Page 75 of 119 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1779

I didn't hate this season but it really was all over the place. The extended number of episodes really did not help.

Also, is Whale still really on this "Black Lightning took Syonide from me" train?

spoilers:
    Please tell me Khalil isn't coming back. This is just taking one of the worst ideas from the other CW shows.
    end of spoilers

Agent Odell: Moment Killer.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-19-2019 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Look's like Tobias won't be appearing next season.
    If Tobias isn't dead he can still find a way to escape. Even death isn't an obstacle on this show.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Markovian War sounds cool.
    Agreed. Again, I really, really, really, really, really, hope they don't portray Prince Brion Markov as a villain. Turning heroes in comic books into villains on TV is more annoying to me than bringing the dead back to life. I'm okay if Prince Brion acts like a villain as an act, and later on the audience finds out he has a good heart.

So, where do we go to place bets on who the show is going to hire to play Geo-Force?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Agreed. Again, I really, really, really, really, really, hope they don't portray Prince Brion Markov as a villain. Turning heroes in comic books into villains on TV is more annoying to me than bringing the dead back to life. I'm okay if Prince Brion acts like a villain as an act, and later on the audience finds out he has a good heart.

So, where do we go to place bets on who the show is going to hire to play Geo-Force?
    The show doesn't need to turn Geo-force into a villain. Markovia does have its own baddies like Baron Bedlam. He's my bet on the character leading the Markovian War seeing how much this show is borrowing from the Outsiders.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The show doesn't need to turn Geo-force into a villain. Markovia does have its own baddies like Baron Bedlam. He's my bet on the character leading the Markovian War seeing how much this show is borrowing from the Outsiders.
    True, but ever since they made Looker into a villain in the show, my faith is shaken

Speaking about Looker, it would make more sense if she was in the third pod than Khalil, but that's my small weird opinion.

I wonder if we'll see more of the Masters of Disaster or a new version of them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    True, but ever since they made Looker into a villain in the show, my faith is shaken

Speaking about Looker, it would make more sense if she was in the third pod than Khalil, but that's my small weird opinion.

I wonder if we'll see more of the Masters of Disaster or a new version of them.
    No one seems to stay dead on this show. Even the Reverend came back and he was confirmed dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    No one seems to stay dead on this show. Even the Reverend came back and he was confirmed dead.
    And let's not even get started on Lala. Would the past two episodes have been any different were he not in them? Well, someone else would have had to have taken out Heatstroke, I suppose. But Lala's latest comeback doesn't seem to have amounted to much. All he seemed to do was just fill time.

As for Reverend Holt, I found it strange that for all the fuss made about how important he was in prior episodes, that after Cutter poisoned him he was more or less forgotten about. And now it turns out he survived that after all. Kind of strange.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Lynn giving the beat down to Dr. Jace was my favorite scene.
    Also like Jenn unfrosting the generator.
    Whale in prison. Hope he stays there all next season.
    Like see the Masters of Disaster in action, limited as it was. But why change Heatstroke from female to male?

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Lynn giving the beat down to Dr. Jace was my favorite scene.
    Also like Jenn unfrosting the generator.
    Whale in prison. Hope he stays there all next season.
    Like see the Masters of Disaster in action, limited as it was. But why change Heatstroke from female to male?
    I have to agree that Lynn's taking down Dr. Jace was very satisfying.

I also liked Anissa and Jennifer's commenting on the riot and the looter.

As for Tobias Whale, yes it seems he's been dominating the action a bit too much. Perhaps his being imprisoned in The Pit will be a good way of getting him away until it's time for him to return to causing trouble.

Not sure why the change to Heatstroke was made. But it looks like they killed him off in the finale, so I suppose there's a possibility he'll have a female successor.

Little late to the party, blame my countrys Netflix release for that.

This season was really all over the place. Too many plots that were superfluous (Looker, Lala, Grace), too much Tobias, and death really means literally nothing in this show. It takes the whole thing WAY further than any other comic book show, imO.

The finale was quite weak. Still, I do wanna see what comes in Season 3, I still like most of the characters.

While it always seemed obvious that Whale was more than human, I don't recall him ever being terms a meta before. Have they explained how he happens to be a meta?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    While it always seemed obvious that Whale was more than human, I don't recall him ever being terms a meta before. Have they explained how he happens to be a meta?
    If I recall in season 1 Gambi mentioned that Tobias has been injecting himself with a serum that gives him his abilities. I guess by the shows standards that counts him as a meta.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    If I recall in season 1 Gambi mentioned that Tobias has been injecting himself with a serum that gives him his abilities. I guess by the shows standards that counts him as a meta.
    Dunno about that, since Khalil was explicitly stated NOT to be a meta, despite being enhanced.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Dunno about that, since Khalil was explicitly stated NOT to be a meta, despite being enhanced.
    From what I recall, there are two classifications for superhumans in the Black Lightning series --- enhanced and metahuman. "Enhanced" are those who have their natural human abilities supplemented or augmented by some kind of physical alteration, and "metahumans" are those who've been altered on a fundamental genetic level that manifests as "superpowers." That said, I am not looking forward to the badness that is gonna ensue next season with Agent Odell knowing who the Pierces are and having that leverage over them. Will make for some fair drama, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

He had the strength of ten men and anti-aging formula (I assume so that they don't have to hire another actor in flashbacks?). They've mentioned several times that Whale ages slowly, 'cause viewers track that now for some reason.