Page 53 of 119 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Well that.....felt more like a penultimate episode than a finale.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Has the idea of a character's power actually being a physical "addiction" ever been touched upon prior to this?
    Hourman's Miraclo was retconned into an addictive substance in Thomas' All-Star Squardon, and it stayed that way from there on. Addiction was also an underlying component of The Phoenix corruption in the original writing of The Uncanny X-Men; that "alien entity takes over" stuff came later. Those are the only clear cut examples I can think of, although several characters (Captain America in particular) have been written as being addicted to the life, if not to their powers.

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

My wife and I were just at the Great Philadelphia Comic Con -- https://www.philadelphiacomiccon.com/ -- the main cast of BL were there... to a person they were all wonderful... but China Anne McClain (Jennifer) deserves special props... We watched her go out of her way to help a few special kids feel special by spending extra time with them, and it was obvious what it meant to these kids ... Kindness seemed effortless to her...She was extraordinarily kind to everyone.... in short, she is an absolute angel

Also... Ms. McClain had the longest line for autographs in the entire Con.... including, Mike Coulter (Luke Cage)....

Quote Originally Posted by Martini Sigil View Post
    My wife and I were just at the Great Philadelphia Comic Con -- https://www.philadelphiacomiccon.com/ -- the main cast of BL were there... to a person they were all wonderful... but China Anne McClain (Jennifer) deserves special props... We watched her go out of her way to help a few special kids feel special by spending extra time with them, and it was obvious what it meant to these kids ... Kindness seemed effortless to her...She was extraordinarily kind to everyone.... in short, she is an absolute angel

Also... Ms. McClain had the longest line for autographs in the entire Con.... including, Mike Coulter (Luke Cage)....
    I remember first watching her in Descendants 2 and really enjoying her turn as Uma. She's really great as Jennifer

Boisterously Confused

As much as Team Lightning spends on iPhones, wouldn't both The NSA and Apple (and possibly Google and Facebook) have the whole bag on them?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Okay not only was Anissa's line about Khalil hypocritical given how quickly Anissa dumped her ex for Grace once she got powers, it doesn't even make any sense given the situation - Khalil was the one who ended the relationship and Jennifer was utterly devoted to him to the point of giving up track to help him.
    Nonetheless, the bickering was real sister talk. Squabbling sibs take it one mean step too far all the time.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I think this show should be nominated for an emmy or something it's that good. Jeff's crucifixion was painful to watch but it made his exoneration at the end that much more satisfying. Good to see the Inspector stepping up too.
    Stepping up to Deputy Chief in fact.
    There was something of an edge to that. Henderson's statement to himself that "yeah, I do" [know how this town works], had some eyebrow-furrowing undertones to it. It almost makes you think Henderson'd been waiting for an opportunity to drop a hammer on the DC, and take his job.

Is that because he's a good cop, who wanted a bad one out, or for more sinister reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    There was something of an edge to that. Henderson's statement to himself that "yeah, I do" [know how this town works], had some eyebrow-furrowing undertones to it. It almost makes you think Henderson'd been waiting for an opportunity to drop a hammer on the DC, and take his job.

Is that because he's a good cop, who wanted a bad one out, or for more sinister reasons?
    When Henderson was spying on the corrupt cop he said "I always knew you were dirty," so I imagine he was either planning to expose him at some point or was, until now, powerless to do anything about it until he got involved with Black Lightning again.

Finally watched the season finale. This show is not great by any stretch of the imagination, but for a cw superhero show it is entertaining enough. Hopefully they keep future seasons the same length. The writing could definitely stand to improve; some characters were wasted (Lady Eve) and some just made no sense (there was zero point in bringing La La back to life just to kill him right back off, lol).
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Retired

I feel like, if the actors want to come back, then both Lady Eve and LaLa will return. Both characters have a connection to the supernatural and both have unfinished business.

Whale practically promised that there were more wonders in store if LaLa stayed among the living and killed more people—his whole body covered with their faces.

And we just got the tip of the iceberg for Lady Eve. There are great depths to explore.

On the other hand—when it began, BLACK LIGHTNING seemed completely different from the other CW super-hero shows, yet with each new episode it became more and more like all the others. If deaths don’t count, then it becomes hard to distinguish it from the rest.

The show is casting a "flurry of fresh faces," including:

- Dr. Jace, an ally/villain to the Outsiders in the comics.

- A new girlfriend for Anissa (poor Grace ).

- A new principal for Garfield High.

I know he's a Milestone character, but am I the only one who wishes Static could appear in an episode of this?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I know he's a Milestone character, but am I the only one who wishes Static could appear in an episode of this?
    Static would be perfect for this show. A lot of milestone characters would.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The show is casting a "flurry of fresh faces," including:

- Dr. Jace, an ally/villain to the Outsiders in the comics.

- A new girlfriend for Anissa (poor Grace ).

- A new principal for Garfield High.
    The article refers to her as a "love interest". My guess is it'll be a love triangle situation.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Static would be perfect for this show. A lot of milestone characters would.
    In what role? Black Lightning already has a partner (with maybe a spare in the making).

I love Static, but I'd rather see a series of his own rather than a one-off or to see him relegated to a sidekick.