Page 6 of 119 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Man they pushing this hard with adds on Hulu. Im not sold on the actor yet but ill definetly be tuning in and giving it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Man they pushing this hard with adds on Hulu. Im not sold on the actor yet but ill definetly be tuning in and giving it a try.
    I wouldn't say Cress Williams has the typical Superhero body type or what you would expect from the lead in a Superhero show, but I think given Jefferson has been in retirement for nine years that it makes sense he wouldn't be in the shape he was in when he was in his Prime as Black Lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't say Cress Williams has the typical Superhero body type or what you would expect from the lead in a Superhero show, but I think given Jefferson has been in retirement for nine years that it makes sense he wouldn't be in the shape he was in when he was in his Prime as Black Lightning.
    Yea im not saying it wont work but im just not sold yet. Hopefuly the actual show changes that

Me too! I'm ready for this show. Is this going to be the Black Lightning thread for the premier tonight?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Me too! I'm ready for this show. Is this going to be the Black Lightning thread for the premier tonight?
    I assume so

BANNED

In the first act, it's clear why this is not in the Arrowverse. Inclusion there would be far too limiting to the direction this show is already taking.

First mention of "That fast guy in Central City" and this story loses 100% of its impact. This is a powerful start to a promising show.

---- aaaand the disappointing reference. Let's keep it at that.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 01-16-2018 at 07:31 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Jefferson's ex is pretty hot, FWIW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Is this the first time an actual albino has played an albino character

I was pretty down on this show but I was watching The Flash anyway so I tuned in. I'm interested, I like how it's started. I like the inclusion of the police brutality/the tension when the gang member showed up at the school. It's a different take on the traditional superhero; a guy that's been retired for nine years and one that's a school principal.

Mighty Member

Tobias Whale. Awesome!!!!

This show exceeded my expectations. Absolutely loved it. Cannot wait for next Tuesday!
    Last edited by Iconic; 01-17-2018 at 05:51 AM.

Not sure what the typical superhero body is but Cress Williams seems to be in pretty good shape if the jogging and shower scenes are anything to go by. I'll have to pay closer attention next time but he looks as big as Stephen Amell.

Either way, I really enjoyed the episode. There were moments where I was pissed off (like the scenes with the cops), moments where I was like damnnnn (the scene at the club) and there were moments where I was stunned (the scenes with his two daughters feel more natural than the usual CW fare).

I wonder if the woman at the ceremony with the "deep pockets" is going to be a major player going forward?

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

I liked the dark, gritty feel.
    Having not read the comic I don't know about his origin.
    Will they give us a series of flashbacks?
    I guess we will have to find out how he, and his daughter, got powers.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    In the first act, it's clear why this is not in the Arrowverse. Inclusion there would be far too limiting to the direction this show is already taking.

First mention of "That fast guy in Central City" and this story loses 100% of its impact. This is a powerful start to a promising show.

---- aaaand the disappointing reference. Let's keep it at that.
    They've made reference to other heroes, I don't see what the issue would be if it existed alongside Arrow or Flash, honestly

I have a feeling the other vigilantes will be heroes other than arrow or flash. If it is flash it could be Jay Garrik. I'd be fine with him existing on this earth. Btw both the daughters have powers. Plus we know Grace will show up so there is that. That said I'm not sure who else I'd like to see show up here.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"