Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Yeah, you can say alternate universe as much as you want, but there is things that are against the core of a character. This is not the Crime Syindicate, is not Red Son, is a superman who was raised by the kents and had a very similar story until the metropolis incident. So, a bad day make him a monster. This story just says the Joker was right all along
    And yeah, for diana is also totally OOC .
    Is also annoying that even in main continuity comics , she was the one who had to cross the line and deal with batman, and even Superman at that time, morally high horse douchery, when she killed Max . I dont want my heroes to be cold blood killers, but this idea that takin one life of a evil pyscho makes you as bas as him, is BS and please, i would be thankful if there is no more stories where that is a main plot point
    In fact I've met quite a few people who actually liked Regime Superman, because he's powerful, and they had sympathy for his suffering, and think he's deceived by Regime WW
    But Regime WW is the most unlikable character in Injustice, She is the true evil. She is designed to make Superman not look so bad
    But even batman can beat her without taking that magical pills.

BANNED

Having just run through the story mode of Injustice... and going with Superman in the end.

Yeah, I'd agree with it being a 'batwank' fest since he is one of the few characters thats not turned into a monster.

Sorry, folks, but I had to delete a couple of posts due to screenshots that included foul language. Normally we just edit this kinda stuff out of posts, but I can't do that with images.

Please note that this is a family friendly forum as per the sticky at the top of this page and edit out any foul language from pictures in the future.

Thanks!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Marvel fighting games made by Capcom don't have stories. There isn't an opportunity for "character assassination" to happen. I think your underestimating people's awareness of these games. Everyone I encountered is aware Injustice is an elseworlds story. It will take more than a single game series to morph people's perception of Wonder Woman and Superman with their 80 year histories as being heroes.
    Wonder Woman's 80 year history is overrated. Yes People know her name and appearance, but can't say they're familiar with her.
    The most influential is the Lynda Carter version, decades ago.
    In fact WW had little chance to make appearance in games, let alone popular games.
    And finally a popular game, but really not good for her.
    And also the highly praised cartoon--Flashpoint...
    Fortunately there's a WW movie coming. if the movie a hot cake like Ironman,I wouldn't care less how the game portrayed her, but it's not. I'm really nervous about it, and don't want a game like Injustice released just 2 weeks ahead.
    Just hope the Movie will be good, and people's perception will truly be established, and I won't complain anymore,haha
    Last edited by anarki; 05-19-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Yeah, you can say alternate universe as much as you want, but there is things that are against the core of a character. This is not the Crime Syindicate, is not Red Son, is a superman who was raised by the kents and had a very similar story until the metropolis incident. So, a bad day make him a monster. This story just says the Joker was right all along
    And yeah, for diana is also totally OOC .
    Is also annoying that even in main continuity comics , she was the one who had to cross the line and deal with batman, and even Superman at that time, morally high horse douchery, when she killed Max . I dont want my heroes to be cold blood killers, but this idea that takin one life of a evil pyscho makes you as bas as him, is BS and please, i would be thankful if there is no more stories where that is a main plot point
    Being an alternate universe is how Netherrelam can have this degree of creative liberty with the characters. There's no way WB would let them make the mainstream Supes and Diana evil. My biggest problem with Injustice Diana is she doesn't have any ambitions beyond being the lady Macbeth to Superman.

So, can we have a sundry list of her crimes? Does she homicide someone? The original Injustice WW barely did anything, in both the comics and video game. She necked Huntress in the comics though.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    So, can we have a sundry list of her crimes? Does she homicide someone? The original Injustice WW barely did anything, in both the comics and video game. She necked Huntress in the comics though.
    Well, she executed Golden Glider (Captain Cold's sister). (Not seen ingame)
    She would have killed Cheetah, but was stopped.
    And in her end credits she does make sure the resistance along with Kara gets 'punished' without detailing what that meant, before beating her Amazon sisters into submission... or killing them

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    She killed Captain Cold's sister Golden Glider. She's heavily implied to have killed Scarecrow at the end of her chapter and stabbed Harley Quinn when she compared Diana to herself. During Brainaic's invasion she was more concerned with saving Superman and re-establishing the regime then saving innocent people. Supergirl had to convince her to save people from Brainaic's betas.

no , you are falling for it, my friend. Injustass is makin you hate Diana
    #NotmyWonderWoman

PLOT TWIST: What if Injustice 3 reveals that it's been Circe masquerading as Diana for all this time lol. That'd be brilliant! Circe disposing of Wonder Woman and destroying the Justice League from the inside out! Perfection!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I wonder where's Injustice Donna Troy. She hasn't appeared or been mentioned in the games or comic. At least Cassie is stuck in the phantom zone.

BANNED

Yeah, sorry, I`m with Immortal weapon here. Even casuals are able to tell this is an Elsewords experiment. I get the feeling some of you really downplay the public`s sense of awareness. It`s a game revolving around the theme of Multiverse play. It`s right there in the screen for you to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    She is supporting him and not acting on her own so I don't like it. I dont mind her being evil but at least don't have her supporting and backing him give her her own cause or something
    She made the choice to support him. If she switched sides she'd be doing the exact same thing. Because she's not the main star.

whatever. Marvel has years of makin fighting games and crossover fighting games without the need of character assasination . Injustice is a scenario that could work in a elseworld comic and i would not complain so much, but as a portrayal of the DC universe in a mainstream vidoe game, it sucks big time .
    And yeah, you are right that is easy being an internet hater, IW, but you dont need to make it easier for the haters . Kal and Diana where far behind of Bruce mainstream appeal years before injustice , but this doesnt help them at all
    That's not enitrely true. I saw comments of people saying they missed when WW fought for truth and justice. So it looks like people are aware that WW is suppose to be compassionate. The general public is fairly aware that Diana's suppose to be a nice person. Given how in most cartoons, movies and such she is always portrayed as that.

It is not a character assasination when almost all the time, 9 times out of 10, Diana is usally ALWAYS portrayed as nice, pure and loving independent being. Evil Diana's in mainstream are always usually alternate worlds and timelines.

Batman is the biggest seller and this is one of 10 times in which Diana is suppose to be a bitch. And iirc, Damien did call out Batman so your perfect Batman point doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Yeah, sorry, I`m with Immortal weapon here. Even casuals are able to tell this is an Elsewords experiment. I get the feeling some of you really downplay the public`s sense of awareness. It`s a game revolving around the theme of Multiverse play. It`s right there in the screen for you to see it.
    I saw comments talking about "why is WW a bitch? I thought she was nice."
    9/10 times Diana in outside media, is usually portrayed as strong, independent and loving. The one time she isn't is usually alternate worlds. And people know that Superman isn't usually suppose to be a blood thirsty machine. They know something's up.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I saw comments talking about "why is WW a bitch? I thought she was nice."
    9/10 times Diana in outside media, is usually portrayed as strong, independent and loving. The one time she isn't is usually alternate worlds. And people know that Superman isn't usually suppose to be a blood thirsty machine. They know something's up.
    Injustice is the most influential DC game atm(besides batman games),sold millions of copies.
    talking about games, Injustice -> more than 9/10, not 1/10, because there's no other game showing the real WW.
    not much opportunity can WW appear in games, wasted imo.

Only about 50,000 people reading WW comics. much less than gamers.
    WW hasn't made many media appearances. Lynda Carter TV decades ago.
    I just hope WW movie can sell, so non-readers could understand the real WW

I admit people usually know the difference, but still many people begin to hate WW because of IJ.(I posted a pic before,deleted because there're hate words in it).
    The haters are minority yes, but considering IJ sold millions, still a pretty large number.
    Some people even saying they won't watch WW Movie because they hated IJWW too much.
    Which is not necessary imo. Being evil not necessarily makes someone a bad character, there're already many popular villains in DC, some are even popular than heroes.
    but IJWW definitely is not one of them. Instead I think she's the most despised character in years.
    They could have designed a more interesting 'evil WW'...
    Ok whatever...
    Last edited by anarki; 05-21-2017 at 01:15 AM.