Page 12 of 119 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Im watching it tonight when i get home. Im curious the lead actor seem to have a weird body type. Does he look more capable in the finished product. Cause he doesnt look out of shape or weak he just looks weird in the trailers. Like his body type mixed with a weird posture iono cant put my finger on it.
    I thought he was fine in the show and gave a good performance, but his body type has always struck me as odd as well. Just the way his head and neck fit onto his shoulders. Like, his upper body seems like a dude who's 5'7 and stocky, but then he's 6'5.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I think he meant in terms of the social narrative

I mean putting on a costume and taking on crime makes you a vigilante whether you kill people or not

its still taking the law into your own hands
    Im just saying thats why a flash and Supergirl are supported openly by the police while Arrow and BL are hunted or simply tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I thought he was fine in the show and gave a good performance, but his body type has always struck me as odd as well. Just the way his head and neck fit onto his shoulders. Like, his upper body seems like a dude who's 5'7 and stocky, but then he's 6'5.
    Yea just said that in my other post. The dude is in great shape probaly has bigger Pecs then Diggle. He just hunches his neck and carrys his head weird. And has long arms. But yea once i got use to him it didnt bother me at all. Hes a good actor but CW as yet to cast a bad actor as theyre lead.

Retired

Most tall people in the real world are stooped and hunched over because they constantly have to look down and fit into spaces not made for them. So it follows that Pierce would be stooped in the course of his day. And I think that suits the character on the show, because Pierce is always trying to accomodate other people rather than standing up for himself. But I think when he becomes Black Lightning he isn't stooped. And probably the suit makes him stand up tall. I know Melissa Benoist has said that she normally always slouched but once she was in the Supergirl suit she couldn't do that, it made her stand up straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder if Gambi does anything on the side. I refuse to believe a simple tailor will be in procession of that Hi-Tech display and advancements in Jeff's current suit.
    They said we'll get more into Gambi's past, so I imagine that will explain how he has the resources he uses to help Jefferson.
    Watched it really liked it. The actor is in way better shape then he looks. Dudes chest is massive. That said the reason i think he looks akward its the way he hunces his neck down and carrys his head. And he has long ass arms but honeslty i got over that real quick. He great in the role and i like that hes got temper issues. I cheered when he blew up that cop car. Though those cops didnt do anything wrong he was walking away from a shooting but given everything leading up to it i get his frustration.
    The officer saying ""get your black @$% on the ground" certainly didn't help, especially since it was only a few hours after he and the girls were already accosted by racist police (for the third time that month).
    And as far was why hes a vigilante while other heroes are superheroes? Because him and GA kill people so they arr Vigilantes, flash and supergirl dont and if they do its not a normal person.
    They haven't really addressed it yet exactly, but I'm curious to see what exactly Black Lightning's stance on killing is.

Like, aside from using one thug as a human shield, he didn't seem out to kill anybody. Even the cousin was still breathing when he got slammed into his car.

That's certainly far from Oliver as The Hood or DCEU Batman in BvS.

I think the reason he's regarded as a more of a vigilante then Flash or Supergirl is because he operated more clandestinely and secretly compared to those two, again like GA. Or something to that effect.

Can't wait for episode 2.

Surprised they decided to give the daughters powers so soon.

Black Lighting was well cast. I'll admit I was skeptical because this was a CW actor and not a fresh face and sometimes SyFy and CW just like to pick from their crop of actors and its not always as good as it could be, but this wasn't well done.

Some of the writing is a little direct but given the story line and the subject matter I didn't have a problem with it. This wasn't over the top and they jumped to the next scenes very quickly so this wasn't slow paced at all.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Surprised they decided to give the daughters powers so soon.
    I'm curious to see how long before we see Anissa suited-up as Thunder.

Given the promotional shot of her in-costume, I doubt it'll be that long from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They said we'll get more into Gambi's past, so I imagine that will explain how he has the resources he uses to help Jefferson.

The officer saying ""get your black @$% on the ground" certainly didn't help, especially since it was only a few hours after he and the girls were already accosted by racist police (for the third time that month).

They haven't really addressed it yet exactly, but I'm curious to see what exactly Black Lightning's stance on killing is.

Like, aside from using one thug as a human shield, he didn't seem out to kill anybody. Even the cousin was still breathing when he got slammed into his car.

That's certainly far from Oliver as The Hood or DCEU Batman in BvS.

I think the reason he's regarded as a more of a vigilante then Flash or Supergirl is because he operated more clandestinely and secretly compared to those two, again like GA. Or something to that effect.
    I missed the part where he said black ass.

Also yea im pretty sure the cousin is dead. Looked like we saw him take his last breath. Also he became BL so he can kill Tobias Whale.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-18-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Im just saying thats why a flash and Supergirl are supported openly by the police while Arrow and BL are hunted or simply tolerated.
    Flash and Supergirl are still vigilantes. And have at least two deaths on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Flash and Supergirl are still vigilantes. And have at least two deaths on their hands.
    BL and Oliver are killing regualr joesl criminal. Its not the same and thats why they arent accepted as Public figures and given statues or awards like flash and Kara.
    No ones asking you to define the word Vigilante. Were talking about in the context of the show and Flash and Kara are called Superheroes and Oliver and BL are Called Vigilante and Criminals(Olivers had periods where the police worked with him and he was called a hero. But it never lasts) . Also Kara works for the Gvmt and Barry works with the police. Barry still technically a vigilante but Kara isnt

i get the show was saying BL only gets called a Vigilante because he black but his tactics while not as extreme as Olivers are definetly more on that side of the fence then Karas,Barrys or Wallys. I mean i like his tactics in show but yea hes still crosses lines that put him firmly on Olivers side of the street. Ans honestly i like characters like that better anyway. It more rellalistic then not killing save that for the icons like bats,Supes, and Spidey
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-18-2018 at 01:22 PM.

I highly doubt he killed the cousin. Just knocked him out. They wouldn't put that on Jefferson.
    Last edited by Iconic; 01-18-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Retired

He seems to have an issue with cars.

BL and Oliver are killing regualr joesl criminal. Its not the same and thats why they arent accepted as Public figures and given statues or awards like flash and Kara.
    No ones asking you to define the word Vigilante. Were talking about in the context of the show and Flash and Kara are called Superheroes and Oliver and BL are Called Vigilante and Criminals(Olivers had periods where the police worked with him and he was called a hero. But it never lasts) . Also Kara works for the Gvmt and Barry works with the police. Barry still technically a vigilante but Kara isnt

i get the show was saying BL only gets called a Vigilante because he black but his tactics while not as extreme as Olivers are definetly more on that side of the fence then Karas,Barrys or Wallys. I mean i like his tactics in show but yea hes still crosses lines that put him firmly on Olivers side of the street. Ans honestly i like characters like that better anyway. It more rellalistic then not killing save that for the icons like bats,Supes, and Spidey
    The public doesn't even know the DEO exists (and Kara pretty much does what she wants DEO be damned) and the police are unaware that Barry is the Flash. People in universe have no reason to see them as anything but vigilantes and the differences between them and Arrow and Black Lightning are arbitrary. You can put a coat on a leopard and it will still be a leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Aren't vigilantes generally considered to work outside the law, and usually in secret? Supergirl works for a agency of the federal government, has worked openly with the National City PD,
    and had a statue of her erected by the city which was approved by the mayor. She is for all practical purposes as much of a federal agent as Alex Danvers or J'onn J'onzz, even though she
    doesn't wear a standard DEO uniform. In regards to deaths, Supergirl was basically a cop taking down a dangerous criminal and would have been cleared by any board of inquiry.
    Where-as Black Lighting not only has no ties to any LEA, but was shown opposing the police, and certainly has no public statues erected in his honor. I don't think all that many people in
    the city even know about him. And even fewer regard him as a hero.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Aren't vigilantes generally considered to work outside the law, and usually in secret? Supergirl works for a agency of the federal government, has worked openly with the National City PD,
    and had a statue of her erected by the city which was approved by the mayor. She is for all practical purposes as much of a federal agent as Alex Danvers or J'onn J'onzz, even though she
    doesn't wear a standard DEO uniform. In regards to deaths, Supergirl was basically a cop taking down a dangerous criminal and would have been cleared by any board of inquiry.
    Where-as Black Lighting not only has no ties to any LEA, but was shown opposing the police, and certainly has no public statues erected in his honor. I don't think all that many people in
    the city even know about him. And even fewer regard him as a hero.
    The city knows about Black Lightning. The first episode hammered the fact that things got worse after he retired. The only the police have any disdain for Black Lightning.