Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I don't think she got anything do with Skywalker or Solo (being her parents).

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Honestly, the whole thing is such a mess that I doubt they are ever going to even mention that prophecy again.
    How's that a mess?

Quote Originally Posted by Rapha8 View Post
    I don't think she got anything do with Skywalker or Solo (being her parents).
    I think the fact that neither Han or Leia seem to recognize Rey or even make mention to having a lost daughter who would've been about her age disproves the Solo angle.

Her being a Skywalker, at this point, would require some convolution to pull off (with the timeline and all) and might be a little to obvious.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 08-08-2017 at 08:55 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

I think the fact that neither Han or Leia seem to recognize Rey or even make mention to having a lost daughter who would've been about her age disproves the Solo angle.

Her being a Skywalker, at this point, would require some convolution to pull off (with the timeline and all) and might be a little to obvious.
    Dude, I say DON'T think that she got anything to do with Slywalker or Solo. Not that she does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    How's that a mess?
    "The Chosen One who was supposed to bring balance to the Force."

Only they never made clear what that meant, bringing balance to the Force, they never made clear if it was Anakin, and on top of that, even George Lucas changed his mind a few times about what it was about.

Dude, I say DON'T think that she got anything to do with Slywalker or Solo. Not that she does.
    Um, yeah I got that. I was actually just commenting out loud.

"The Chosen One who was supposed to bring balance to the Force."

Only they never made clear what that meant, bringing balance to the Force, they never made clear if it was Anakin, and on top of that, even George Lucas changed his mind a few times about what it was about.
    Fair enough.

BANNED

BANNED

Link goes nowhere.

BANNED

Link goes nowhere.
    Here you go....

she exhibits skills that are so in line with who Anakin Skywalker was before his fall to the dark side. Anakin Skywalker was meant to be the chosen one who will bring balance to the Force, yet he technically failed in that mission. The Jedi were destroyed and the Empire rose to power wielding a super weapon that threatened the galaxy. Darth Vader redeemed himself and killed the Emperor, sure. He saved his son and set the stage for the Jedi to return to the galaxy. Yet 30 years later there are no Jedi, Luke Skywalker is a myth and the dark side is rising again, this time with an even more terrifying super weapon that threatens the galaxy.

BANNED

Here you go....

she exhibits skills that are so in line with who Anakin Skywalker was before his fall to the dark side. Anakin Skywalker was meant to be the chosen one who will bring balance to the Force, yet he technically failed in that mission. The Jedi were destroyed and the Empire rose to power wielding a super weapon that threatened the galaxy. Darth Vader redeemed himself and killed the Emperor, sure. He saved his son and set the stage for the Jedi to return to the galaxy. Yet 30 years later there are no Jedi, Luke Skywalker is a myth and the dark side is rising again, this time with an even more terrifying super weapon that threatens the galaxy.
    I don't get it.

BANNED

I don't get it.
    You don't get it or you don't want to get it.

The ideal been done before with Buffy the vampire slayer.

BANNED

Look, I can't follow your broken link.

All I have is this, which I already had two years ago.

"she exhibits skills that are so in line with who Anakin Skywalker was before his fall to the dark side. Anakin Skywalker was meant to be the chosen one who will bring balance to the Force, yet he technically failed in that mission. The Jedi were destroyed and the Empire rose to power wielding a super weapon that threatened the galaxy. Darth Vader redeemed himself and killed the Emperor, sure. He saved his son and set the stage for the Jedi to return to the galaxy. Yet 30 years later there are no Jedi, Luke Skywalker is a myth and the dark side is rising again, this time with an even more terrifying super weapon that threatens the galaxy."

What ideal has been done with Buffy?

BANNED

Look, I can't follow your broken link.

"she exhibits skills that are so in line with who Anakin Skywalker was before his fall to the dark side. Anakin Skywalker was meant to be the chosen one who will bring balance to the Force, yet he technically failed in that mission. The Jedi were destroyed and the Empire rose to power wielding a super weapon that threatened the galaxy. Darth Vader redeemed himself and killed the Emperor, sure. He saved his son and set the stage for the Jedi to return to the galaxy. Yet 30 years later there are no Jedi, Luke Skywalker is a myth and the dark side is rising again, this time with an even more terrifying super weapon that threatens the galaxy."

What ideal has been done with Buffy?
    copying and pasting.

BANNED

The Force Awakens came out a year and a half ago, not two.

BANNED

I like to round up.

"...she exhibits skills that are so in line with who Anakin Skywalker was before his fall to the dark side."
    Thing is, her using Force stuff untrained is actually normal for Force-sensitives (Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Rebels, Ahsoka novel). It doesn't really suggest her being unusually special one way or the other (in terms of of being Force-sensitive in the first place).

Anakin Skywalker was meant to be the chosen one who will bring balance to the Force, yet he technically failed in that mission. The Jedi were destroyed and the Empire rose to power wielding a super weapon that threatened the galaxy. Darth Vader redeemed himself and killed the Emperor, sure. He saved his son and set the stage for the Jedi to return to the galaxy.
    While it remains to be seen for sure, the two most likely possibilities are that Anakin fulfilled the prophecy in Return of the Jedi or he failed to in the Mortis episodes of the Clone Wars. If either of them are correct, then Rey is not the Chosen One (and if the latter is correct, the prophecy cannot be fulfilled by anyone). (We'll have to see, though, given that the Last Jedi trailer is making a big deal about the Force and the balance, which is stuff that the prophecy tied into.)

Yet 30 years later there are no Jedi, Luke Skywalker is a myth and the dark side is rising again, this time with an even more terrifying super weapon that threatens the galaxy.
    Wouldn't be the first time that stuff like that happened with no Chosen One to resolve it; In ROTS, Palpatine comments that the Sith will rule the Galaxy "once more," suggesting that they did (or were a major political power) in the past. The Clone Wars crystal crises story reels also establish that during that time, the Jedi and Sith fought each other with Kyber Crystal-based superweapons (like the Death Stars and Starkiller Base were).

Aslo worth noting is that TFA doesn't really build up Rey as a chosen one character; everyone in the movie thinks that bringing Luke back in the game is what'll change the tide of the war. Even when Rey is urged to follow the Force, the idea that it could bring Luke back is considered pretty important. Rey's story seems more centered on the personal; her main arc is finding acceptance into a surrogate family and the Force stuff focuses on her letting go of the past that's keeping her down and improving her self-esteem.