Page 9 of 119 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I had literally no idea there was a song with "Black Lightning is Back" as lyrics. I have to track this song down .
    Let me know when you do; I'm curious as well!

So Jefferson first became Black Lightning for revenge against Tobias Whale but then eventually started shifting his mission to fighting general crime and other crime bosses. Reminds me a bit of Oliver's journey as Green Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's not often we start a Superhero show with the hero already well established and even retired, rather then showcasing their origin or them in their prime. It makes me wonder if they'll ever have flashbacks to Jefferson's origin or "Black Lightning Year One" at some point.
    I wouldn't mind flashbacks. It would be more appropriate than they did on Arrow.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Yea, yep. She's got a nice frame.
    British too.
    Now I need to hear her rocking a Brit accent.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    So Jefferson first became Black Lightning for revenge against Tobias Whale but then eventually started shifting his mission to fighting general crime and other crime bosses. Reminds me a bit of Oliver's journey as Green Arrow. mind flashbacks. It would be more appropriate than they did on Arrow.
    I would definitely love to see flashbacks, though not every episode like was the case on Arrow (though the early flashbacks on the latter show were very good).

BTW, the pilot was one of the best for a comic-book show, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Have to admit that I was quietly impressed by the first episode.
    The production values seem notably higher than Arrow, Flash or Legends. The acting is largely solid (except for the daughters) while the SFX and fight choreography are both definitely better than any other DC show.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Have to admit that I was quietly impressed by the first episode.
    The production values seem notably higher than Arrow, Flash or Legends. The acting is largely solid (except for the daughters) while the SFX and fight choreography are both definitely better than any other DC show.
    I actually thought the daughters were great. Most of the cast is great, outside of ol Raiden 2.0. I just can't get past that.

My only really cast issue at this point is Tobias. While he def has a look to him, I dunno, his voice, just ain't hard enough, if that makes any sense. If he had Mahershala Ali's voice maybe...

The daughters actually came off quite genuine. Everything about them from their style to their dialogue was true to form from my experience.

I found it refreshing that there wasn't any cheesy dialogue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I actually thought the daughters were great. Most of the cast is great, outside of ol Raiden 2.0. I just can't get past that.

My only really cast issue at this point is Tobias. While he def has a look to him, I dunno, his voice, just ain't hard enough, if that makes any sense. If he had Mahershala Ali's voice maybe...
    you understand that the character of Black Lightning has been around about 20+ years longer than Raiden (MK), right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I would definitely love to see flashbacks, though not every episode like was the case on Arrow (though the early flashbacks on the latter show were very good).

BTW, the pilot was one of the best for a comic-book show, IMO.
    I dont want flashbacks unless they are very very quick, like the shot of him in the tub bleeding

Retired

I hope that Tony Isabella and Trevor von Eeden are getting a lot of money for this.

I remember when BLACK LIGHTNING came out in the 1970s and I bought all the comics. Von Eeden was only sixteen. His art wasn't that great--but that might also be the fault of the inkers--however I was just impressed that he was so young and already working in the comics industry. A few years later, his art had improved mightily--which just goes to show if you give a guy a break and he gets a chance to practice his craft, his skills will improve.

A lof of the flashback stuff is like what I remember from the original comics. But I guess the situation with the daughters is taken from the early 2000s OUTSIDERS and other comics--who gets creative credit for them?

China Ann Mclain is really moving up in the world. First she's Ursula's daughter in Descendants II and now she's Black Lightning's daughter .

Im watching it tonight when i get home. Im curious the lead actor seem to have a weird body type. Does he look more capable in the finished product. Cause he doesnt look out of shape or weak he just looks weird in the trailers. Like his body type mixed with a weird posture iono cant put my finger on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Im watching it tonight when i get home. Im curious the lead actor seem to have a weird body type. Does he look more capable in the finished product. Cause he doesnt look out of shape or weak he just looks weird in the trailers. Like his body type mixed with a weird posture iono cant put my finger on it.
    I think he looks believable for the character of Jefferson Pierce on the show and looks surprisingly believable as Black Lightning once he gets going.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Given the nature of the establishment I'd be willing to bet money that the dude was there tricking, which is illegal.
    And since Black Lightning never checked, I guess we'll never know. Heaven forbid if it was just somebody stopping for the night with his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    you understand that the character of Black Lightning has been around about 20+ years longer than Raiden (MK), right?
    Yes.

I was referring to the guy who played Raiden in MK: Annihilation.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That was my issue when I first saw the trailers, how the costume looked on him, I mean i get he is not some super abbed out 20 year old, but he looks..I don't wanna say chubby...but something in the costume.