Page 36 of 119 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Glad the vice principal showed up again this episode. She was missing in the last one and had me feeling quite Pookie-ish.

HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

I think the statue thing was a bit cheesy "ripped from the headlines" stuff. And the whole killing somebody like Tobias is wrong thing is so damn tired. BL's soul will be shredded from killing Tobias really? That's that bullshit.

Anissa saved the day tho. That outfit those moves without her this ep would have really been bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I think the statue thing was a bit cheesy "ripped from the headlines" stuff. And the whole killing somebody like Tobias is wrong thing is so damn tired. BL's soul will be shredded from killing Tobias really? That's that bullshit.

Anissa saved the day tho. That outfit those moves without her this ep would have really been bad.
    Even if killing Tobias would be bad, presumably there are still open charges out on him, the type without statutes of limitations like murder... so Jefferson could have easily gone, fine, I'll beat him down to within an inch of his life and leave him for the cops. If the cops let him go, that's frustrating but tells BL a lot about the state of the PD's corruption. Luckily for Gambi's secrets, the situation at Lynn's lab went south at just the right time.

Speaking of which, I'm curious how this 'she was researching stuff that's forbidden' thing is supposed to work. Since presumably they can't publish a list of forbidden topics, does that mean every research lab in the world needs moles like Lynn's research assistant? Or just ones in and around Freeland where they're likely to come across evidence of the ASI experiments? Either way, wouldn't that wide a circle be more likely to result in exposure of the secrets?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    From the sounds of it, Khalil will be given the same serum that gave Tobias his powers. He might end up being a supervillain after all.
    And then will switch sides once he learns Tobias was the one who shot him.

He's a good young man who is simply broken and in a hard place right now. Tobias is taking advantage of that. I doubt it'll be a permanent turn given who Khalil is, but at least he'll get powers out of the deal.

Gambi has really is playing all sides. I wonder what's he's trying to achieve.
    I'm wondering if Gambi is Tobia's father. He knows what kind of man he is (hence why he was strapped when Tobias paid him a visit) but at the same time doesn't want him dead, least of all by his son surrogate Jefferson.

Retired

I think that Jefferson has killed before, but probably always in the midst of a fight. It would be different if he ambushed Whale and killed him from behind. The answer is to offer a challenge to Tobias and arrange to meet in a certain place where they can fight to the death. Whale wants to kill Black Lightning, too. That's probably what happened the first time, when they thought they killed each other.

I think that Khalil doesn't have a severed spine. Tobias got to the doctors and faked the results. But he's going to give a drug to Khalil and tell him it will make him walk, so he thinks Whale cured him. But the drug will have other side effects.

It seems like Peter and Eve (Evelyn) were working for the A.S.A., which was some kind of secret government agency--which was also doing experiments on people to create super-soldiers. They both got out of the agency--Gambi to do something better with his life and maybe make up for the A.S.A.'s bad acts; and Lady Eve to use this science for her own benefit. But like with all the spy stories, you can never really retire and the agency has a hold over both of them.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    From the sounds of it, Khalil will be given the same serum that gave Tobias his powers. He might end up being a supervillain after all.

Gambi has really is playing all sides. I wonder what's he's trying to achieve.
    Do you think if Khalil does become a supervillian, it will based off of one from the comic books or created just for the show?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

I'm wondering if Gambi is Tobia's father. He knows what kind of man he is (hence why he was strapped when Tobias paid him a visit) but at the same time doesn't want him dead, least of all by his son surrogate Jefferson.
    Do wha? Tobias killed his like dad last episode.

Retired

If Khalil is really a paraplegic and he gets powers and turns into a super-villain, I think that would turn people off. It's bad enough when they have a paraplegic hero-figure walk again because of some wonder cure. This show is all about giving representation to the disenfranchised. You can't get more disenfranchised than paraplegic people. That's why I think the audience will find out that Khalil was never paralyzed in the first place, so they will go along with the dark direction of his story.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I think the statue thing was a bit cheesy "ripped from the headlines" stuff.
    The question I had watching the episode was: where is Freeland located? Is it in the South?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The question I had watching the episode was: where is Freeland located? Is it in the South?
    From the first episode, I've never doubted it's in the South. But I don't think the issues the stories raise are limited to the South by any means, which I think is why there has been some vagueness around the location.

Ultimate Member

If Gambi is anyone's dad I thought that it would be the lady that's always with Tobias...

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    From the first episode, I've never doubted it's in the South. But I don't think the issues the stories raise are limited to the South by any means, which I think is why there has been some vagueness around the location.
    What you say makes sense, though a Confederate statue outside of the South would be kind of weird.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    And Jefferson's MuthaF?! reaction when he realized it was his daughter he was fighting. I rewound and watched the whole thing a couple times, from when she goes into her mother's office and takes
    down the two punks. So she's bulletproof in addition to having super strength, and she wears blue. Interesting. Also like how she demolished the racist statue after it caused somebody to get killed.
    Wasn't the death AFTER they vandized it and those white ppl were protesting it?

BTW a statue doesnt make ppl kill,ppl kill ppl

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Even if killing Tobias would be bad, presumably there are still open charges out on him, the type without statutes of limitations like murder... so Jefferson could have easily gone, fine, I'll beat him down to within an inch of his life and leave him for the cops. If the cops let him go, that's frustrating but tells BL a lot about the state of the PD's corruption. Luckily for Gambi's secrets, the situation at Lynn's lab went south at just the right time.

Speaking of which, I'm curious how this 'she was researching stuff that's forbidden' thing is supposed to work. Since presumably they can't publish a list of forbidden topics, does that mean every research lab in the world needs moles like Lynn's research assistant? Or just ones in and around Freeland where they're likely to come across evidence of the ASI experiments? Either way, wouldn't that wide a circle be more likely to result in exposure of the secrets?
    I mean I get Tobias has to stay alive for the show. I just think they should have handled it differently. I'm thinking big brother is just watching the computer research in those labs and some kind of red flag goes off, when they touch on a hot topic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I think the sentiment behind it was right but that tragedy is just too fresh to reference in a t.v show imo. I always thought of Freeland as somewhere like Chicago but I guess it could be the South.