Page 99 of 119 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1779
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I believe that over the last decade or so the average contract length forgeries regulars is 6 years with an option for a 7th.

Back in the 70's to 90's it was 3 to 5 years. Think about how many great and popular shows only last 3 years. BATMAN, Wonder Woman, Giligans Aisle. Think about others that had massive cast changes every few years, like Mash. Started out with Frank, Henry, and Trapper. Then we had Winchester, Potter, and TJ.
    Look how many shows from that era that we watched in rerun form that were only around two years: The Munsters, The Addams Family, and F Troop come to mind. How many two-year shows from this century have anywhere near the cultural impact the three I mentioned had?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Look how many shows from that era that we watched in rerun form that were only around two years: The Munsters, The Addams Family, and F Troop come to mind. How many two-year shows from this century have anywhere near the cultural impact the three I mentioned had?
    Go back even further and the honeymooners. Only 1 season rerun for another decade and a half

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Go back even further and the honeymooners. Only 1 season rerun for another decade and a half
    Good point (in the NYC area, I'm not sure if it ever has left the airwaves in over 60 years), though the sketches still appeared on Jackie Gleason programs during the '50s and '60s. In fact, one of the first things I remember watching on our TV was a musical Honeymooner episode from '68.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Okay, just for giggles I googled "what is a standard contract for an actor in a tv show", because now I'm honestly curious. I found this:

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-libra...contracts.html

There's a lot more there. It's actually kind of interesting, for legalese.

That being said, I'm sure there comes a time when the star gets enough stroke to dictate when they wrap things up. Jim Parsons made the decision to end Big Bang Theory. Stephen Amell was ready to wrap things up after Season 6, and Berlanti and Guggenheim convinced him to do 1 and a half more seasons so they could do Elseworlds and Crisis.
    That was interesting! Thanks for looking it up.

Funny you mention specifically TNG, and Buffy.

Stewart signed his contract for TNG fully expecting the show to fail and not last past a season.

Sarah Michelle Gellar threatened to quit in season 5 when Whedon was negotiating for a bigger budget and WB wouldnt put up the money he wanted but UPN did. She didn't want to change networks.

Considering the number of characters who left those shows or cycled out from time to time they also didn't have long committed contracts for the majority of the cast.

Sasha Yar, Pulaski, Wesley, Beverley.they weren't there all the way thru. A few dozen other regulars to boot.
    And yet, for both of those shows, either the entire, or most, of the main cast stayed until the end. In the case of SMG, I'm sure there was a renegotiation of her contract.

TNG, though, was different. Denise Crosby, who played Tasha Yar, was unhappy with her character and where she was going, and thus asked for and was granted her release. As for the others- if I remember correctly, I think they fired Gates McFadden (Beverly Crusher) and replaced her with Diana Muldaur (Dr. Pulaski). Then, for whatever reason, the let Diana go at the end of season two and brought back Gates. In those cases, that was the producers decisions. As for Wesley, I can't remember if Will Wheaton asked to be let go, or if the writers just didn't have anything else for the character. Either sounds plausible. But other than that, the core 6 (Picard, Riker, Geordi, Worf, Data, Troi) were there for all seven seasons, and when Beverly returned, it became the Core 7. And all of those characters also appeared in all of the TNG movies, even Worf who had no reason to be there after First Contact.

if ms. McClain's character doesnt get killed, that will be fine by me.
    leave room for returning for a TV movie.

Final season trailer:

Beaten to it

But yeah, very excited and I hope that they manage to wrap everything up before ending the series. Still sad about it.

And they were riding so high after the season 3 finale...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Final season trailer:

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Beaten to it

But yeah, very excited and I hope that they manage to wrap everything up before ending the series. Still sad about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And they were riding so high after the season 3 finale...
    Same here. Thanks, by the way.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Funny you mention specifically TNG, and Buffy.

Stewart signed his contract for TNG fully expecting the show to fail and not last past a season.

Considering the number of characters who left those shows or cycled out from time to time they also didn't have long committed contracts for the majority of the cast.

Sasha Yar, Pulaski, Wesley, Beverley.they weren't there all the way thru. A few dozen other regulars to boot.
    Gates was FIRED. It took fans to get her back on the show.

How many episodes did some of those shows had back then?

The Munsters had 70 in two years.
    F Troop did 65 in two years.

One of the reasons I Love Lucy ended was because the cast did so many episodes a year and got burned out.

I believe that over the last decade or so the average contract length forgeries regulars is 6 years with an option for a 7th.
    It depends on the shows in question.

Ed O'Neil like Patrick Stewart thought Married With Children was NOT going to last beyond 6 episodes. He got 200.

Disney Channel had a rule that all shows END at episode 65. If the made it past season 1.

65 shows is what many wanted for syndication to get at least 5 complete runs during a year.

It's why some cartoons had that number and certain shows only aired 65 shows.

Alvin & The Chipmunks along with Muppet Babies have seasons that have NOT aired in syndication.
    For Muppet Babies it's the final season.
    Alvin & Chipmunks-most of season 7 that introduced their puppy Lily-who you can see in the 90s movies.

I think some shows are for 4 seasons with year 5 being the renewal of contracts. UPN's One on One FIRED two of its leads and cost them syndication checks.

There's a lot more there. It's actually kind of interesting, for legalese.
    Ask Jorja Fox about that. She wanted off of CSI. CBS agreed under one condition. She was banned from doing any tv shows. In fact it's funny most of those actors who left CSI stopped doing tv shows for a time with exceptions like Fishburne.

Mighty Member

Almost show time.

Mighty Member

Tobias doesn't have to destroy Black Lightening because Jefferson is doing a good job of that already.

I missed it, but I can't say I missed it. If Tobias is still the main villain, I don't need to watch.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

spoilers:
    Are they going to kill Jen off? I know Chyna Anne McClain wanted to leave the show even before it was announced this would be the last season
    end of spoilers.