Page 80 of 119 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1779
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    I don't understand what this show is doing with Grace or why I should be invested in her getting together with Anissa.
    It's obvious to me that Grace plot is not a priority for this show. It keeps keeps coming and going with little progression. It only pops up when they want Anissa involved with something outside the main plot.

Yeah, both Grace and Lala are really pointless elements of the show.

But at least they are not annoying, as Tobias is by now.

BANNED

I love this show!!!

Ultimate Member

Catching up on my DVR, but I'm not loving this season as much. Too much focus on the powers angle, not enough on minority metaphor, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's obvious to me that Grace plot is not a priority for this show. It keeps keeps coming and going with little progression. It only pops up when they want Anissa involved with something outside the main plot.
    Exactly. It seems like they feel obligated to deliver breadcrumbs of that story "arc" but are not actually invested. I feel bad for the actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, both Grace and Lala are really pointless elements of the show.

But at least they are not annoying, as Tobias is by now.
    I wish Lala had the actual comic tattoo man's powers but I get that it's probably a budget thing.

I don't get why they seem to have dropped the fact that Tobias knows Jefferson is Black Lightning after the debacle with Jennifer and Khalil.

Mighty Member

Odell's one heck of a manipulater.

Exactly. It seems like they feel obligated to deliver breadcrumbs of that story "arc" but are not actually invested. I feel bad for the actress.

I wish Lala had the actual comic tattoo man's powers but I get that it's probably a budget thing.

I don't get why they seem to have dropped the fact that Tobias knows Jefferson is Black Lightning after the debacle with Jennifer and Khalil.
    They also seemed to have turned Lala into full on immortal now.

Lynn becoming addicted to Green Light is kind of harsh in hindsight given that a season 1 flashback had her comparing Jefferson to a drug addict.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Catching up on my DVR, but I'm not loving this season as much. Too much focus on the powers angle, not enough on minority metaphor, IMO
    Really? I feel it's as present as ever, if not more so.

Granted I don't know if I would ever call it a metaphor given how much emphasis was placed on societal mistreatment of black people. Reverend Holt even mentioned that the Green Light crisis was just another excuse for the cops to harass, assault or kill black people.

The sad part is this is kind of accurate to the comics where the writer teased Grace's origin before it got revealed by another writer in Amazons Attack.

I expect it to come later when Jeff and Tobias confront each other again.

Carson has his own female equivalent? Is she a Meta too?

Why can't Firestorm and Black Lightning get along? But Lowry standing up to the ASA to keep them from taking the kid was probably his first standout moment on this show. Too bad it got him beat up .

I wonder if some of that Markovian footage was doctored somehow. I wouldn't put it past Odell and they brought up how "history is written by the victors."

Which bathroom were they smoking a bunt out of? Boys? Girls? I guess since it was two girls, it was probably the girls' restroom...

It completely slipped my mind that Anissa had never introduced Grace to her family. And apparently has also revealed to her about being Thunder/Blackbird off-screen.

I guess it's good to say that you love someone for their soul, and not their body, when they're a shape-shifter. Although it would probably be pretty awkward if they're having sex and Grace transforms into her old man or little girl forms...

I love how Gambi says the new suit is more advanced then anything he'd made because he's basically been working on a budget .

Odell has Lynn hooked on drugs and Jennifer in the palm of his hands. Are we going to see a Pierce family Civil War over the ASA?

Jennifer got a Phoenix moment at the end of the episode. Will we get Dark Phoenix next ?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In the words of Tali'Zorah when she and the rest of the Normandy crew learned the extent of The Illusive Man's plans to manipulate Shepard in Mass Effect 3: "He needs to die."

Who is "he," in this instance?

Odell. Getting someone hooked on Greenlight just to keep them a controllable asset is all kinds of crossing the line. Frankly, I want to see the entire Pierce family (counting Uncle Gambi and Khalil once his own personality reasserts itself over the brain chip) light him up for everything he's done once they discover the true extent of his manipulations and machinations. Of course, this is only four episodes in, so he's probably gonna rack up more reasons to be considered this series' most despicable villain before someone finally gets him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In the words of Tali'Zorah when she and the rest of the Normandy crew learned the extent of The Illusive Man's plans to manipulate Shepard in Mass Effect 3: "He needs to die."

Who is "he," in this instance?

Odell. Getting someone hooked on Greenlight just to keep them a controllable asset is all kinds of crossing the line. Frankly, I want to see the entire Pierce family (counting Uncle Gambi and Khalil once his own personality reasserts itself over the brain chip) light him up for everything he's done once they discover the true extent of his manipulations and machinations. Of course, this is only four episodes in, so he's probably gonna rack up more reasons to be considered this series' most despicable villain before someone finally gets him.
    Or he could just end up being this show's Amanda Waller, and continue to get off despite what he does.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Or he could just end up being this show's Amanda Waller, and continue to get off despite what he does.
    That would not be ideal, to say the least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I honestly don't see a scenario where he keeps his job if his occupation fails.

I really don't need Lynn to get powers. Hope they don't go that route.