Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

How about an ensemble series starring a set cast of characters for ONE arc, after that arc a different character set takes the lead and the former leads can hang back as support (either order givers/ administration or friend/confidant).

Unlike Fractions rotating cast its not a trinity vehicle for 3 of the authors favorites, and expanded form of Justice League Unlimited in comic book format.

BANNED

IMG_1207.jpg

Replace Colossus with Maggott, reveal that this Shatterstar is the original hybrid body with the spirit of Benjamin Russell ( who has the classic autistic personality of Shatterstar mixed with Angry Homophobic Rob Liefeld ) , and add Classic Doop ;p
    Last edited by Jdsm24; 05-20-2017 at 10:39 AM.

As most seems to agree: Emma leading a group of x-men. I'd rather if it was more of a strike team than anything else. It'd be interesting to have the writers exploring further new antagonists, like Animex (from Bendis) and Chimera. I'm kind of tired of the same overused villains, like Sinister and Mistique. If it was more like a School, or training camp, I'd have Emma dealing with the youngers more like a teacher and having the cuckoos as the salty part of the book.

Also, they could add someone who's been missing from actiong for a while and isn't a mutant, like Mr. Fantastic. At least he could fill the Beast void this team would have. And no, no Forge.
    Last edited by Alex.; 05-20-2017 at 11:36 AM.

More teams with different mission statements and no overlapping characters. Since Cyclops and Logan are gone, I propose only female leaders:

Kitty and Storm co-lead Gold, with Colossus, Nightcrawler, Old Man Logan and Rachel, plus Magma and Cecilia Reyes as support.
    Jean Grey leads Blue, with young Cyclops, Iceman, Beast and Angel, plus Magneto, Jimmy Hudson, Kymera and Polaris as support.
    Jubilee leads Generation X, with Bling!, Nature Girl, Quentin Quire, Morph, Eye-Boy, plus Chamber and Husk as support.

New books would be:
    Emma Frost would lead Uncanny X-Men, with Magik, Havok, Sage, the Cuckoos, Xorn, Sunfire, Wolfsbane and X-Man.
    Rogue would lead X-Force, with Adult Iceman, Cannonball, Psylocke, Dani Moonstar, Rictor, Shatterstar, Marrow and Boom-Boom.
    All-New Wolverine (Laura) would lead her own New X-Men squad, comprised of Hellion, Surge, Dust, Mercury, Rockslide, Pixie, Anole, Trance and Blindfold, plus Gambit as support.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsm24 View Post
    IMG_1207.jpg

Replace Colossus with Maggott, reveal that this Shatterstar is the original hybrid body with the spirit of Benjamin Russell ( who has the classic autistic personality of Shatterstar mixed with Angry Homophobic Rob Liefeld ) , and add Classic Doop ;p
    That was a good belly laugh

Who drew this?

And yeah it's parodying how fans on internet just name random whimsical characters out of top of their head with not much reasoning into theme or story etc. Not to mention 0 chance of successful book since without widely recognized characters who would buy it outside the like 500 or so folks on forums?

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I think the obvious one is an Emma led Uncanny X-Men spinning out of whatever happens in New Tian. Throw in Beast, Magik, Xorn, Dazzler, Daken, Frenzy and whatever other unused characters are circling the board.

A strong second though might be getting the New Mutants back together in time for the movie. I'm sure Ewing would love to do it and it'd be an easy transition for him to parlay his (inevitably going to be canceled) U.S.Avengers into a New Mutants relaunch given he's already using Berto and Sam. Just throw in Rahne, Dani, Illyana and Lockheed and we're good to go.
    Sure as long as Karma, Warlock, and Doug land on their feet in another book. Although Ilyana might be on a more mainstream title, and Lockheed really ought to stay near Kitty.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 05-20-2017 at 12:20 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Mighty Member

I can't see any senerio in which Emma leads an x-team, not after IVX and to be honest even before IVX. Written correctly I cannot see any xmen related mutant willingly following her, she just doesn't command the respect or authority that would make xmen follow her. Her former prominence in the xmen came solely due to her relationship with Cyclops. Now if she recruited all new mutants to form a new team then no problem, they won't have history with her and would be more likely to blindly follow orders or be minipulated. Besides; would any veteran xman actually trust Emma, would they not suspect mental minipulation or treachery? I'm sure Emma fans would love her to have her own x-team, using them to further her own agenda, throwing shade, snark and backhanded quips and generally being mutant queen-boss. But I believe the xmen deserve better than to be pawns or lackeys for the benefit and elevation of Emma Frost. Now if a new x-book has Emma as a contribution member of the team that is fine but no to any x-book that shoves Frost to the forefront. And should she form an all new team, she cannot call them xmen, she lost that privilege.

BANNED

My X-Men team:

Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Jean Gray
    Beast
    Jubilee
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Storm

cause i'm 90s kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    My X-Men team:

Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Jean Gray
    Beast
    Jubilee
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Storm

cause i'm 90s kid.
    Cause it is perfect

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I can't see any senerio in which Emma leads an x-team, not after IVX and to be honest even before IVX. Written correctly I cannot see any xmen related mutant willingly following her, she just doesn't command the respect or authority that would make xmen follow her. Her former prominence in the xmen came solely due to her relationship with Cyclops. Now if she recruited all new mutants to form a new team then no problem, they won't have history with her and would be more likely to blindly follow orders or be minipulated. Besides; would any veteran xman actually trust Emma, would they not suspect mental minipulation or treachery? I'm sure Emma fans would love her to have her own x-team, using them to further her own agenda, throwing shade, snark and backhanded quips and generally being mutant queen-boss. But I believe the xmen deserve better than to be pawns or lackeys for the benefit and elevation of Emma Frost. Now if a new x-book has Emma as a contribution member of the team that is fine but no to any x-book that shoves Frost to the forefront. And should she form an all new team, she cannot call them xmen, she lost that privilege.
    Then again remember they're having the young O5 trust Magneto enough to ally themselves with him and Marvel isn't making Emma a full villain again so she'd work on a X-Force type book or some spy type book imho...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Then again remember they're having the young O5 trust Magneto enough to ally themselves with him and Marvel isn't making Emma a full villain again so she'd work on a X-Force type book or some spy type book imho...
    Bunn has said that the 05 are working with Magneto but they don't trust him. If that formula is followed in a Emma lead book where the team does not trust her or are not made to be lackeys then I could get behind that. There needs to be people willing to stand up to Emma and call her out on her crap, not blindly follow.

People would still follow Emma. And talking about standing up, lets not forget that the X-Men have been complete assholes and hypocrites the past couple of years. There's more than enough reason to believe that she could make her own team with others who are fed up with the X-men.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    People would still follow Emma. And talking about standing up, lets not forget that the X-Men have been complete assholes and hypocrites the past couple of years. There's more than enough reason to believe that she could make her own team with others who are fed up with the X-men.
    And Emma was just as much an asshole and hypocrit as the rest of them. Emma Frost is no paragon of virtue and no one is fed up with the xmen, if anything their fed up with Emma's bullshit and condescending attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    A good New X-men book with Hellion, Dust, Indra, Surge, Rockslide, Anole and Murcury
    I second this.
    Add Nezhno and The Cuckoos

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    And Emma was just as much an asshole and hypocrit as the rest of them. Emma Frost is no paragon of virtue and no one is fed up with the xmen, if anything their fed up with Emma's bullshit and condescending attitude.
    I'm not saying she's a paragon of virtue, I'm saying that there is a very good reason for why people would follow Emma. The fact that the X-men have not been a united force has been the status quo since Schism. It's had different variations since then, but it has been there. And current information shows that Emma will be leading a team for Secret Empire tie ins, why not start a book for them? There's clearly interest in it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    That was a good belly laugh

Who drew this?

And yeah it's parodying how fans on internet just name random whimsical characters out of top of their head with not much reasoning into theme or story etc. Not to mention 0 chance of successful book since without widely recognized characters who would buy it outside the like 500 or so folks on forums?

Sure as long as Karma, Warlock, and Doug land on their feet in another book. Although Ilyana might be on a more mainstream title, and Lockheed really ought to stay near Kitty.

Joe Quinones, who SHOULD be working on an X-book tsk tsk , and this was a variant cover during the time of Brian Bendis on Uncanny Xmen (too hollow overhyped!) showing the characters he apparently personally disrespects, that chutzpah of that mensch hehe