Page 39 of 119 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    And then we learned Lady Eve is a body jumper,
    We did? I guess you need descriptive captioning to figure out what's really going on. I don't have that.

Although previous episodes set this up, I thought the end was a real left turn. It could change the series. The thing is, this show has consequences. If there are no consequences (like on the other shows) then that realism they strived to establish starts to fall apart.

But they've done so well with the series, I'm willing to trust they're way ahead of me on this.

Tobias really went through a lot of tragic turns in this episode.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 03-07-2018 at 12:16 AM.

That twist though!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Zombie LaLa
    I'll take it I guess didn't expect him back in season 1 though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Not someone the guy who he watched kill his father and is actively trying to kill him- again. Same guy who heads up the gang who kidnapped his daughters and sells drugs to kids that make them go crazy and o.d. If killing someone like that is crossing the line...well BL might as well retire. The ambush thing was contrived just to make BL look bad.
    Yes I thought the Charlotte reference was a little cheap. I watch the show because I like it and im giving it a chance.
    If you think killing someone like that without due process is good, then I think you have some serious personal reflection to do.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would expect Henderson would know Black Lightning better than seemingly kill a pillar of the community. BL probably didn't even know she was a villain. It sucks she's gone as I enjoyed Jill Scott on this show.

I'm curious about zombie Lala. He gotta be powered by the people he killed and have tattoos of them?

Retired

Given the popularity of the character and the actress, if they were going to kill Lady Eve in this season then I didn't think it would happen until near the end. However, with what we know now, I predict this isn't the last we've seen of Jill Scott.

Of course, they're past the half-way point now, so the bodies will be dropping left and right.

Incredible Member

Second season I hope the Outsiders appear. Metamorpho would be awesome.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    If you think killing someone like that without due process is good, then I think you have some serious personal reflection to do.
    I think the show has made clear due process doesn't work in BL's world. If it did Whale would most likely already be dead.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

No, no, I'm lost again.

I'm still confused how Lynn was cool on having Anssia being a hero.

Jefferson is right, he is a hypocrite; he's doing what Gambi is doing: lying to Jennifer to protect her.

Did anyone else catch the name of the company on the news? Christopher Smith of PAX? As in Christopher Smith Peacemaker? Is this the Earth that has Charlton Comics characters in the dimension? If it is, it supports my theory that the man in the video Anssia saw on the web is Vic Sage (The Question).

Or maybe Chistopher Smith is going to be the Ted Kord of this Earth.

I have no idea what happened in the last scene. Unless Papa Midnite traveled to their dimension.

It'll be interesting to see how Jefferson and Anissa's relationship develops now that she knows he's Black Lightning. It's going to be harder for him to preach non-violence and peaceful solutions as Jefferson Pierce when he's also training her to bust up skulls and kick butt as Black Lightning.

I seriously wonder how long they'll be able to keep Jennifer out of the loop now that 3/4 of the family are in on the whole Superhero double-life thing. I'm also curious if they'll get around to testing whether Jennifer might have powers...

I was wondering to myself how Tobias could ever possibly stand up to Black Lightning, but it seems he's actually a pretty good fighter, not that it helped him much when Black Lightning zapped him during their long-awaited confrontation.

What an inglorious end for Joey Toledo. Given the way Tobias and his sister reacted to his death, it seemed like Toledo was actually pretty close to the Whale siblings beyond being Tobias' right-hand man, or at least he had a lot of history with them.

I don't think Gambi is ever going to be able to lecture Jefferson about killing after he basically assassinated Joey Toledo, though I guess that's the "experience" he was referring to when told Jeff why he doesn't want him to be a killer.

The "Shadow Board?" They're who Lady Eve works for, who seem to have Gambi in their employ, and are using Tobias? I wonder if they're connected to the agency Gambi and Eve worked with?

So Gambi is finally making Anissa's suit, though I wonder how long before they finally coin her codename as Thunder?

It's nice to see the show remembers that Grace exists.

I wonder if Jeff blames his obsession with getting Tobias for him running half-cocked into that club and getting Tobias' sister killed? No way does Tobias let that lie down.

I did not expect them to kill off Lady Eve like that, especially given her connection to Gambi, that there's still a lot we don't know about her, and that she hadn't even encountered Black Lightning yet. I wonder if this is a sign that the show doesn't pull it's punches when it comes to character deaths or that her own resurrection might be in the cards?

I was wondering where the heck Tobias' men got those laser guns from, but I also found it interesting that they seemed to be shooting out lighting like Black Lightning does. Then the episode capped off with the public believing Black Lightning was the one who killed Lady Eve and it all made sense.

I wasn't expecting Lala to come back, let alone alive, in a hotel room, and being haunted by LaWanda's ghost that then branded his body. What the heck is going on ?

The only thing I can think of is that Tobias did something to Lala's body, or Lady Eve did, maybe gave him the serum? But why would Tobias revive the guy who he killed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm curious about zombie Lala. He gotta be powered by the people he killed and have tattoos of them?
    Maybe they're making Lala into some variant of the Tattooed Man?

I quite like the theory that Lala is Bloodwynd. Would explain the resurrection. I also don't know what to expect anymore, and that's exciting! Meta-humans and supernatural elements definitely exist in this universe, but it's done in a better way than any of the other Arrowverse shows!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I quite like the theory that Lala is Bloodwynd. Would explain the resurrection. I also don't know what to expect anymore, and that's exciting! Meta-humans and supernatural elements definitely exist in this universe, but it's done in a better way than any of the other Arrowverse shows!
    I wouldn't say it's better then the other Arrowverse shows, it just handles the concept and implementing it differently.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe they're making Lala into some variant of the Tattooed Man?
    Tattooed Man was exactly who I was thinking about when I saw that scene. He'll be a variant original to the show.

Retired

Giving it some more thought, I think her own death was part of Lady Eve's plan. She wanted to throw Tobias off his game and draw him out, that's why she had Joey Toledo killed. She knew that would push Whale to go against the Shadow Board and come after her. She couldn't have been surprised, which means the ambush was something she anticipated.

So either she didn't actually get killed (she shook it off) and that body was some extra stiff she had laying around in her morgue or she has the power to resurrect herself.

I didn't want Lady Eve permanently dead if nothing else but for the fact she had great hair.