Page 69 of 119 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1779
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Not to mention they will be down one member. Four metas were discovered at the clinic.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Not to mention they will be down one member. Four metas were discovered at the clinic.
    We already saw Windfall, IIRC.

I like the show and I love the Outsiders comic, but I hope they don't draw too much from it's mythos. It's not very suited for it, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I like the show and I love the Outsiders comic, but I hope they don't draw too much from it's mythos. It's not very suited for it, IMO
    Black Lightning doesn't make much of his own mythos to draw from. He was a major part of the Outsiders so I can see why the producers would draw from it.

Why do you think it isn't suited for it?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why do you think it isn't suited for it?
    Because the show addresses modern issues while BL's tenure on the team was largely during the Cold War era.

A little aged, don't you think?

Judd Winick's era is more modern, but too entrenched in comics and not socio-political issues. And frankly, never that well written. To be clear, I love the comic and I love the show, but I think the show would be better forging its own mythos. Especially if Looker is any indication of how they will proceed.

Because the show addresses modern issues while BL's tenure on the team was largely during the Cold War era.

A little aged, don't you think?

Judd Winick's era is more modern, but too entrenched in comics and not socio-political issues. And frankly, never that well written. To be clear, I love the comic and I love the show, but I think the show would be better forging its own mythos. Especially if Looker is any indication of how they will proceed.
    Given how obscure the Outsiders related characters are it would be very easy to change them to fit the show. I'm not familiar with comic Looker but I liked her as a villain in this show.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Given how obscure the Outsiders related characters are it would be very easy to change them to fit the show. I'm not familiar with comic Looker but I liked her as a villain in this show.
    I don't think the tone of the series would be helped by say, The Force of July or Duke of Oil. Just sayin'

I don't think the tone of the series would be helped by say, The Force of July or Duke of Oil. Just sayin'
    I thought they were building up to the Force of July with a lot of the government stuff in season 1.

Government conspiracy is a big part of the show. The Force of July is a no brainier.

Seeing what was done with Khalil, the Duke of Oil wouldn't be far off. He can fit the tone of the show if gentrification gets addressed.

Ultimate Member

Finally got around to watching the episode.

Damn, Whale's hacker buddy turned evil right quick, didn't he?

Finally got around to watching the episode.

Damn, Whale's hacker buddy turned evil right quick, didn't he?
    The hacker guy was full of himself before he had his grant taken from him. An ego stoke is all it would take to turn a guy like him evil.

This is a problem with these shows. Guys like Whale or Diaz have no trouble corupting people, even whole police forces become their private army, willing to kill or die for them. A lot of willful supension needed.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Man I hate to be that guy, but season 1 was better.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    A lot of us feel the same way.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    You are correct. So many dangling threads that haven't been picked up in a while. Grace, who's hiding me powers, and Anissa have patched things up offscreen apparently? Anissa stopped teaching at the school and is somehow a med student with time to volunteer, superhero, and go to parties? They hyped up the conflict between the one dimensional new principal and Jefferson only to not do anything meaningful with it. What happened with the surviving pod kids? They couldn't have cut the Jen/Khalil thing shorter? Tobias knows Jefferson is BL! Where is that going? What the hell even happened to make them each think they killed the other? Come on, show!!