Page 54 of 119 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    In what role? Black Lightning already has a partner (with maybe a spare in the making).

I love Static, but I'd rather see a series of his own rather than a one-off or to see him relegated to a sidekick.
    I was just thinking Easter egg first, like one of the students at the school Black Lightning is a principal at is named Virgil and gets a static shock at the water fountain or something, just to amuse us fans, and then when the story hits the right place either next season or maybe season three have him be a big part of a two or three episode story arc. Maybe then spin it off into a Static series.

Retired

I think a bunch of other metas--related to the ones in Freeland--should be referenced as existing in Dakota City. First as an Easter egg, but with a view to introducing these Milestone metas in the future and possiblly giving them their own spin-off series (or a CW seed).

By establishing the Milestone characters in their own city, the creative rights can be shared between Milestone and DC when and if they get a series. I don't think they should exist in Freeland.

Mighty Member

New ‘Black Lightning’ Season 2 Characters Revealed

Perenna – a therapist, in her 40’s-50’s, is a meta human with powers of telepathy. She is immune to any feeling or situations, this is a real power player.

Zlovac – a cauasian man, in his 30’s. Working a day job as a read estate developer, he isn’t scared of getting his hands dirty when it comes to revenge and payback. This character is full of experiences and is multi-talented within the business arena.

Major Lowry – aged between 35-50, male and of any ethnicity. He’s also the Principal of Garfield High School. He is smart and brave and isn’t going to have any issues with taking over for Jefferson.

Dr. Jace – a 40-something Caucasian woman, this one is smart and works as a chemist. She is a highly manipulative villain, a sociopath? Only time will tell.

Zoe B – in her 20’s , a young woman is tech savvy and a social media expert, full of confidence.
    Last edited by Beantownbrown; 07-02-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Dr. Jace? Really? So maybe we'll finally get a live action version of Geo-Force.

Ultimate Member

My biggest fear is and will always be with this show, is that they pull from Black Lightning/Outsiders rogue gallery first and foremost.

IMO, they are not a great fit for this show. I don't need to see a live action, Force of July

Retired

It's strange that the other CW shows combined scenes from the previous season with new scenes that they've shot for their trailers, while BL only had scenes from the first season and didn't give any indication what's going to happen in season 2. Have they not begun shooting the new season yet?

New poster and some information on the second season

https://www.themarysue.com/black-lig...rittier-feels/

Mighty Member

Retired

What's the deal with super-heroes putting their costumes in specially lit display cases in their secret HQ--did these guys never hear of closets and hangers?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    What's the deal with super-heroes putting their costumes in specially lit display cases in their secret HQ--did these guys never hear of closets and hangers?
    Which approach is cooler, though, Jim?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Which approach is cooler, though, Jim?
    It's a thing...
    images.jpg

Retired

It's funny with both ARROW and BLACK LIGHTNING that they started out as these gritty crime dramas, but then they follow the rules of costumed super-heroes, putting costumes on display--which must be a bother when you want to quickly suit up, yet you have to fuss with getting it all off the display. How do dressers do it in the theatre (or on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE)? Do they have the parts of the costume broken down and put in order, so the actors can slip into them without delay?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    In what role? Black Lightning already has a partner (with maybe a spare in the making).

I love Static, but I'd rather see a series of his own rather than a one-off or to see him relegated to a sidekick.
    I love Static too, I followed him when he first came out, and know the difference between his powers and BL's (He's never been Black Lightning Jr for instance). All that said, though, this is one of the few times I wouldn't mind a black male sidekick, cause he'd be the sidekick to a black male hero. A sidekick's purpose is to someday either take the hero he's sidekicking for's place (Wally West) or become his own hero (Nightwing). If not Static, it could have been a made up character.

There's something about the optics of that that I think people want to see, and without being writers themselves people default to Static. Like I guessed when I first heard the show was even being created, we're getting great black female characterization and heroes, but unless BL himself somehow counts as 2 or more black men, what about that side of it? Rhetorical cause looking at who they added for season 2, they've answered that question.

It's funny with both ARROW and BLACK LIGHTNING that they started out as these gritty crime dramas, but then they follow the rules of costumed super-heroes, putting costumes on display--which must be a bother when you want to quickly suit up, yet you have to fuss with getting it all off the display. How do dressers do it in the theatre (or on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE)? Do they have the parts of the costume broken down and put in order, so the actors can slip into them without delay?
    Then you have people like Superman and Supergirl who just wear their costume all the time under their street clothes. Or Wonder Woman in the recent movie.