Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Was that more green light in that briefcase Tobias opened?

Ultimate Member

Guess now we know that the lady with Tobias is not Gambi's kid or anything like that...or if he even has one...

Fantastic finale. Especially loved the power up scene. Kudos to the cast and crew of this amazing series.

Astonishing Member

Well. That was...boring.

Nice character moments but yeah. Didn't really feel like a season finale or even much of a conclusion.

Tobias built himself up nicely in the end taking out Eve and Proctor but given it wasn't really by his own doing it might make him seem wily but not exactly a threat that's really credible.

And the apparent explanation of LaLa's resurrection and his visions is just really unsatisfying. I guess he's dead now too? For good? Maybe? *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Fantastic finale. Especially loved the power up scene. Kudos to the cast and crew of this amazing series.
    Possible spoilers. Read no further if you haven't seen the episode yet.

It almost felt like a series finale except for the final scene with Tobias. spoilers:
    Everyone from ASA being killed off, including Proctor.
    end of spoilers I guess the producers were hedging their bets as to whether it would get a second season and maybe
    the Tobias scene would be removed in the final cut. But with Tobias still in charge looks like more fun for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Was that more green light in that briefcase Tobias opened?
    Kryptonite? That would be kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Well. That was...boring.

Nice character moments but yeah. Didn't really feel like a season finale or even much of a conclusion.

Tobias built himself up nicely in the end taking out Eve and Proctor but given it wasn't really by his own doing it might make him seem wily but not exactly a threat that's really credible.

And the apparent explanation of LaLa's resurrection and his visions is just really unsatisfying. I guess he's dead now too? For good? Maybe? *shrug*
    Tobias didn't take out Proctor. Gambi did.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

We ended up with Tobias Whale, Syonide, Lady Eve, Painkiller and The Tattooed Man as a rogues gallery. Throw in Jimmy Toledo. None of them were one-off villains of the week which I find was rather impressive. They didn't skimp on development either.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Tobias resurrected Lala just to kill him again? At least he confirmed our suspicion of Lala being tattooed man before dying again.

Nice to see Syonide act like a character for once after being scenery for the entire season. It didn't take long for Khalil to embrace villainy. I feel for his mom.

I'm looking forward to season 2. I would like to see the city open up rehabilitation for the metas. Being treated like a science experiment for 30 years will not be kind to the psyche. Maybe the show will remember Grace.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I know it's a super hero show, so we are subjected to plenty of cheese, but I dunno, just that finale ep they seem to really jump off in it, so that feel of the episode was kind of off putting. Curious to see where a second season goes, how many episodes it is and the family dynamic and what kind of conflicts and progressions the writers can craft with that

Extraordinary Member

Really satisfying finale action packed and a lot of character moments. Liked the BP moment between Jeff and his Dad. Doubt we've seen the last of LaLa if so that was a waste of a good character.

I love the show and how flippant it is with its introduction to super powers
    In Black Lightning all it takes is a million dollars to resurrect someone like LaLa again and again
    In fact you don't really have true metahumans as all the powers are tied to science and tech in some way
    Hope next season is even longer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Tobias didn't take out Proctor. Gambi did.
    Which is kinda my point. Even Tobias rising to the top doesn't really mean anything anymore due to the finale. Proctor and presumably Lady Eve having no ties to the ASA makes both of them pretty inconsequential.

Lady Eve? Apparently amazing but quickly killed off. Same with Proctor who Gambi killed off. Without ties to a real shadowy organization the two and their apparent stature as we now know, means nothing.

Mighty Member

Salim Akil says that what's in the briefcase is a part of DC comics mythology. Whatever it is, it's definitely not kryptonite.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Am really enjoying the series and the suits for Black Lightning and Thunder are AWESOME.
    Am wondering if Lightning will be getting a suit. Did her comic book character ever have one? *cannot remember at the moment*