Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Is it a good idea to make a show about Krypton?

Sci fi is making a show about Krypton, but is that a good idea? We know how it ends, with everyone dying and its a Superman related show without Superman.

BANNED

I'm willing to give it a chance...it could be interesting.

If they do something interesting with it and truly explore life on another world explore it's culture I'm totally down for it if it's just "humans" with Futurists technology I'm not that interesting but will check in because I like Sci-Fi but it will definitely have some plot involving the eventual destruction of Krypton it looks like.

I'd be more interested if it was about Jor El, instead it's about his dad Seyg, they can only do so much about the eventual destruction of krypton, which is kind of the whole point of krypton. So is krypton is just going to be fine in the series finale? That seems weird.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    I'd be more interested if it was about Jor El, instead it's about his dad Seyg, they can only do so much about the eventual destruction of krypton, which is kind of the whole point of krypton. So is krypton is just going to be fine in the series finale? That seems weird.
    Its only because You can only do so much with Jor'el because he was still relatively young when he died on Krypton. In his 40's maybe so you have small amount of time to tell a story in the run up to the explosion. With His dad you can see how the politcal situation in Krypton got as bad as it was to end up with not listening one of their most prolific scientists .

I'm not that interested in it from what I saw of the trailer, but I'm sure others are. If it becomes a big hit I'll gladly watch it and see if it works for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Sci fi is making a show about Krypton, but is that a good idea? We know how it ends, with everyone dying and its a Superman related show without Superman.
    It's a good idea, but Goyer is writing it, iirc. But then, the Krypton part was probably the best of MoS for me, so there's that.

So all-in-all... hard to say.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Don't know if it's inherently a good idea. All I can do is speak for myself. And speaking for myself, I think I would've liked a different Krypton than the one from the movies. I don't actually care about Jor-El granddad. Fox couldn't get me to watch James Gordon: The Not-Batman Show, so, it's safe to say that Sci Fi can't get me to watch The Misadventures of Superman's Great Granddad. I mean, in a day an age when I can just watch Luke Cage, DareDevil, Flash, and Supergirl, I don't need this Agents of Shield tangential foolishness. I'm not trying to watch Foggy Nelson: Friend of DareDevil. Flash is on TV Tuesday nights, fam, I'm never going back to that one-foot-in BS. I ain't bout that struggle anymore lol

But, that's just me.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-19-2017 at 12:06 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Its not my thing in any shape or form. I'm tired of shows that use the trope of being set in a superhero's world but omit the actual superhero. But that's a personal opinion. I can't say for sure if its a good idea or not. Whether it succeeds or not will answer that question.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

I don't really see the point. If it is a Superman show then I'd rather see Superman as the central character. If it's not a Superman show, then why use the planet Krypton as opposed to a new planet where you aren't tied to DCU mythology.

I mean probably not honestly. I don't expect the worldbuilding to be on par with what an ongoing story about Krypton would need.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    They made a show about pre-Batman Gotham, and that seems to be doing well.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It's a weird idea. At least give us Seyg and Jor. I don't think Gotham would be a thing if Gordon and the others weren't recognizable characters who test well.

The superhero shows are too cheesy for me to watch on a regular basis. I'd watch vaguely related shows, but Gotham and the like are just as cheesy.

I don't know... But Syfy have made some pretty good shows on the last times: The Expanse, 12 Monkeys, Dark Matter and even The Magicians (that have the worst main character ever). And David Goyer made a good work on Da Vinci's Demons, so I'll give it try.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They made a show about pre-Batman Gotham, and that seems to be doing well.
    But at least in Gotham we do have Bruce Wayne learning to become Batman. I would liken Gotham more to Smallville, where Clark Kent was learning to become Superman.
    Plus we have all the Bat villains. How many Super villains can the logically use? Obviously Lex Luthor and Zod are out. No Bizarro, Metallo, Parasite either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I don't really see the point. If it is a Superman show then I'd rather see Superman as the central character. If it's not a Superman show, then why use the planet Krypton as opposed to a new planet where you aren't tied to DCU mythology.
    It's just to cash in on the Superman fan base. They assume people will watch anything Superman. While just making it some random planet with all new characters just gets the sci-fi fans interested.