with the Pierces due to his background, while having little to do with Khalil. Tobias does make some sense as a nemesis since he did create Painkiller, but he also is as much of a personal enemy to the Pierces. I could see Gravedigger as the main villain in an Outsiders series (whatever happened to them?), but that's not something that exists.
    He doesn't have to menace Khalil. If they really wanted they can have the Pierces in a sub plot and have their story resolved there. These shows usually have multiple stories running anyway.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That said, while I remember that song playing in the background as Khalil and Painkiller tag-teamed Looker in their mindscape . . . I don't quite remember who did the song. Anyone else recognize it?
    Recently passed Black Rob -"Whoa".

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Recently passed Black Rob -"Whoa".
    Thanks. R.I.P. Black Rob, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Tobias must be stopped.

Well, interesting setup for the final episode...

It would be interesting to see where this goes if Jefferson actually is dead. It would suck if he did. He's the type of character I would love to see be a granddad one day.

Khalil once again has the best action scene this episode. Another hip hop classic for the scene too. His fight scenes easily the best thing in these episodes.

Let's just hope that Painkiller gets picked up. While this Season sucked for the most part, it will be sad to say goodbye to the cast.

And yeah, obvious fake out at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Let's just hope that Painkiller gets picked up. While this Season sucked for the most part, it will be sad to say goodbye to the cast.

And yeah, obvious fake out at the end.
    Yeah i will miss this cast, we need an outsiders show lead by Anissa and Grace.
    Whatever happened to that Markovian boy with the curly hair, did he went back home?