Page 49 of 119 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Is Khalil Static Shock?
    Clever way to introduce him if that was the writers intention

Episode eleven was oh so good. Looks like everything's on the table for the finale.

Was Khalil our introduction to the character Painkiller???

Khalil Payne...Painkiller... Yes. Yes he was. Good job Black Lightning writers.
    Last edited by Iconic; 04-10-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Is Khalil Static Shock?
    No. The two characters have nothing in common other than being high school kids with dreads. He's just "Static", btw...Static Shock was the name of his show.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Episode eleven was oh so good. Looks like everything's on the table for the finale.

Was Khalil our introduction to the character Painkiller???

Khalil Payne...Painkiller... Yes. Yes he was. Good job Black Lightning writers.
    Maybe Khalil is a Mantis shout out. Anyone else remember him? Lol

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I didn't think Khalil would be dumb enough to attack the school without concealing his identity. He locked himself into the criminal life now.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    No. The two characters have nothing in common other than being high school kids with dreads. He's just "Static", btw...Static Shock was the name of his show.
    I mentioned because he said he felt electricity on his feet when he got that implant. But the painkiller theory is more sound cause he does look like that comic book character and puts people to sleep.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I looked up Painkiller and Khalil certainly looks like a young version of him. Never heard of him before admittedly but given how little I know about Black Lightning and his stories it's a given.

I figured they'd go the route of having Khalil be slowly built up into Jakeem/JJ Thunder since even in the comics Jakeem's not actually named that so his secret identity name didn't matter much. Between the dreads and him being in love with Lightning err Jennifer I figured he was a shoo in for that role but I was pretty clearly mistaken. Though there's nothing stopping Khalil from being a mix of characters like a lot of other DC show characters are.

Incredible Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Huh. I watched it live and I thought the cut was just deep and dark. Didn't think there was supposed to be something to see there.

BANNED

Looking like a great setup to the season finale, though I hope there's not much actually resolved. Do have two minor gripes though.

Turning Fowley all ASA just seems like the first really bad move the show has made. Doesn't sit right with me. I guess it just seems terribly forced.

And I haven't seen that much swinging at the air since Revenge of the Sith.

Retired

Black Lightning and Thunder should never split up in a fight. They do much better by supporting each other. And why doesn’t BL zap people in the head? Wouldn’t that be the easiest way to take them out? Or is he scared that would kill them?

It’s sad to see Khalil as this cardboard thug character, when he was so well developed earlier in the season. And I didn’t like how LaLa turns weak in front of Whale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Black Lightning and Thunder should never split up in a fight. They do much better by supporting each other. And why doesn’t BL zap people in the head? Wouldn’t that be the easiest way to take them out? Or is he scared that would kill them?

It’s sad to see Khalil as this cardboard thug character, when he was so well developed earlier in the season. And I didn’t like how LaLa turns weak in front of Whale.
    Headshots are pretty difficult to make. Especially for untrained marksmen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Headshots are pretty difficult to make. Especially for untrained marksmen.
    He was at point blank range. His hand was (or could have been) physically on the guy's face at various times.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah I agree the obvious head shot not taken was a flaw. It does make sense Syonide is meta somehow because she was going toe to toe with Thunder- unless Thunder was really holding back.

I do hope Khalil has some redemption and doesn't get wasted as another villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

That's not simply Lala turning weak. He's being controlled by the phrase "the devil deals the cards" that Tobias used. He used it on him twice.