Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Jurgens makes it official Superman and Wonder Woman never happened!

https://twitter.com/thedanjurgens/st...78739759939585

Found the original link on Bleeding Cool.

I'm perfectly ok with this aspect of the new 52 being wiped

I'm also glad it's completely wiped out, but I do feel for those Superman/WW fans here who will not be so happy.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Didn't make much sense in the way continuity was reworked. Clark pretty much had to be with Lois for most of his time in order to have a 10 year old kid in current continuity. Plus his new 52 adventures didn't start till after he was married, so they wouldn't have been able to have stories where they are in a relationship work.

Honestly, this is for the best. Even if they did have a relationship in the past, Jurgens would likely have characters writing in passing how the relationship never worked and likely would just annoy fans of the couple, so it's probably best just disregarded completely. Leave it for alternate universe stories if fans want the couple back.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 05-15-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Honestly, this is for the best. Even if they did have a relationship in the past, Jurgens would likely have characters writing in passing how the relationship never worked and likely would just annoy fans of the couple, so it's probably best just disregarded completely. Leave it for alternate universe stories is fans want the couple back.
    I agree 100%
    Just disregard it and keep making the awesome books we're getting now!

And another good set of N52 stories bites the dust. I should really count myself lucky Supergirl's stuff from then has lasted at all though I imagine they'll cut that out too within the next year.

Bad from the point of view it erases what was at one time one of the best titles DC was publishing when Soule was writing it. Good from the point of view that if the current teams are going to be petty about it, best its gone completely and just remove the temptation to rag on it in the future.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So does this mean that all the stories that feature their relationship take place in their own universe?
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So does this mean that all the stories that feature their relationship take place in their own universe?
    That sounds like the Marvel way of thinking, where something that's a dream could actually be reality another universe.

Good riddance.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

By quoting Oliver from Arrow series "after five years in hell" this is finally over.
    Last edited by GreatKungLao; 05-15-2017 at 11:08 PM.

Stuff like this is why I stopped buying Superman comics
    We need better comics

I liked it while it was going on, and I think that before the "merge" (such as it is) they missed an opportunity to use Diana's insight into the late Superman to distance him from his successor. Still, unlike a lot of aspects of the New 52 that got tossed out, I'm not too bothered over this. I inferred that their relationship would end up retconned from the fact that Diana apparently helped deliver Jon. Sure amicable break-ups are a thing, but the relationship she had with both Lois and Kal seemed a lot more pre-Flashpoint to me, and unlike a lot of pre-Flashpoint stuff, I actually prefer Superman and Wonder Woman to be friends than lovers.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Stuff like this is why I stopped buying Superman comics
    This. I'll buy Superman's comics when D.C. will do an elseworld-line based on the New 52 or some similar universe. Otherwise, well I won't be bothering reading anything with Superbore in it. That's the straw that break the camel back.

BANNED

I don't know how it could have remained in the new timeline.

The time when Superman and Wonder Woman were together (Lobdell era and onwards), occurred after Superman and Lois had been married and Jon had been born in the new timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Or they happened, and Clark and Diana just weren't lovers during those stories. So just a downplaying of the romantic aspect.