Page 71 of 119 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1779

Cool Thatguy wins the thread with the Justified reference.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, Boyd Crowder, Tobias ain't. He grows in douche bag megatons each episode.

Also, if Khalil was finally willing to spill the beans, why weren't the cops there taking statements? Dying declaration and all that.
    Jefferson brings up it. For whatever reason they can't use his testimony but they are using it to get info on Tobias operation. Henderson house visit was apart of that.

Oh, that?

Easy fix.

Junior. The Second.

Boom, done.
    They might not even need to do that. Black Lightning is a separate continuity from Arrow. Just say this Brion Markov is a different version from the one we saw on Arrow.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    They referenced Markovia in this last episode. Doc. Jace appears in both BL and Young Justice. Could Geoforce or his sister be on the way?
    Probably not, but I really do think that we're overdue for the appearance of another hero. All things considered, people seem pretty chill when discussing metahumans
    I really hope they stay loyal to the comic books and do not do the same thing they did with Looker.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would like to see Geo-force show up but I don't know how he'll fit in the show.
    I've been thinking about that, and came up with something (Daydreaming keeps me sane at work).

Let's say there are assassins out for the royal Markovia family, and Prince Brion Markov is visiting the US for some sort of diplomatic mission. Maybe some of Dr. Jace's experimental subjects are the in assassin group and they will allow Dr. Jace to experiment on them again if Tobias kills Brion. Somehow Brion is separated from his group and ends up in Freeland.

That's just my small weird opinion.

Oh, that?

Easy fix.

Junior. The Second.

Boom, done.
    Perfect!

They could try inventing some new White characters that aren't awful human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I really hope they stay loyal to the comic books and do not do the same thing they did with Looker.

I've been thinking about that, and came up with something (Daydreaming keeps me sane at work).

Let's say there are assassins out for the royal Markovia family, and Prince Brion Markov is visiting the US for some sort of diplomatic mission. Maybe some of Dr. Jace's experimental subjects are the in assassin group and they will allow Dr. Jace to experiment on them again if Tobias kills Brion. Somehow Brion is separated from his group and ends up in Freeland.

That's just my small weird opinion.

Perfect!
    I just remembered that this version of Jace has a son. Maybe Brion can be her son? It'll give him a reason to be at Freeland.

Also, if Khalil was finally willing to spill the beans, why weren't the cops there taking statements? Dying declaration and all that.
    My thought exactly. Even if the information couldn't be used at trial, it would be helpful intel on Tobias.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I thought Lynn was way out of line in dealing with the doctor, who was only acting in an ethical and legal manner. She never said she had a court order, which means she didn't have a court order, requiring the turnover of Kalim. The doctor caved too quickly. There was no medical malpractice action. Kalil was on death's door. In order to prevail, they would have to show that he would have been saved by experimental procedures, which likely were not sanctioned by the FDA, and are likely illegal. As it turned out the experimental procedure couldn't have been used (but the doctor didn't know that). That whole sequence did not paint Lynn in a good light, at least in my eyes.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I thought Lynn was way out of line in dealing with the doctor, who was only acting in an ethical and legal manner. She never said she had a court order, which means she didn't have a court order, requiring the turnover of Kalim. The doctor caved too quickly. There was no medical malpractice action. Kalil was on death's door. In order to prevail, they would have to show that he would have been saved by experimental procedures, which likely were not sanctioned by the FDA, and are likely illegal. As it turned out the experimental procedure couldn't have been used (but the doctor didn't know that). That whole sequence did not paint Lynn in a good light, at least in my eyes.
    She leveraged her ADA muscle to get the doctor to back down. She got Khalil's mom to sign off on the experimental procedure. In a sense Lynn did things in a legal manner too. Her method was underhanded.

What about that teleporting guy, what if he's the preachers son and his dad called him to come to Freeland but he came to late to save his father. Now he's on a path of vengeance to get Tobias and will clash with BL and his team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She leveraged her ADA muscle to get the doctor to back down. She got Khalil's mom to sign off on the experimental procedure. In a sense Lynn did things in a legal manner too. Her method was underhanded.
    I think less 'underhanded' and more 'jerkish'. But then, she was there when a bunch of Pod kids were lost, so it's understandable.

Spectacular Member

Showrunner Salim Akil cleared of accusations

Obviously, I can’t confirm whether what he allegedly did is true or not but I do find it silly with them brushing it off because it was a personal thing, given that the past year has shown people losing their jobs for actions not related to the workplace. That being said, I do hope the cast and the rest of the crew aren’t hurt by what he apparently did.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    Showrunner Salim Akil cleared of accusations

Obviously, I can’t confirm whether what he allegedly did is true or not but I do find it silly with them brushing it off because it was a personal thing, given that the past year has shown people losing their jobs for actions not related to the workplace. That being said, I do hope the cast and the rest of the crew aren’t hurt by what he apparently did.
    It sounds like nobody on the show has had any problems with him, FWIW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It sounds like nobody on the show has had any problems with him, FWIW.
    That maybe true but some do act professionally when working while they act terrible outside of that. The investigations should be kept outside of the show since the allegations aren’t from the show. If true, I do believe he should be fired. The show is more than just him. I will repeat though: I can’t confirm nor deny. I’m in “trust but verify” mode. I genuinely hope this isn’t true. You don’t ever want an abuse allegation to be true.
    Last edited by FBarnhill; 01-31-2019 at 06:10 PM.

The show has been renewed for another season
    https://twitter.com/blacklightning/s...95133351600128