Page 13 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The public doesn't even know the DEO exists (and Kara pretty much does what she wants DEO be damned) and the police are unaware that Barry is the Flash. People in universe have no reason to see them as anything but vigilantes and the differences between them and Arrow and Black Lightning are arbitrary. You can put a coat on a leopard and it will still be a leopard.
    Point still is The Law works with Barry and Kara and against BL and Oliver. Hence group ones labeled different then group 2. Ppl may not know about the Deo but they see Kara helping the police and first responders. While BL and Ollie have to stay in the shadeows and makr quick get aways. They arent the same and i dont see BL beong called a Vigilante as Racist.

@Black Lightning ima watch it again when i get home. I watched it with 4 other ppl and we all thought the cousin was dead. I needa watch it again and look closer but in my recolection dude takes like one final breath and then just goes dead. Pratcialy had a hole in his chest but the wound he did have was a horroble burn right by the heart. He was then violently thrown off the 2nd floor through a car. But i could be wrong ill watch it again. Even if hes not dead though Jefferson doesnt have too much regard for the bad guys lives. Which i wanna point out doesnt bother me at all i like that

Black Lightning doesn't kill people

The guy he tossed at the end is clearly still alive, just knocked out. If he'd been electrocuting him to death they wouldn't be able to have a conversation when he was lifting him up like that.

Here is official confirmation from Black Lightning himself on how he doesn't kill

Cress Williams Explains How Black Lightning Uses His Powers Without Electrocuting People to Death
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/cress-willia...-po-1822166734

He has the ability to use electricity a lot like the way someone picks up a pencil. If you have a pencil, you can really shade in really, really hard and dark or you can use it with the lightest touch. When he’s using his electricity, just because it touches someone doesn’t mean it’s necessarily shocking them. He actively makes that choice whether the electricity’s going to be strong or soft.
    The J-man

Retired

When I watched it, I just assumed BL had control over his powers and he might have shocked Will, but the guy was still moving at the end so he was probably alive. It seemed like the only time folks died was because of the gun violence. So BL is like original Superman and original Batman--they didn't go out of their way to kill people, but if someone died in the course of events they didn't care either. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Black Lightning doesn't kill people

The guy he tossed at the end is clearly still alive, just knocked out. If he'd been electrocuting him to death they wouldn't be able to have a conversation when he was lifting him up like that.

Here is official confirmation from Black Lightning himself on how he doesn't kill

Cress Williams Explains How Black Lightning Uses His Powers Without Electrocuting People to Death
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/cress-willia...-po-1822166734
    Ok fair enough. But he clearly said he would kill Tobias and it sounds like yhey both thought they killed each other. He also has no problem using them as human sheilds. So hes not Barry or Kara in that regard vut not quite Oliver either then. Hes more like a wild dog. Ppl should be dead because he shoots them but they act like Olivers the only killer. So who knows regardless i enjoyed the firsy epiosde more then i coulda ever hoped

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ok fair enough. But he clearly said he would kill Tobias and it sounds like yhey both thought they killed each other. He also has no problem using them as human sheilds. So hes not Barry or Kara in that regard vut not quite Oliver either then. Hes more like a wild dog. Ppl should be dead because he shoots them but they act like Olivers the only killer. So who knows regardless i enjoyed the firsy epiosde more then i coulda ever hoped
    I took that to indicate that Jefferson started his career with a personal vendetta and then developed more into a traditional Superhero over time before he ended up retiring, not unlike Oliver's development in the first few seasons of Arrow.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I took that to indicate that Jefferson started his career with a personal vendetta and then developed more into a traditional Superhero over time before he ended up retiring, not unlike Oliver's development in the first few seasons of Arrow.
    He still used someone as a human shield though. Heroes with a no kill rule wouldn't deliberately put people in harm's way like that. I'm guess he's indifferent to criminal deaths.

Well he retired the night he and Tobias thought they killed each other. So his return is him developing he stopped the same time he thought his vendetta was over. But maybe i understood that wrong i thought both Jefferson and Tobias think they killed each other that night. Thought he didnt stop because he killed tobias he stopped because he promised his wife. Doesnt hurt if he alos happened to have killed him that night you know?

But again i might of just misunderstood the time line and theyre history
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-18-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He still used someone as a human shield though. Heroes with a no kill rule wouldn't deliberately put people in harm's way like that. I'm guess he's indifferent to criminal deaths.
    That might very well prove accurate.
    Well he retired the night he and Tobias thought they killed each other. So his return is him developing he stopped the same time he thought his vendetta was over. But maybe i understood that wrong i thought both Jefferson and Tobias think they killed each other that night. Thought he didnt stop because he killed tobias he stopped because he promised his wife. Doesnt hurt if he alos happened to have killed him that night you know?

But again i might of just misunderstood the time line and theyre history
    My understanding was that Jefferson's goals shifted beyond taking Tobias out to just protecting Freeland in general, but then he got one last chance to take Tobias down and broke his promise to Lynn to do it. And the ensuing fight lead to him getting beaten badly enough that Whale would think he was dead and he was caught by Anissa (?) and Lynn recovering from his injuries.

I don't think we ever heard Jefferson mention thinking Whale was dead. The only time he acknowledged him was when Jefferson saw Whale's wanted poster at the beginning and when Jefferson mentioned why he first became Black Lightning.

That might very well prove accurate.

My understanding was that Jefferson's goals shifted beyond taking Tobias out to just protecting Freeland in general, but then he got one last chance to take Tobias down and broke his promise to Lynn to do it. And the ensuing fight lead to him getting beaten badly enough that Whale would think he was dead and he was caught by Anissa (?) and Lynn recovering from his injuries.

I don't think we ever heard Jefferson mention thinking Whale was dead. The only time he acknowledged him was when Jefferson saw Whale's wanted poster at the beginning and when Jefferson mentioned why he first became Black Lightning.
    Lol i need to watch this again.. As soon as you ssid that i started thinking and i have no clue wtf made me think BL thought Tobias was dead. Upon thinking about i dont even think Tobias thought he literaly killed BL. I think it was more like i killed his spirit and made him quite and you dumbasses brought him back.

Lol i need to watch this again.. As soon as you ssid that i started thinking and i have no clue wtf made me think BL thought Tobias was dead. Upon thinking about i dont even think Tobias thought he literaly killed BL. I think it was more like i killed his spirit and made him quite and you dumbasses brought him back.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tobias thought he "killed" Black Lightning the same way Bane "killed" Batman.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tobias thought he "killed" Black Lightning the same way Bane "killed" Batman.
    Yea because if he really killed him theyre woulda been a body. And he could matched up the injuries to figure out who BL was. Yea i think it was a figurative "killed"

Defiently watching it again tonight to see what made me think Tobias was "dead" too. So this year we have Black Panther, Black Lightning, and season 2 of Luke Cage. Im lovin it

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He didn't kill that guy his friend did. He's on a mission to save his daughters can't let that dude get lucky and pop him in the head.

I simply saw a father that was going to do anything to get his daughters back. I think he's not going to go out of his way to kill someone. As we see with the old store footage and all his fight scenes in episode 1. He's a father and a principle and when push comes to shove he'll do what's best.

If he's not going to outright kill the man who threatened his daughters twice with a gun I think we know where he stands.
    The J-man

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

He didn't kill that guy his friend did. He's on a mission to save his daughters can't let that dude get lucky and pop him in the head.

I simply saw a father that was going to do anything to get his daughters back. I think he's not going to go out of his way to kill someone. As we see with the old store footage and all his fight scenes in episode 1. He's a father and a principle and when push comes to shove he'll do what's best.

If he's not going to outright kill the man who threatened his daughters twice with a gun I think we know where he stands.
    He's responsible for his death even if he didn't directly killed him. Personally, I don't mind if BL drops bodies occasionally.

BANNED

He has the ability to immediately incapacitate anyone by throwing lightning at them. He didn't even try that. I'm thinking the most generous interpretation of that scene is that he is indifferent to the fate of violent gang members, particularly where his family is concerned.

Personally, I like that about him, and that's not a trait I'm usually in favor of with super heroes. I'll never be convinced that the "anti-hero" is not a villain.

Point still is The Law works with Barry and Kara and against BL and Oliver. Hence group ones labeled different then group 2. Ppl may not know about the Deo but they see Kara helping the police and first responders. While BL and Ollie have to stay in the shadeows and makr quick get aways. They arent the same and i dont see BL beong called a Vigilante as Racist.

@Black Lightning ima watch it again when i get home. I watched it with 4 other ppl and we all thought the cousin was dead. I needa watch it again and look closer but in my recolection dude takes like one final breath and then just goes dead. Pratcialy had a hole in his chest but the wound he did have was a horroble burn right by the heart. He was then violently thrown off the 2nd floor through a car. But i could be wrong ill watch it again. Even if hes not dead though Jefferson doesnt have too much regard for the bad guys lives. Which i wanna point out doesnt bother me at all i like that
    The police turning a blind eye to Kara and Barry is exactly the type of double standard the man in the news was talking about. It should be pointed out that this show doesn't take place in the same universe as Supergirl and Flash so the guy was talking about how other white superheroes are treated vs non-white ones.