Page 52 of 119 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lois View Post
    Am wondering if Lightning will be getting a suit. Did her comic book character ever have one? *cannot remember at the moment*
    She didn't have a suit, rather a transformation.

lightning.jpg

Ultimate Member

I don't know if they do that on the show (might eat up quite a bit of the CGI/effects budget if they tried).

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    She didn't have a suit, rather a transformation.

lightning.jpg
    Ah, goes Super Saiyan 3. Gotcha.

Retired

Even though it was a good first season, it seemed uneven in which direction they were going. Maybe when they wrote the first five episodes, they didn’t yet know how many in total would be ordered for the season.

They never circled back to Grace Choi. Which is odd for a series which is supposed to represent the underrepresented. LEGENDS wound up being the show to give the greatest representation for the greatest variety of people.

It was so rushed at the end, I didn’t know what happened. I had to think it through and guess what went down. But next season, Uncle Gambi will have to take the family out for a walk to recap what happened for real.

Hahahaaha!
    It only cost 1 million dollars to bring someone back to life, but it cost billions to make someone walk again. Pure comic book awesome.

And I kinda wish Tobias had mourned his sister for even a second...old news but I remember.

• Surprised it took this long to do a jab against make "America Great Again". Then again, the actor playing Proctor did play a Trump expy on Scandal.
    • The Pierces still don't know Gambi was working with Lady Eve. I feel that will bite him next season.
    • spoilers:
      Did anyone feel tempted to make a Pulp Fiction joke when Whale opened the suit case?
      end of spoilers
    • I can’t help but feel this was a missed opportunity to have Henderson discover who BL is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Hahahaaha!
    It only cost 1 million dollars to bring someone back to life, but it cost billions to make someone walk again. Pure comic book awesome.

And I kinda wish Tobias had mourned his sister for even a second...old news but I remember.
    Um, he did. We saw him break down when his sister was killed. Hell, it's why he was mad at the guy who pulled him out but didn't save his sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    • Surprised it took this long to do a jab against make "America Great Again". Then again, the actor playing Proctor did play a Trump expy on Scandal.
    • The Pierces still don't know Gambi was working with Lady Eve. I feel that will bite him next season.
    • spoilers:
      Did anyone feel tempted to make a Pulp Fiction joke when Whale opened the suit case?
      end of spoilers
    • I can’t help but feel this was a missed opportunity to have Henderson discover who BL is.

Um, he did. We saw him break down when his sister was killed. Hell, it's why he was mad at the guy who pulled him out but didn't save his sister.
    I only saw a few episodes, but did jefferson even know lady eve existed? She seemed like an extraneous character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Even though it was a good first season, it seemed uneven in which direction they were going. Maybe when they wrote the first five episodes, they didn’t yet know how many in total would be ordered for the season.

They never circled back to Grace Choi. Which is odd for a series which is supposed to represent the underrepresented. LEGENDS wound up being the show to give the greatest representation for the greatest variety of people.
    I do sadly have to agree with this. As consistently good as each episode was, the overall structure of the season was a mess. Because of that I think Legends season 3 takes the crown for best Arrowverse season to date.

And yeah, definitely a disappointment Grace never came back. Hopefully the actress will buff up a bit in time for season 2.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I was thinking the same thing.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

• spoilers:
      end of spoilers

Piereces didn't find out about Ms. Rowley being the spotter. I'm to curious to know what direction she'll go in now that the rogue operation is shut down.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Salim Akil says that what's in the briefcase is a part of DC comics mythology. Whatever it is, it's definitely not kryptonite.
    Cool.

Hahahaaha!

My 'conspiracy theory' is that Papa Midnite somehow traveled to Black Lightning's dimension and Tobias hired him.

Makes you wonder why Tobias didn't bring Tori back to life, however to me, it makes sense if Papa Midnite was the resurrection project, but that's me and my small weird opinion.

I wish we got more information on the guy who made the video Anissa saw and started her investigation. Another 'conspiracy theory' is that was Vic Sage and this is Charlton Comics dimension (still can't believe NO ONE ELSE noticed Christopher Smith/Peacemaker bit)

My hope that next season the subjects will become the Outsiders and then we'll get more of Grace.

I wonder what's going to happen to Ms Rowely . . .

I was disappointed that they didn't expand on whom Lynn was talking about to help the subjects; that was bad editing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I don't know if they do that on the show (might eat up quite a bit of the CGI/effects budget if they tried).
    It'd probably look dumb as hell.

Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome look in Kingdom Come/JSA, but costumes in comics don't always translate into live action. Gotta be a million examples of that by now, lol

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I only saw a few episodes, but did jefferson even know lady eve existed? She seemed like an extraneous character.
    Yes he did. Everyone knew of Lady Eve. The problem is the public didn't know she was actually dirty.

Think of her as a sort of Black Mariah (Luke Cage series version) who was just never outed for corruption and a whole lot more sadistic.

That was cool seeing the Pierces and Gambi all unite in what could be their last stand. BL and Thunder continue to be awesome, and even Lynn and Jennifer joining the fight. And then an awkward race to the end of the season, tying some things up, leaving some things open, and ignoring some plot points that should've been shown.

Lala was definitely wasted. He was no match for Whale because of the brainwashing, but I would've thought he would try to get around his programming somehow, but he never got that chance. Proctor's days were obviously numbered given the entire family showed up to confront him, which was kind of reckless when you think about it. That scientist did see Lynn and Jennifer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Salim Akil says that what's in the briefcase is a part of DC comics mythology. Whatever it is, it's definitely not kryptonite.
    Okay, so a Green Lantern ring then. Wait, Lynn's brother isn't actually John Stewart, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

It was so rushed at the end, I didn’t know what happened. I had to think it through and guess what went down. But next season, Uncle Gambi will have to take the family out for a walk to recap what happened for real.
    They'll probably have to do some kind of recap just to show what the Pierces were doing at the end. The season's pacing was the worst thing about the show, and I think Anissa is the perfect example of that. They wanted to build her up as an activist, show her love life dealing with her break-up and meeting Grace, but they also knew they wanted her as Thunder in costume and didn't seem to have time for all those stories.

[*]Surprised it took this long to do a jab against make "America Great Again". Then again, the actor playing Proctor did play a Trump expy on Scandal.
    Proctor was super evil, too. I get them wanting to show a villain we really want to see defeated so they can beat someone by the end of the season, but next season, I expect more from the guys Jeff has to face.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I was disappointed that they didn't expand on whom Lynn was talking about to help the subjects; that was bad editing.
    I wonder if there was a cut scene or if they're saving that for next season or what?

BANNED

The end-of-season-picking-apart-a-great-show is the worst part of any thread on these boards.

Lala wasted? We don't know he's not returning. It's a comic book show.

Uneven season? Bull.

Not everything was cleared up? Fantastic! Bring on season 2!

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The end-of-season-picking-apart-a-great-show is the worst part of any thread on these boards.

Lala wasted? We don't know he's not returning. It's a comic book show.

Uneven season? Bull.

Not everything was cleared up? Fantastic! Bring on season 2!
    It was a strong season, don't get me wrong, but that doesn't mean it was perfect. Most of Lala's scenes post-resurrection where either with characters we'd never see again or ghosts of dead people. He had one scene with Whale and no scenes with Jeff. That feels like a waste (although if he does come back, my opinion may change).

And I've always said Anissa's story had pacing issues, in that it felt like they rushed her to become Thunder without exploring the idea she could do good without becoming a costumed hero and then not even bringing up any aspect of her love life after devoting time to it early on.