Page 14 of 119 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Black Lightning doesn't kill people

The guy he tossed at the end is clearly still alive, just knocked out. If he'd been electrocuting him to death they wouldn't be able to have a conversation when he was lifting him up like that.

Here is official confirmation from Black Lightning himself on how he doesn't kill

Cress Williams Explains How Black Lightning Uses His Powers Without Electrocuting People to Death
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/cress-willia...-po-1822166734
    If the electricity didn't kill the guy the fall on the car very likely did.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The police turning a blind eye to Kara and Barry is exactly the type of double standard the man in the news was talking about. It should be pointed out that this show doesn't take place in the same universe as Supergirl and Flash so the guy was talking about how other white superheroes are treated vs non-white ones.
    I don't think it's a blind-eye so much as Kara and Barry operate differently compared to Jefferson and Oliver, so their relationship with law enforcement is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If the electricity didn't kill the guy the fall on the car very likely did.
    He still looked knocked out to me.

Got the chance to start this last night.

James Remar actually making the most out of a solid role was a pleasant surprise. I honestly thought those days might be behind him.

Let alone the show itself. Very well done.

Wonder how many folks got that "Parliment Funkadelic Getup" line?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

James Remar actually making the most out of a solid role was a pleasant surprise. I honestly thought those days might be behind him.

I did, make my funk the P funk.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I'll have to re-watch it. Did they actually say Obama was President NOW in Black Lightning? I know they mentioned/alluded to him but it doesn't mean he's President NOW. I mean after all even now we get news clips on occasion with scenes from Obama's administration in real life.

I always stick to assuming that whoever's President in a series now is only one President off of real life. IE President Marsden just followed up after Obama on E-38. Or similarly followed Obama for the TWO Presidents we saw in the Invasion Crossover on E-1. (The shows are relatively clear about avoiding Trump as a President so far amusingly enough which changes the usual views a bit)
    No, they made mention of a black president, not that he was the current president.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    I thought it was a nice touch that above the door to Gambi's shop it reads "Since 1977".
    I didn't catch that, but you're right, it is a nice touch.

Sandy Hausler

Im assuming most ppl under the age of 40 didnt but my dad was a huge Geroge Clinton fan.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

As a kid of the '70s, it was impossible it would have gone over my head.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/black-lightning
    looks like i got a superhero saturday date
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Retired

If you see the new costume in isolation it doesn't seem to work, but it looks good on TV. He's powering up that neon glow and since BL works at night, in the dark (his powers can shut off all the lights), the only thing that people see is those glowing lightning bolts. So I understand why people aren't looking at his face and recognizing Jefferson Pierce. Maybe his daughters should be able to see it's Dad, if they really pay attention. But they're going to find out soon enough, so that's no big deal.

I love the way his power can influence his surroundings. Draining power, overloading it, etc. It makes for some amazing visuals.

I'm a fan of the suit. I like that it "glows" because for a TV show it needs some pop. And he can operate in stealth when needed the way he did on top of the motel when he made his suit go dark.

Ready for Tuesday's. Outside of sports, this is the only other show I've watched with commercials.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    I love the way his power can influence his surroundings. Draining power, overloading it, etc. It makes for some amazing visuals.

I'm a fan of the suit. I like that it "glows" because for a TV show it needs some pop. And he can operate in stealth when needed the way he did on top of the motel when he made his suit go dark.

Ready for Tuesday's. Outside of sports, this is the only other show I've watched with commercials.
    Even though it isn't part of his current power set I think he should be able to pull a Livewire and travel as electric current utilizing storms,the power grid,and the internet when necessary for short periods of time. Sort of his version of the Speed Force and flight. SFX could be real Funkidelic baby!

The current Black Lightning suit will be getting some upgrades over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea because if he really killed him theyre woulda been a body. And he could matched up the injuries to figure out who BL was. Yea i think it was a figurative "killed"
    Expanding on this:

Tobias apparently thinks Black Lightning is actually dead.

Jefferson doesn't think Tobias is dead, just "gone."
    Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    Even though it isn't part of his current power set I think he should be able to pull a Livewire and travel as electric current utilizing storms,the power grid,and the internet when necessary for short periods of time. Sort of his version of the Speed Force and flight. SFX could be real Funkidelic baby!
    I remember he could do something to this effect in the DC Nation "Thunder and Lightning" shorts.

Retired

I don't know if I want to see Black Lightning's powers increased to that extent where he can convert his whole body into electrical energy. If that does happen, that's the point where a crossover seems reasonable, because the difference between Jefferson's world and the rest of the Arrowverse will not seem so significant anymore.

However, just as ARROW proved to be the starting point for the Arrowverse, I could see BLACK LIGHTNING spawning a Lightningverse. CW might want to build on its success, if it can maintain audience interest. Right now, BL feels truer to the comics than those other shows have been--and it might be a better place to develop more DC characters.

Man episode 1 was way better than a lot of the Netflix marvel shows.