Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am with you here. If she has to be related to someone I would want her to be Obi Wan's grandaughter.
    So, eh, that would probably make her Mandalorian nobility, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Oh lord, considering the hate that Mandos get, that's probably be the last thing the fans would want.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Oh lord, considering the hate that Mandos get, that's probably be the last thing the fans would want.
    Mandalorians get hate? When did that happen?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I like the Mandalorians
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    "I did it to protect you cliche."
    -CinemaSins
    That's actually a very likely possibility. In the novelizations, we get a few more details about how Rey was left. The people who did told her they would be coming back for her. From the context in the scenes, we can work out that it was her family (or at least guardians) and that they did love her and really meant what they said. We have no clue why they thought that leaving her on Jakku was needed (although it would have to be pretty extreme circumstances), nor do we know yet why they never came back. The new movies will hopefully fill in the gaps.

You're referring to the Mandalorian dutchess that Kenobi had a thing for on the Clone Wars show, right? I doubt that would work. The timeline doesn't match and she never had kids.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 05-19-2017 at 09:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    You're referring to the Mandalorian dutchess that Kenobi had a thing for on the Clone Wars show, right? I doubt that would work. The timeline doesn't match and she never had kids.
    She had as much kids as Obi-Wan as far as canon knows. And the time line does match.

She had as much kids as Obi-Wan as far as canon knows. And the time line does match.
    I don't think so. Satine died in the Shadow Conspiracy story arc of TCW. The only surviving family established are a sister and a nephew (who doesn't seem to be the son of the sister we meet in the episode proper, suggesting another sibling). Because she spent a good chunk of the show as a political prisoner, it seems likely that if she had kids, that would've been mentioned in some capacity.

Secondly, there's the strong implication that she and Kenobi never got anywhere, so them having a kid (needed to make Rey both part of the Kenobi family tree and part Mandalorian) doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Technically, could they pull it if if they wanted to retcon it in? Probably, but there's still no real evidence in the movie proper or any other canon material to support it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't think so. Satine died in the Shadow Conspiracy story arc of TCW. The only surviving family established...
    Ley me stop you right there. What's with this established family nonsens? The very point here is establishing what isn't even hinted at in canon. Obi-Wan Kenobi has no established grand-daughter. If he can have one then so can anybody else who has no established grand-daugher.

Also, it's not my fanon. I want Rey to be a completely new character without any links top any other characters.

Luke as her father. I'm not sure if I'd make her mother relevant in this case. Maybe insinuations to give fans who want to imagine her being Mara Jade? I dunno. I know recent rumors have suggested against it, but I'm not buying it yet. I think its just a smokescreen to try and surprise some people.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-20-2017 at 05:24 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I think that her parents are Han and Leia and he is uncle Luke, Yoda had explained to Luke (A Christmas carol trope) that having visions of the future may not be fact. What if Luke had a vision were he had foreseen what was going to happen and wanted to avoid that timeline so he took Rey away for her safety. That's why he left a trail to follow in case it ever started to come true and he knew the part that he would have to play.
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

My theory is that she is the daughter of Han and Leia BUT was stolen from them by someone else and dropped off on Jaku. This is possibly what turned Kylo Ren evil and broke up Han and Leia. She was also clearly holding someone's hand in the short flashback that we saw (this might also explain why she had a problem with Finn grabbing her hand) which suggests she was raised by someone (I'm guessing someone who didn't treat her very well). Not having read any of the extended universe books or materials I have no idea if there is anything to support this theory.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    My theory is that she is the daughter of Han and Leia BUT was stolen from them by someone else and dropped off on Jaku.
    The canonical novelizations all but outright state that those who left her on Jakku where her real family. We do know from those books that, whoever they were, those who left her did genuinely love her. However, given that novelizations are a little squishy canonically speaking and sometimes do have discrepancies with future material, that could be disproven down the road by Last Jedi or other stuff. But until that happens, it's all we got canonically.

This is possibly what turned Kylo Ren evil and broke up Han and Leia.
    We know Rey is nineteen during the movies (Force Awakens junior novelization). Kylo Ren is in his early thirties (Aftermath: Empire's End novel). Rey's age in the "present" and apparent age when she was dropped off on Jakku would put the event about fourteen years before Force Awakens. The novel Bloodline sets Kylo Ren's defection circa six years before the movie. That novel also shows that Han and Leia are still together long after Rey was left on Jakku (which fits the movie's suggestion that Kylo's defection is what tore them apart). The novel, told from Leia's POV, also doesn't make any mention to her having a lost (presumed dead?) daughter either (although it could be fudged, since there's nothing to disprove that scenario in the novel either).

She was also clearly holding someone's hand in the short flashback that we saw (this might also explain why she had a problem with Finn grabbing her hand) which suggests she was raised by someone (I'm guessing someone who didn't treat her very well).
    I honestly took Rey's objecting to Finn grabbing her hand as a personal space thing (if you look closely at a few points later on in the movie, after the two have started to bond, there are points where he takes her hand or arm and she doesn't object). I guess it also contrasts how far they came over the course of the movie, when, by the end, she hugs him after they reunite on Starkiller Base.

The book Rey's Survival Guide (basically a replica of a journal Rey was keeping while on Jakku) does address her past a bit. In short, she started out working for Unkar and other scavengers, with only a few who actually treated her well and seemed to care about her as a person (the regular novelization also establishes that Finn was first person she remember in her life ever asking her if she was okay).

The Survival Guide also makes the interesting point that Rey literally has no memory of how she got to Jakku in the first place, which adds an interesting wrinkle to the movie's Force vision scene where she witnesses it.

Not having read any of the extended universe books or materials I have no idea if there is anything to support this theory.
    I recall that people who worked on the movie and Pablo Hidalgo (an employee who helps keep canon and information straight) have said that Rey and Kylo Ren are not siblings, however, I can't find the original sources of that info and there is the possibility that they're misleading us for a surprise reveal down the road.

Just examining the works themselves, I'd say the problems that the theory of Rey being Kylo's long-lost little sister has to overcome are that there's no mention anywhere of the Solos having lost a daughter at a young age and it complicates the novelizations' accounts of Rey's arrival on Jakku. Given that the former could still work in theory (there's been nothing set around the time of Rey's birth yet that showed the Solo family and Bloodline would work since by then, Leia would've presumably come to terms with Rey's loss and not have it on her mind constantly).

The other difficulty is that Han doesn't seem to recognize her in the movie. Granted, it would've been enough years that he would be hard-pressed to recognize his own daughter, but nothing about her when he meets and learns more details seems to jog any memories or suggest if he's wondering if there's a connection.

On the other hand, in light of the theory, it is interesting that at the end of the movie, Leia seems to take a motherly attitude to Rey. So, even if there's no biological connection, it would be interesting if Leia took it on herself to be a mother figure of sorts, maybe filling the void the loss of her own family left in the process. It would also further the irony of the contrast of Kylo rejecting the Solos as his parents and Rey's wanting to find her family (or at least have family-like connections).

Leia did say to Han that only his father could get through to Ben, why did she not say "Only you can?"
    Hail Hydra!

Incredible Member

Honestly, I don't care. Rey was such a flat, boring character to me in TFA that her backstory doesn't hold any sway over me.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

My theory is that she is the daughter of Han and Leia BUT was stolen from them by someone else and dropped off on Jaku..
    I don't see this. I just don't think they would have BOTH Kylo AND Rey the children of Han and Leia.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor