Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

My buddy and I's podcast, FranchiseWars, is going to do a "Who is Rey?" Episode on Monday. Our list of discussion possibilities is: Rey Palpatine, Rey Kenobi, Rey Clone-of-Anakin, Rey Anakin-Reincarnated, Rey Someone-New, Rey Solo, and Rey Skywalker. Any other options We should cover?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    My buddy and I's podcast, FranchiseWars, is going to do a "Who is Rey?" Episode on Monday. Our list of discussion possibilities is: Rey Palpatine, Rey Kenobi, Rey Clone-of-Anakin, Rey Anakin-Reincarnated, Rey Someone-New, Rey Solo, and Rey Skywalker. Any other options We should cover?
    I'll have to tune into that. How extensive in regards to the franchise's materials will the discussion go (some of the tie-ins have disproven or laid out certain conditions for some of those theories)?

IMHO, that's a pretty complete list. All the others are I'm aware of are the totally "wild guessing with no rationality behind them." While you do have a few that I think have zero evidence, most of them do have some reason that they could be possible.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'll have to tune into that. How extensive in regards to the franchise's materials will the discussion go (some of the tie-ins have disproven or laid out certain conditions for some of those theories)?

IMHO, that's a pretty complete list. All the others are I'm aware of are the totally "wild guessing with no rationality behind them." While you do have a few that I think have zero evidence, most of them do have some reason that they could be possible.
    I hope we're going fairly in depth with previous materials and information, though I wouldn't mind some contributions from a poster like yourself:

-Rey Solo is going to get some commentary on how that reveal would play with a dead Han befor the reveal.
    -Rey Kenobi is going to get a bit of Satine explanation.
    -Rey Palpatine, Rey Clone-of-Anakin, and any other sci-Fi heavy one, is going to talk about Jakku's labs and stations.
    -Rey Skywalker is going to get some fun commentary of Abrams's statements earlier in the year.

Any other big ones you think we should know about?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

Here's a podcast episode from our series covering most of the known scenarios.
    http://franchisewars.madewithopinion...i-who-is-rey/#

Incredible Member

Cloned from the cells of Lukes severed hand.

Thanks for the link.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

And this one actually works; I did another message board podcast, and gave a broken link.

Looks like the link no longer works; the hosting was discontinued. Anywhere else the podcast can be heard from?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

https://www.buzzsprout.com/132209/59...edi-who-is-rey
    There we go. We're trying to keep our podcast up in ITunes as well, but I'm still figuring some of this stuff out. If you like this episode, maybe try the Revenge V. Rogue one pitting ROTS against RO.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/132209/59...edi-who-is-rey
    There we go. We're trying to keep our podcast up in ITunes as well, but I'm still figuring some of this stuff out. If you like this episode, maybe try the Revenge V. Rogue one pitting ROTS against RO.
    Okay, thanks for the tip.

iTunes works well for me, personally, since I already subscribe to podcasts through that.

(Some pretty interesting-looking stuff in the backlog, like the Batman cartoon show episode).
    Last edited by WebLurker; 11-08-2017 at 09:24 PM.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Rey could be Leia and Han's long lost daughter and Ben Solo's twin brother.
    You mean twin, not twin brother right?

Seriously though, I don't think she's related to Han, Leia or Ben
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Rey could be Leia and Han's long lost daughter and Ben Solo's twin brother.
    Except there's a large age difference between Ben and Rey. He's ten years older than her.

Rey could be Leia and Han's long lost daughter and Ben Solo's twin sister
    As noted before, they can't be twins due to the age gap. I suppose they could be siblings, but that raises a lot of questions, like why so far, there's been no indication of Leia and Han having a missing daughter (a few gaps have been plugged in the post-ROTJ/pre-TFA era).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    As noted before, they can't be twins due to the age gap. I suppose they could be siblings, but that raises a lot of questions, like why so far, there's been no indication of Leia and Han having a missing daughter (a few gaps have been plugged in the post-ROTJ/pre-TFA era).
    The fact they've only used Han and Leia for any major, Big 3 focused stories really does make Rey Solo feel less likely. While it's not hard to see them ordering a Leia focused storyline to conceal another kid, it does feel like if that was the case, a focus on Luke would be more likely.

The fact they've only used Han and Leia for any major, Big 3 focused stories really does make Rey Solo feel less likely. While it's not hard to see them ordering a Leia focused storyline to conceal another kid, it does feel like if that was the case, a focus on Luke would be more likely.
    Maybe. I mean, I do know people who've lost children and they don't dwell on it all the time. So, something like Bloodline could work in theory with the "Rey Solo" model despite making no mention to a lost daughter (birth name Jaina, maybe ), under those circumstances.

However, to be totally honest, it seems very odd that when discussing their son's fall that they didn't mention that they had previously lost another child through other circumstances (kidnapping, wend missing, presumed killed, or whatever). You'd think that would come up somehow in a discussion like that.

The other major problem I have with Rey being a Solo is that the Force Awakens novelizations very strongly indicate that her actual parents were the ones who left her on Jakku. At any rate, they do establish that whoever did leave her there did love her like a daughter (whether through biological connections or some kid of adoption) and were sincere about planning to come back for her. While that model could work with the Solo theory (Rey gets kidnapped as infant or something, gets separated somehow from the kidnappers and winds up with people who don't know who she really is but take her as their own, then have to leave her on Jakku, or something like that), it seems needlessly complicated, esp. since you would think that there would be more clues in the movie proper if Rey really had met her biological father.

(Note: movie novelizations from The Force Awakens onward are fully canon, but kind of squishy in continuity, due to minor discrepancies in the movie in terms of details, exacts of conversations, and the like. The rule seems to be that all new information is canon, but if the scenario in which it's presented doesn't match the movie -- like the extended conversation between Snoke and Kylo about Darth Vader -- that specific version of the scene is essentially non-canon despite what we learn being canon.

Between that and it seeming that if something in a new movie or other tie-in contradicts the novelization, the novelization is the one considered inaccurate, there is a distinct possibility that the novelization may be proven wrong in regards to the clues to Rey's past. However, at the moment, there's no reason to consider it invalid.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)