Page 26 of 119 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Minus the whole "constantly cheating on his wife" thing.
    I suppose to Lynn he was cheating on her, but with his super-heroing adventures. And they have been split for nine years. I doubt Jefferson has been a monk in all that time. There must be other women who crossed his path. In future seasons, if they're desperate for another plot line, a little kid could show up at his door, with static shock powers, wondering if Jefferson is his daddy.

Anyway, I do think Lynn resembles some of the depictions of Hera, in her demeanour.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I suppose to Lynn he was cheating on her, but with his super-heroing adventures. And they have been split for nine years. I doubt Jefferson has been a monk in all that time. There must be other women who crossed his path. In future seasons, if they're desperate for another plot line, a little kid could show up at his door, with static shock powers, wondering if Jefferson is his daddy.

Anyway, I do think Lynn resembles some of the depictions of Hera, in her demeanour.
    I dunno, they made it such a point about how much he loves and wanted Lynn back, and that he was still wearing his wedding ring, that I wouldn't be surprised if he's been celibate since their divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, they made it such a point about how much he loves and wanted Lynn back, and that he was still wearing his wedding ring, that I wouldn't be surprised if he's been celibate since their divorce.
    That's how I'm leaning as well. He wanted to prove to Lynn that he was done with being a superhero and strictly back to being a family man. But by the time Lynn seemed ready to get back with him (after 9 years), we have the current issues with the 100 and what not going on.

Though they still work together when it comes to parenting their kids at least.

Retired

Inspired by THE OUTSIDERS comic book we saw last week, I have an idea how BLACK LIGHTNING can be referenced in the Arrowverse but yet not be incuded.

On THE FLASH, we find out that Joe's favourite new TV show is BLACK LIGHTNING, when Vibe is over to the house one night. Cisco gets zapped by the TV which causes him to vibe the world of BL.

The STAR team realize this is an alternate Earth. However, when Cisco tries to breach onto this other Earth, he's stopped by Gypsy. She tells him there's a prime directive that no outsiders can contact this Earth--if they did, it would cause a whole mess of problems on the order of destroying the Multiverse as they know it.

So there's a Monitor system to ensure that no one breaches into this world.

BANNED

how about we just leave Black Lightning alone?

can it just breathe for a season or two?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

I'm for this as well (not that I would mind a crossover or too either, at some point).

Retired

Hey! I think that BLACK LIGHTNING should be left alone. But I have my doubts that other CW shows won't do some kind of Easter egging. I was offering an in-universe solution that would enforce how about we just leave Black Lightning alone? and yet allow that Easter egging to continue on THE FLASH--just as BL got away with their own OUTSIDERS comic book Easter egg. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Not that ganders lay Easter eggs.

Cisco alone has probably referenced hundreds of IPs from Warner and Disney--so I doubt he's going to stop making those references. ARROW already cross-referenced both THE OUTSIDERS comic book and THE OUTSIDERS novel--so somewhere inside that Easter egg is both a Jefferson Pierce and a Pony Boy.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 02-06-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Mighty Member

Lady Eve embalming a living person sent chills down my spine

I love how he handled 2-bit. The negotiation was real.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

Agreed, though I do think they oughta, down the line, establish what the rules are with metahumans

The Two Bits thing with him wanting a selfie with Black Lightning cracked me up!

Retired

A lot of this episode was establishing stuff that will probably prove important in upcoming episodes. I don't want to say how I felt about it, because I find that my opinion with previous episodes improves in the days after I first see it.

I appreciate that both Jefferson and Black Lightning can't just keep putting these criminals in prison--especially with a corrupt police force--so they have to sometimes work with the criminals to achieve their true goal. And how they went about that with Two-Bits was nice.

Every episode raises more real life subjects for discussion. Not only do we have the issue of drugs on the streets that are destroying lives, but we also are teased with a new question about prison reform. Maybe next season, Black Lightning can try to do something about the incarceration rates for young, African-American men.

In reaction videos, many people seem to think that nick names like LaLa and Two-Bits are too ridiculous. I don't see it that way. Most people I know get nick names that are silly. That's why they're nick names--other people decide for you what your nick name is going to be. And the names tell us something about where these characters stood in the hierarchy. LaLa and Two-Bits are small timers. Lady Eve isn't a small timer and her nick name shows that.

Not really sure how I feel about Black Lightning after 3 episodes. Anissa's training montage was kinda cringey as well as her break up with her GF. I feel this show works best being about a principal trying to help troubled youth a la Freedom Writers rather than a superhero show. Though it does fall into common tropes like Khalil using his talent to "run my black ass out the hood." similar to Ricky in Boyz N Da Hood.

I did not catch the latest episode yet though.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The Two Bits thing with him wanting a selfie with Black Lightning cracked me up!
    That was hilarious. 'Before you knock me out can you...'
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Inspired by THE OUTSIDERS comic book we saw last week, I have an idea how BLACK LIGHTNING can be referenced in the Arrowverse but yet not be incuded.

On THE FLASH, we find out that Joe's favourite new TV show is BLACK LIGHTNING, when Vibe is over to the house one night. Cisco gets zapped by the TV which causes him to vibe the world of BL.

The STAR team realize this is an alternate Earth. However, when Cisco tries to breach onto this other Earth, he's stopped by Gypsy. She tells him there's a prime directive that no outsiders can contact this Earth--if they did, it would cause a whole mess of problems on the order of destroying the Multiverse as they know it.

So there's a Monitor system to ensure that no one breaches into this world.
    This sounds like an episode of Rick and Morty.