Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Rey's Parents - Who Do You Want Them To Be?

We know all the theories out there, but who do you want Rey's parents to be?

I'm a Skywalker fan, so I hope her parents are Luke and someone new. I don't think it will end up that way, but that is what I want to see. I'd love to see her carry on the Skywalker name and the Jedi tradition.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Nobodies, making her a relative of someone is just gonna be another repeat of my main problem with most of the movie protagonists for SW: they're bland kids of FFFAARRR more interesting people.

BANNED

Phasma and Hux...

Or two people we have absolutely never heard off.

Everyone on the current and last film that "knows" said it was obvious. I guess that means she's a Skywalker.

If it ends up being Luke, that makes him a worse dad than Anakin. I don't want another twin thing. Cousins works for me. As does unrelated.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Everyone on the current and last film that "knows" said it was obvious. I guess that means she's a Skywalker.

If it ends up being Luke, that makes him a worse dad than Anakin. I don't want another twin thing. Cousins works for me. As does unrelated.
    Not necessarily. There could be unknown circumstances to keep her safe or something.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I'd want them to be unrelated characters to the Skywalker family. On a personal level, if Rey is to be related to any character, I'd want it to be Obi-Wan. Can't obviously be directly his kid though since Obi-Wan most likely didn't end up with anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I'd want them to be unrelated characters to the Skywalker family. On a personal level, if Rey is to be related to any character, I'd want it to be Obi-Wan. Can't obviously be directly his kid though since Obi-Wan most likely didn't end up with anybody.
    That we know of.

Chewie and R5D4.

What?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Spectacular Member Chintzy Beatnik's Avatar

Ezra and Sabine.

I don't care about the mom, but I hope it's Luke.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Episode VIII Beginning:

Luke: I know the entire cast at the bottom of that hill. Why did they send you of all people to give me this lightsaber back?
    Rey: I'm your daughter you abandoned!
    Luke: *Should have given the map to Lando instead

I like the idea her being Luke's kid. That could have some interesting story potential.

However, I doubt that the timeline works for that; she was left on Jakku about fourteen years before the movie, while Kylo Ren's defection was circa six years before the movie. In other words, Rey was being left on Jakku while Luke was still training Jedi, so why would he dump his daughter on a dangerous world like that?

I think the most likely explanation is that her parents are new characters. It's the simplest one and doesn't raise plot holes like the others do. However, as long as it isn't the "she's a reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker" theory, I'm okay with pretty much anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Not necessarily. There could be unknown circumstances to keep her safe or something.
    "I did it to protect you cliche."
    -CinemaSins

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Anakin couldn't be a dad to Luke or Leia because they were taken from him and hidden.

Luke potentially dropped his kid off on a planet long before there were many problems.

Bad dads run in the family I suppose ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I am with you here. If she has to be related to someone I would want her to be Obi Wan's grandaughter. Just not a Skywalker. That would make Luke like the biggest piece of **** in the universe to just dump his kid off on some horrible shithole planet and abandon her there. There is not reason they could give that would make him look good in that situation. Even if he was trying to hide her your telling me he could not find anyplace better than that?