Page 16 of 119 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I thought the pilot was okay, if a bit rushed. I have the same problem with Jefferson looking for Lala as I had with Luke searching for Han in carbonite- you know where he's going to be, so if you want him, just go THERE. Luke should go to Tattooine, BL should go back to the restaurant.
    Id have to go back and rewatch, but I thought they just said the girls were taken in general, not that Lala specifically took them, hence why he would not just go back to the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Id have to go back and rewatch, but I thought they just said the girls were taken in general, not that Lala specifically took them, hence why he would not just go back to the restaurant.
    I meant at the end when BL was asking the thug where Lala was while suspending him over his car. He knew where his girls were- it was an open secret that girls are taken to that motel to work.

Maybe he wanted to know where Latavius was right then. And now that the word is out that he took Pierce's kids, he's laying low.

1st: Get your kids
    2nd: Where's Lala?
    Last edited by Iconic; 01-23-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Every scene with the daughters bore me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Lala rest in "hell".

Want. More. Show.

Enjoyed it yet again. Loved the Jefferson the man scenes. I felt torn when he was faced with the choice to continue or not. I want him to be happy with Lynn...but...but...the city needs him.

Doorman: "Black Lightning! My man!"

I liked the daughters in the pilot but boy did they hit that CW generic bratty teens and young adult stride fast
    Oh but that's surprising I didn't think they'd have jefferson and lynn know about anissa and her girlfriend
    La La was a pretty good villain
    I really like the soundtrack for this show
    Black Lightning was kinda selfish just saving his girls from the hotel love the way that was thrown in his face the next episode but I'm glad they are showing how much he means to the community being gone for 9 years and everyone still remembers him

Astonishing Member

Anissa, whoo! I love that her dropping the pain killers etc.. is a sort of oblique reference to how Superman/Clark put his glasses away after realizing he doesn't need them anymore.

Lynn. I love you dear but "We've almost put the pieces of our lives back together." all just makes me go "Yes, you're the one stopping yourselves from getting back together."

I know it's not happening but is Kara a character from the comics because my mind instantly goes to.

earth d .jpg.jpg

I'm actually a bit disappointed Latavious and his cousin are gone already. Would've liked to see both become "butt monkeys" for a bit. Get the catharsis really out and have them get beat up regularly. Alas.

This shoe better keep Khalil safe. DO. NOT. HURT. HIM.

Black Lightnings actual screen time was short this go 'round but oh so sweet.

The Pilot wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But the numbers do not represent how cool it was either. If i'm ranking CW - DC shows i got this just slightly above Legends. And was it me or was his suit trash...not look wise but durability....He stay bleeding something fierce after every battle.

I love how they instantly killed one of the Plot holes a lot of people were complaining about through the week "How doesn't his daughters know its him when they look at him" The youngest daughter cleared it up. "When you look at his faces it hurts like looking into a spot light" so there you go.

I wish they'd give Tobias super strength as well. Pilot was better than episode 2 imho, although black lighting being an addict kinda surprised me. I guess when you can juice things up you get some interesting. They better take that somewhere.

And what's with the old guy as his side kick? Lol.

Retired

The pilot was tighter. It was edited so one scene jams up against the next scene and like that. So you're on this wild ride the whole time. However, that kind of editing ends up leaving out some exposition. And I guess they needed this slower paced episode to clear up some of the issues raised in the pilot.

I wouldn't say this episode was as good as the first one. But it would be hard for any second episode to reach the level of excitement in the first. It was still a solid episode.

The music in this show is amazing. Having the Good Reverend Al Green on the soundtrack gave me chills. I saw him live in concert many years ago with a friend of mine and she was such a fan that she insisted we stay after to meet him in person. That was quite the scene, but he was a wonderful gentleman and I was so happy my friend persuaded me to stay.

It was interesting how they showed the violence--much greater violence than the previous episode--mixed with so much beauty in the music and in how those scenes were shot. That strange contrast makes it all the more disturbing.

So whenever we see lightning she is getting High or drunk.

I really like this show but the costume isnt growing on me. Also those goggles are horrible as a disguise. Its like saying you dont recognize someone because they got Sun glasses on. And thats when they are black. When they are see through its even worse of a disguise. Thats fine though i can ignore it just like Superman. But the costume itself just bugs me. Not as good as the pilot but still liking the show.

Too bad for LaLa he seemed to be more of a real charatcer then Tobias who is cool but flat and cartoonish so far. If this show wasnt on a network channel he would Said "Nig*as" instead of Darkies and it woulda been less goofy
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-23-2018 at 11:46 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I wish they'd give Tobias super strength as well. Pilot was better than episode 2 imho, although black lighting being an addict kinda surprised me. I guess when you can juice things up you get some interesting. They better take that somewhere.

And what's with the old guy as his side kick? Lol.
    In the comics it was the tailor who made him the outfit and gave Jefferson the belt that actually gave him his electrical powers. Later on he was able to generate electricity on his own from exposure to the belt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If this show wasnt on a network channel he would Said "Nig*as" instead of Darkies and it woulda been less goofy
    He used that word in his very first scene this episode.