Page 96 of 119 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1779

Well, considering how much the show ended up focusing on him,this doesn't quite surprise me...

Although not sure how much from the comics you can pull for a Painkiller show, which I presume will be about Khalil traveling around and using his abilities while fighting off the Painkiller AI.

Probably film in Atlanta too, so might not crossover with the other Arrowverse shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, considering how much the show ended up focusing on him,this doesn't quite surprise me...

Although not sure how much from the comics you can pull for a Painkiller show, which I presume will be about Khalil traveling around and using his abilities while fighting off the Painkiller AI.

Probably film in Atlanta too, so might not crossover with the other Arrowverse shows.
    They'll probably end up creating new stories for the show rather than rely too much on the comics. They wouldn't be the first superhero series to do that.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

From what I can tell, the show created most of Painkillers material themselves. He wasn't much of a character in the comics.

Chantal Thuy is now a series regular on Black Lightning

https://deadline.com/2020/11/black-l...oi-1234613659/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They'll probably end up creating new stories for the show rather than rely too much on the comics. They wouldn't be the first superhero series to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    From what I can tell, the show created most of Painkillers material themselves. He wasn't much of a character in the comics.
    Yeah, they've definitely done more with Painkiller on the show than they did in the comics, I'm just wondering if there's anything from the comics they'll mine or if this will just be another Legends.
    Chantal Thuy is now a series regular on Black Lightning

https://deadline.com/2020/11/black-l...oi-1234613659/
    It's about time .

I hope she gets a suit...and that someone else remembers Ryan Choi exists .

They never knew what to do with Grace before. Hope that changes now.

Mighty Member

‘Black Lightning’ to End After Season 4

“Black Lightning” will end its run on The CW after its upcoming Season 4, Variety has learned.

“When we first started the ‘Black Lighting’ journey, I knew that Jefferson Pierce and his family of powerful Black Women would be a unique addition to the super hero genre,” series developer and executive producer Salim Akil said in a statement. “The love that Blerds and all comic book fans around the globe have shown this series over the past three seasons proved what we imagined, Black People Want To See Themselves in all their complexities.”

“Thank you to the phenomenal cast, writers and crew without whom none of this would’ve been possible,” he continued. “I’m incredibly proud of the work we’ve been able to do and the moments we’ve been able to create in bringing DC’s first African-American family of super heroes to life for the culture. I’m very grateful to Peter Roth, Warner Bros. TV, Mark Pedowitz, The CW Network and Greg Berlanti for their partnership and support of my vision at every step of this journey. While Season Four may be the end of one journey, I’m extremely excited to usher in a new chapter and continued collaboration with The CW as we tell the story of Painkiller.”

The Painkiller spin-off makes more sense now. I'm really glad they upgraded him instead of just being a guy who shoots poison darts. I hope some of the "BL" cast makes it over to the new show.

I wonder if they'll have Jefferson retire at the end. He deserves that much, though I was hoping to see him cross over with some of the other shows. Hopefully we'll get at least a BL/Flash teamup before it's over.

As I've found with all the CWverse shows. If they have an opportunity to create OCs and ignore anything from that horribly embarrassing source material called comics they are going to do it with a smile on their face.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Well, this was unexpected. I feel like the show was probably more relevant now than ever, but I guess the showrunners (possibly influenced by the ratings) felt like this was the time to end it and focus on making a successor in Painkiller.

I'm guessing Tobias will be the final villain.

The Pierce's are in the Arrowverse now so I guess we could possibly see guest appearances if the cast are willing to take a trip down to Vancouver, assuming they don't just guest star on Painkiller's show.

I was done with this after last season, but maybe I will tune in to see how they end it. Leaving Tobias to be a villain on Painkiller will be a good way to keep me from watching that show. I was sick of him after the first season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

So now both Supergirl as well as Black Lightning end, shortly after they just arrived on Earth-Prime. What a waste.

But I guess it's better to end things on a high note. I wonder if they'll deal with both Tobias and Gravedigger?

Well, this was unexpected. I feel like the show was probably more relevant now than ever, but I guess the showrunners (possibly influenced by the ratings) felt like this was the time to end it and focus on making a successor in Painkiller.

I'm guessing Tobias will be the final villain.

The Pierce's are in the Arrowverse now so I guess we could possibly see guest appearances if the cast are willing to take a trip down to Vancouver, assuming they don't just guest star on Painkiller's show.
    Honestly, I'm not surprised at all. I've never felt like the CW gave this show its' full support; it's the only show, I believe, that they have never released the seasons' on Blu Ray, and they stopped releasing the series on DVD after season 1.

In fact, the only surprising thing for me is that they are wanting a spin off. But I believe that when I see it.

There's definitely story potential with Painkiller. Although I would've preferred to see Anissa and Jennifer as leads of an Outsiders spinoff with Grace, Brandon, TC, and maybe Katana and a TV budget appropriate Metamorpho.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So now both Supergirl as well as Black Lightning end, shortly after they just arrived on Earth-Prime. What a waste.

But I guess it's better to end things on a high note. I wonder if they'll deal with both Tobias and Gravedigger?
    I wonder if Lala will have a plot more closely related to the main story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

guess the only company flash will have in his hall of justice will be that mysterious escaped monkey gleep.